**BREAKING** LEWIS McGUGAN GONE!

Don't understand why people are against him. It's our fault we are paying him way more than he's worth so we couldn't get a club to take him off our hands.

Now Lewis' fault he was offered a big contract that no other club was gonna match. 

18 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Don't understand why people are against him. It's our fault we are paying him way more than he's worth so we couldn't get a club to take him off our hands.

Now Lewis' fault he was offered a big contract that no other club was gonna match. 

I get your point, but I wouldn't say it's our fault for offering the contract. It's football's fault in general that players receive contracts like these with no guarantees on their work performance like there would be with any other job on the planet.

Of course, we could easily decide tomorrow to only ever offer results-based contracts in the future, but we'd never sign a decent player ever again in this market.

7 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I get your point, but I wouldn't say it's our fault for offering the contract. It's football's fault in general that players receive contracts like these with no guarantees on their work performance like there would be with any other job on the planet.

Of course, we could easily decide tomorrow to only ever offer results-based contracts in the future, but we'd never sign a decent player ever again in this market.

But clearly we are paying him way more than we should. It's just not McGugans fault he's been offered say £14k a week on a 3 year deal... he's not gonna leave after 1 or 2 years on a permanent contract somewhere else where he may only get £7k-£8k can't blame the lad for that I wouldn't leave a job for half the pay cos my manager didn't like me. 

How fickle can we Wednesdayites can be. It seems only a short while when we were singing his praises, and demanding that we sign him on a long contract.

Yes, something went wrong, but what? We don't know except from rumour. It obviously didn't work out for him and/or SW., but during his game time here, he never failed to give of his best. It was obviously not going to work here, but best of lick to him, except if he's playing against us..