FF to Brighton

I was in favour of keeping him last year when he refused to play.  But he is at it again in this transfer window.  What I can't get out of my head is his claim to be a striker...when everybody knows we have too many strikers and badly need a left sided midfielder.   What an absolute tvvat.  He's stormed out of training...just acting awkward, it doesn't matter who chinned who.

I suspect he's not playing because he offski....and I have to say it will be better all round for the sqad.  Exciting player on his day, but no DiCanio....  Most games for any club before he joined Watford was 28.

He's a bad apple alright...get rid.

Edited by Tyto Alba
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

I was in favour of keeping him last year when he refused to play.  But he is at it again in this transfer window.  What I can't get out of my head is his claim to be a striker...when everybody knows we have too many strikers and badly need a left sided midfielder.   What an absolute tvvat.  He's stormed out of training...just acting awkward, it doesn't matter who chinned who.

I suspect he's not playing because he offski....and I have to say it will be better all round for the sqad.  Exciting player on his day, but no DiCanio....  Most games for any club before he joined Watford was 28.

He's a bad apple alright...get rid.

Good post.

He's got a big c*ck but he's sticking it up his own ar*e.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Because it's the altercation with Winnall on the training pitch which led to all this. Winnall had altercations with players at Oakwell too.

Yet Winnall hasn't been disciplined...

I don't doubt Winnall has a bit to say for himself, I've heard that myself.

In fact Brian Laws said the same when I arrivd at the ground on Saturday. 

Though he also says that Winnall doesn't bear a grudge and is the type to shake hands afterwards and forget about it all. 

The clubs negative PR recently seems to have done the trick.

Many people happy to see one of the best players we've had in many a year leave. What a shame.

If he goes then it will only be worth it if he fetches a very big fee that allows us to buy two quality players. If we waste it like we have on the likes of Abdi then we will regret it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

his sale would bring to an end our post takeover phase of investing in exciting talent like Lopez, ff and ( before injury ) mm. In phase 2 of the cc rebuilding we have invested in U.K players and built a functional unit coached and schooled the U.K. way, and our more maverick overseas bred talent has fallen away. This more than anything will mean we will probably not have that extra craft and guile to get out of the division.

i have no doubt we will go for snodgrass if we sell ff, given he fits the bill of being nearly 30, Scottish and lacking real game changing ability.

We are undoubtably gathering a squad of championship players, who will most likely keep us in the championship for many years to come

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He's the best player we've had since the 90's. We'd be nuts to sell him. As Grandad has said, id rather we get a new manager who can handle him properly. Do you think someone like Warnock would have hung him out to dry like this? 

He's a good player, but don't know how you've worked that out. He's not even the best player in the current squad imo. Sadly don't think FF is on the same wave length as the club. He's looking for a quick move to a lower end prem team for a few extra grand a month thinking short term. Whilst we are trying to build and move forward for the future. He's no where near as good as Di Canio as people keep saying on here. That's just embarrassing talk, like when the blunts compare Deane to Hirst. Very good player but not irreplaceable at all.