FF to Brighton

We have a genuine match winner and the most gifted player we have had in ages and because we've blown our budget on positions already covered or on players that haven't improved the squad, we should sell FF?

I think he's been made the fall guy here. No doubt there have been some issues with him but if a manager and fanbase can stick by a player that Kung fu kicks a fan, I'm sure we can stick by Nando for a scuffle with Winnall. 

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

We have a genuine match winner and the most gifted player we have had in ages and because we've blown our budget on positions already covered or on players that haven't improved the squad, we should sell FF?

I think he's been made the fall guy here. No doubt there have been some issues with him but if a manager and fanbase can stick by a player that Kung fu kicks a fan, I'm sure we can stick by Nando for a scuffle with Winnall. 

He's no cantona.

51 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

no player will ever be bigger than the club hissy fits or not.hissy fits are like a petulant child and i include the whole squad in that if they do it.

There were two in the late 90s who proved to be bigger than the club when we couldn't replace them. 

The zero tolerance of Sheffield football fans toward this kind of behaviour sounds good at the time but I think we need to remember what happened last time and see the bigger picture.

Im not saying we shouldn't sell if it is right for the club financially. But PSG just paid 150 million for a player who loves a hissy fit. 

The refusal to play thing was a big deal but a training ground spat is a non issue (the club have said so and backtracked on the other non issue they helpfully mentioned about him feeling tired on the wing). 

I don't think we as a fan base or club are over the playoffs and the fans expected more from CC and FF in those semis. The pair of them are now bearing the brunt of things and I daresay we may sacrifice FF as a means of getting new players in if the chairman still wants to keep/save CC. If so it's a gamble!

Edited by Bluesteel

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

To be fair....   the club and CC stuck by the lad last season when he refused to play football for the club 

many clubs and managers wouldn't have done that 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

To be fair....   the club and CC stuck by the lad last season when he refused to play football for the club 

many clubs and managers wouldn't have done that 

Thats supposedly history though.

So now there is some mysterious incident that warrants a ban from the side. But by the same token they insist it isn't a big deal and happens all over the country. They are tying themselves in knots with these mixed messages but unless there has been a serious altercation or another issue they are covering up I don't see how this compares to refusing to play. 

Some comments detached from reason and reality....

To anyone suggesting that the manager is somehow at fault because he's not managed to pander to FF's demands and ignore his misdemeanours I'd say thank goodness he hasn't!! Individuals are responsible for their own actions, one mistake you get the law laid down but the benefit of the doubt, two and three there's a pattern emerging and it's time to call it quits. Nobody can or should ever be allowed to even think they are bigger than the club, this is no different however painful.

FF's heart has not been in it since that fateful day he declined to put the blue and white on, I think he and everyone else have tried to make it work to be fair but it was inevitable he'd eventually leave.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

So now there is some mysterious incident that warrants a ban from the side. But by the same token they insist it isn't a big deal and happens all over the country. They are tying themselves in knots with these mixed messages but unless there has been a serious altercation or another issue they are covering up I don't see how this compares to refusing to play. 

It doesn't compare to refusing to play, you're right. A lot of fans haven't forgiven him for last year, hence the reaction. I deal with the Latin races, and they're temperamental. If you want the skills they bring, you have to put up with it.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I'm not saying they do compare , 2 very different situations but still situations where the club will need to support FF if it can be overcome 

they stood by him last time and if I'm honest I expect they will do again, I don't see him leaving the club 

My first thought is that we should definitely keep him, unless he's flat out refusing to play where Carlos wants him too. I think the "too tired to track back" comment wasn't him refusing to play left, just letting CC know he doesn't like playing there.

Fernando In.

Second thought is we should get rid, cba with his antics.

Fernando out.

There, now I'm officially covered from any backlash.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

He's no cantona.

No he isn't, and if here were he wouldn't be here frankly. But he's still different to what we have, and  gives us a different option...should Carlos choose it. He hasn't looked the same player as he did in that first season, true, but neither have a lot of our players. That's due to a change in style, and the fact that we're no longer underestimated. Maybe you think I'm condoning his antics; I'm not. I don't give a monkey's about him. For me he's a means to an end, just like the rest of them.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I'm not saying they do compare , 2 very different situations but still situations where the club will need to support FF if it can be overcome 

they stood by him last time and if I'm honest I expect they will do again, I don't see him leaving the club 

I think he'll stay, and Carlos was adamant last night that he'd be back in the team. It's unlikely he'll leave.

41 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

What about one that refused to play for the club?

I unfortunately can only see this going one way and that is with Forestieri leaving the club. His antics in the last 12 months is of that who's agent has been in his ear saying "look I can get you a premier league move, but you have got to get the club to want to get rid of you".

Suarez did similar to get a move away from Liverpool.

My view is he wants premier league football fast and will do whatever it takes to get it.

Carlos dropping him completely from the Sunderland game in my opinion was him saying ok you can go as I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have been on the bench instead of Matias otherwise.

Think we may have to get used to life without him.

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

How on earth can he be the fall guy? Is he somehow not responsible for his own actions? 

I don't care how good you are, bending to player power can only have a negative impact on internal affairs at the club. We have already done plenty to keep him on side, we fought hard to keep him when other clubs would have capitulated, improved his contract and paid him more. Enough is enough and remember, no player moves against their will, if he leaves it's because he wants to.