Hutch injury

As a CB he was our only cover for a fragile Loovens.

As a CM he is well covered by Jones, Abdi and (when fit) Lee. 

Bizarre management to play him v Preston and Chesterfield. 

If Hutch has only 20-25 games in him each season, what on earth is he doing playing when unfit?

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

For the first time yesterday I was peed off with Hutch. Always loved his style and attitude but it was a stupid rush challenge too far resulting in another wasted substitution. 

That's exactly happened how I felt

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

But did you clap him off?

I didnt. Quite a few around me did but to be honest I've lost my patience with him. Even said it to a few people around me....another in a long line of stupid challenges. He won't change

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

As a CB he was our only cover for a fragile Loovens.

As a CM he is well covered by Jones, Abdi and (when fit) Lee. 

Bizarre management to play him v Preston and Chesterfield. 

If Hutch has only 20-25 games in him each season, what on earth is he doing playing when unfit?

exactly this mate...what I don't understand is with our cb shortage and mass's of midfield players we could and should have played 3 at the back with lees loovens and Hutchinson and maybe the later would not have got injured 

15 hours ago, torres said:

Another thing we've not addressed in 2 years. 

An adequate replacement for him 

Results don't support that.

Since Hutch was moved to CM last November:-

With Hutch - W9 D4 L5

Without Hutch - W8 D5 L2 

I think we need to move on from Hutch playing a third of our season at CM. We need to find a settled CM pairing, which is impossible with Hutch. Plus, he isn't as good a CM as our others - plays too deep.

Delighted to see him as a CB and only very occasionally as CM. 

(Results exclude the Fulham "reserve" match, and matches where he played less than 45 mins)

13 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Doesn't Carlos' super new medical team mean injuries are a thing of the past......or was he just looking for a scapegoat at the end of last season? 

How the hell can the medical team be expected to prevent injury?

Volvo build safe cars, but they can't prevent crashes.

11 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

That cost us ?? Trust me it was the tactically ineptitude of our manager that cost us. 

Trust me it was the fact that we didn't get awarded the definite penalty for handball in the second half that cost us but people don't want to talk about that because they have their own agenda's and are too caught up in the negativity.

14 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

He sacked them as it was easier than admitting that he'd forced Keiran Lee to come back before he was ready and has risked crippling him permanently.

Amazing that we as fans can be given this behind the scenes insight  - thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

Trust me it was the fact that we didn't get awarded the definite penalty for handball in the second half that cost us but people don't want to talk about that because they have their own agenda's and are too caught up in the negativity.

I agree with the penalty which would have won us the game. But we papered over the cracks last year and I don't think we should again, we have a class squad but it's unbalanced and we are under achieving. It's not an agenda I just want us to do better. We were up there with Newcastle last year but look where they are and look where we are. 

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree with the penalty which would have won us the game. But we papered over the cracks last year and I don't think we should again, we have a class squad but it's unbalanced and we are under achieving. It's not an agenda I just want us to do better. We were up there with Newcastle last year but look where they are and look where we are. 

I agree we look unbalanced and we all want us to do better. Im waiting to see who we bring in before the transfer window closes before making any judgement on CC and im sure DC will be doing the same, though wether our fans will be so patient remains to be seen, i would hate to see the atmosphere turning nasty if we go a goal down against Sunderland.

15 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I agree we look unbalanced and we all want us to do better. Im waiting to see who we bring in before the transfer window closes before making any judgement on CC and im sure DC will be doing the same, though wether our fans will be so patient remains to be seen, i would hate to see the atmosphere turning nasty if we go a goal down against Sunderland.

Whilst I agree with you there i just see a stubbornness which is holding us back with CC. Everyone can see the lack of pace bar him and he refuses to acknowledge it. I want him to succeed but I fear it's not possible now and don't want to waist too much time that this season becomes pointless if you get me. That said 2 games isn't a chance but I think this stems from last season.... well for me it does anyway 

3 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

How the hell can the medical team be expected to prevent injury?

Volvo build safe cars, but they can't prevent crashes.

But, taking your analogy, Volvo does stop people getting serious injuries when they are in crashes. A good quality medical / fitness team can make an enormous difference to the number of routine injuries a team has. 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

. We need to find a settled CM pairing, which is impossible with Hutch.

No problem at all with him playing his deep lying anchor role as he did superbly against The Arsenal last season in a 3 man midfield.

In a two man midfield though I quite agree.

That said I'm not confident of any of the others playing in a two man midfield either. 

If we're to persist with this 442 then we need to aquire a different sort of central player. A robust one who had the combative nature, but can also break box to box with tremendous stamina.  Oh, and chip in with some goals. 

Not sure where the scientific boffins are at the moment with their cloning but a Carlton copy  would fit the bill.

Failing that someone like the Irvine boy at Burton. 

Of course....where the money comes from for this is a different matter. ..

17 hours ago, Owl999 said:

If he wasn't played in midfield I don't think he'd get half the injuries, be nice to see Abdi get a run of games if he's out a while.

Needs moving back to cb he thinks more, sees more and is far less reckless. Needed addressing in summer with a tough tackling pain in the back side. Used to despise Both brown and derry, but that's what we need, so we can release hutch back to cb. Him and Lees could be our Pearson and shirtliff for the next 6/7. Years. 

2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Whats a penalty shout got to do with an injury or am i missing something?

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Whilst I agree with you there i just see a stubbornness which is holding us back with CC. Everyone can see the lack of pace bar him and he refuses to acknowledge it. I want him to succeed but I fear it's not possible now and don't want to waist too much time that this season becomes pointless if you get me. That said 2 games isn't a chance but I think this stems from last season.... well for me it does anyway 

I agree but i feel that CC has earnt the right to have 10 games this season, by then he should have got his new signings in and we can see if it's working. If it's not working by then, then it's time for a different approach under a new manager.

10 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I agree but i feel that CC has earnt the right to have 10 games this season, by then he should have got his new signings in and we can see if it's working. If it's not working by then, then it's time for a different approach under a new manager.

I honestly don't think we'll sign anyone, maybe a CH that we can rush through but not the ones we want. I am worried about that also