FF to Brighton

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don't know anything about his supposed child like attitude, since I don't work with him. 

Footballers aren't robots, they don't just go to training and nod like fckin Churchill dogs....no amount of money will change that. I expect the club and manager to MANAGE the player. 

I dont see that happening currently. I see the club hanging him out to dry tbh. 

What do you see to suggest that!? 

The club gave him a 2nd chance last season. The club offered him a new contract with great terms. 

The club have disciplined him in line with the disciplinary procedure. 

I agree that the fans have hung him out to dry at times but can't agree that the club will, they've always stuck by him. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don't know anything about his supposed child like attitude, since I don't work with him. 

Footballers aren't robots, they don't just go to training and nod like fckin Churchill dogs....no amount of money will change that. I expect the club and manager to MANAGE the player. 

I dont see that happening currently. I see the club hanging him out to dry tbh. 

When I was 26 I didn't need anyone to manage my life.. footballer or not.

15 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Only in the Wednesday fan base do you find people saying "good riddance" to the clubs best player....

He is the clubs best player, but here is a far out theory, suppose his attitude is having a negative effect on the team and holding it back such as last season when he had his little hissy fit. 

We should get a decent price for him and enable us to sign quality additions that are much needed.

I for one would be happy with that.

This situation isn't like last season, though, when he refused to play. He's not played because he was disciplined. That was the club's decision, not his. For all we know Winnall might have given him some lip, and he's reacted. In this country it's the retaliator who gets punished, not the original offender.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don't think it would be in our interests to sell him, but our transfer dealings have been such a clusterf@ck that I wouldn't bet against it

Yes, but we don't play like we did in that first season. Carlos won't risk opening up till our defence is better quality. There's only Lees who's at the required level.

I think it is absolutely in our best interests to sell him.

People have been complaining about our performances and that "something isn't right" ever since Wembley. FF started acting up right from the kick off last season and he think he has been a hugely disruptive influence at the club ever since.

Kicks off again at the start of this season and we see the team is not right on the pitch immediately. Carlos finally takes action and last night distinctive signs of it coming together and real team spirit.

FF is a bad apple and needs to go before any further damage ensues. Whether or not he is the best player at the club at the moment is completely irrelevant.

his sale would bring to an end our post takeover phase of investing in exciting talent like Lopez, ff and ( before injury ) mm. In phase 2 of the cc rebuilding we have invested in U.K players and built a functional unit coached and schooled the U.K. way, and our more maverick overseas bred talent has fallen away. This more than anything will mean we will probably not have that extra craft and guile to get out of the division.

i have no doubt we will go for snodgrass if we sell ff, given he fits the bill of being nearly 30, Scottish and lacking real game changing ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

This situation isn't like last season, though, when he refused to play. He's not played because he was disciplined. That was the club's decision, not his. For all we know Winnall might have given him some lip, and he's reacted. In this country it's the retaliator who gets punished, not the original offender.

This post is idiotic.

21 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If he signs for a Championship club and then knocks us out of the play-offs you will. It would be worth keeping him just to stop other Championship clubs getting him.

I can't see another championship club affording him with the exception of maybe Boro and I'd fancy them for the top 2.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

What do you see to suggest that!? 

The club gave him a 2nd chance last season. The club offered him a new contract with great terms. 

The club have disciplined him in line with the disciplinary procedure. 

I agree that the fans have hung him out to dry at times but can't agree that the club will, they've always stuck by him. 

Well, for a start, there was absolutely no need for CC to mention anything about FF's reluctance to play left. 

He knew he'd fcked up, because he had to correct himself 24 hours later. 

Next: this bust up, they didn't have to say a word. Yes, someone on twitter saw the incident. But that's all it was - a twitter rumour. The club / CC should've dealt with it in house. Instead we aired out dirty laundry, and or FF under more scrutiny(and no doubt social media abuse). The regurgitated statement has made it worse. 

Maybe FF just wants to get his head down, but people won't let him? 

Personally, I couldn't give a sh*tif he has an attitude as long as it doesn't affect the rest of the team, and we get the best out of him.

15 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

10m and let him go. We reinvest that in Harley Dean, Irvine and Snodgrass. All our missing links solved in 1 go with spare change. 

Quality player on his day but is causing too many problems at the club and is NOT a striker !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's very optimistic 

doubt there would be owt spare from 10 big ones just for Snodgrass 

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

Well, for a start, there was absolutely no need for CC to mention anything about FF's reluctance to play left. 

He knew he'd fcked up, because he had to correct himself 24 hours later. 

Next: this bust up, they didn't have to say a word. Yes, someone on twitter saw the incident. But that's all it was - a twitter rumour. The club / CC should've dealt with it in house. Instead we aired out dirty laundry, and or FF under more scrutiny(and no doubt social media abuse). The regurgitated statement has made it worse. 

Maybe FF just wants to get his head down, but people won't let him? 

Personally, I couldn't give a sh*tif he has an attitude as long as it doesn't affect the rest of the team, and we get the best out of him.

I genuinely think if FF wanted to get his head down and play then he wouldn't be getting into disciplinary issues and he'd be in that team busting a gut like we know he can. It's clear he has an attitude problem, this isn't irregular for footballers and can be managed. Furthermore I doubt that it isn't affecting the team because in all likelihood it is.

Despite the above I'd happily keep Fernando and seeing him play for us has been amazing at times but I can completely understand fans that are fed up with him. Just as an aside I think it's been hard for him since the 2015/16 season as teams have completely nullified him and referee's have formed a vendetta against him. 

If he doesn't play on Saturday then I reckon it's nailed on that he will leave. 

A move over to the premier league at a club like Brighton will be too much for him to turn down. He will also get chance to play alongside the old owlstalk favourites Dunk n Knockaert.

He will no doubt struggle in the premier league too, where he won't reach double figures. If he is as good as he is made out to be on here then Watford wouldn't have sold him. 

Brighton are also also one of the favourites for relegation so let's see how he gets on in a struggling team. 

I dont know what we would get for him, I'm guessing around £8m but I worry that the club may have shot them selves in the foot making their FFP worries public and making us sound skint. Who knows. 

Pre season I said I wanted to see FF and /or Bannan sold this summer. Not based on football abilities but purely so Carlos couldn't use out of position. Wednesday night the team looked far more balanced and if this is the road Carlos wants to go down I really don't think FF will be missed.