U23s 1pm ko

4 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Joao and Hoops with FF behind should be our number one strike force. Absolutely everything. Pace, power, Skillz. 

It's a joke we play pedestrians ahead of locomotives 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here he's only scored against an u23s amateur side the championship is a whole different ball game hahaha lol woooooooosh 

3 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

We don't know if they're good enough so it won't do any harm giving them a chance. That or send them out on loan.

They definitely are not as good as anything we already have in the first team and carlos as already said some of these lads will be going out on loan as per stobbs

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

I was thinking more in terms of pace of the English game rather than fitness.

don't think a dev game would acclimatize him to the pace of a championship game mate ....I watched one last season and dielna just walked his way thru it and still looked the best player on the pitch ...we may have a decent side and a few good youngsters  at the level but the standard is a million miles away from the championship ........no criticism of joao but him terrorising defences probably says it all what the standard is like .

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Waltzing round defenders, and tearing the defence a new one, is not what Carlos requires from a striker. We need players who stand around in the six yard box complaining about the service

Yes . He should loan them out to relegation fodder...where they're not considered good enough to get a game.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

don't think a dev game would acclimatize him to the pace of a championship game mate ....I watched one last season and dielna just walked his way thru it and still looked the best player on the pitch ...we may have a decent side and a few good youngsters  at the level but the standard is a million miles away from the championship ........no criticism of joao but him terrorising defences probably says it all what the standard is like .

Fair enough, assumed they'd be played at a fair pace tbh, young legs n all no excuse ;)

4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Wednesday looked far bigger and stronger we moved the ball about at a decent tempo .two centre half's won everything in air Murphy and clare won their battles Joao got two worldies but as before we looked like men against boys at times 

Given that Joao is 24 in a couple of weeks it was probably men against boys.

I was at the game today. Typical Joao.

First touch at times was very poor and let him down, then two minutes later he's threading a couple of wonderful balls through, clearly playing at a level below his ability. Then two minutes after that he's falling down.

First goal he easily beat 6 players before dinking the keeper. However about 3 of those players were beaten through total mis-control by Joao. Second goal he cut in from the left, beat two defenders, and curled it into the top corner with his right foot (right in front of CC and the first team coaches watching!) CC was clearly delighted with the finish, doing a little celebration with his hands in the air! Excellent goal.

Trudged off after he had been subbed with Nuhiu and Fernando back to the players canteen area.

Team performance was very good, as last year, O'Grady and Thorniley very impressive a centre back as was Baker at right back. Penney needs to be playing league football somewhere, class above. Impressed with Clare, first time i've seen him.

Looks like they will be up there again dependant on who is loaned out. 

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Trudged off after he had been subbed with Nuhiu and Fernando back to the players canteen area.

I don't think CC would be heartbroken if all 3 of these went before the window closes- although I do think he'd like Joao out on loan rather than a permanent move.

Would still leave us with Fletch, Hooper, Winnall and Rhodes, with young Hirsty as a back up if required.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91