FF to Brighton

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

This situation isn't like last season, though, when he refused to play. He's not played because he was disciplined. That was the club's decision, not his. For all we know Winnall might have given him some lip, and he's reacted. In this country it's the retaliator who gets punished, not the original offender.

Still more likely to be two potential attempts to force a move, refuse to play, upset the club, savage your own player on the training ground. Funny that he's done it at almost the same time both years.

Either he or his agent doesn't want him to be at Wednesday. Get him off and get some decent defenders in I say.

Not much in it if your comparing  Knockaert and FF ...  much of a muchness but Knock is maybe more consistent 

don't think either are Prem quality if am honest 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't think anyone's suggesting he's refused to play. Rather he's been dropped as a result of his behaviour. 

Before this happened, and indeed before Winnall ever came here, Barnsley fans told me that he is a difficult character. Mardy and temperamental. We don't know what happened.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

He's the best player we've had since the 90's. We'd be nuts to sell him. As Grandad has said, id rather we get a new manager who can handle him properly. Do you think someone like Warnock would have hung him out to dry like this? 

Do you think Warnock would have accepted an apology from a player who refused to play for the club ???   Because I don't 

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Before this happened, and indeed before Winnall ever came here, Barnsley fans told me that he is a difficult character. Mardy and temperamental. We don't know what happened.

That just seems like a completely irrelevant piece of information though. 

It's completely identical to stating that because Forestieri dived once that he dived again or dives every time. Plus I've known many mardy and temperamental people, it's amazing who seems to have that character defect. It's not like all the players are robots. David Jones might have anxiety, Pudil might have anger issues, Dave might have hysteria. They're all human.

I may have missed this elsewhere but didn't his official apology appear briefly on the OS before being taken down? Ultimately it's just too much drama for all concerned, great player but that special connection he had with fans can never fully be restored. Let's cash in and use those funds wisely, which ironically is the part I'd worry about most...