God No!!!!

14 hours ago, AMB1867 said:

Moyes can't do any worse than Carlos is doing.

He had a tough time at Man Utd and wasn't allowed the resources that LVG or JM had.

Then at Sunderland had no resources what so ever. 

Id take the gamble compared to the absolute garbish that #CluelessCarlos continues to serve up.

You think the football Carlos plays is boring, wait till moyes is in...

5 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Ideally I would love us to get someone like Brendan Rodgers but there's no hope in getting him until we go up. Dean Smith is my realistic ideal preference to succeed Carlos. I like the way his teams play, he spots and brings through talent, seems to wheel and deal well. But if we can't prize him away from Brentford, then we should go for Alan Pardew. Pardew's teams are attacking. He's experienced and would be one of the smarter short term options. Unless we can spot a young up and coming manager on the rise, I would go for Smith or Pardew.

dean smith is a good shout and I doubt we'd have any trouble prising him away from Brentford ...

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

At the moment I'd gamble on most of the suggestions made ahead of Carlos.

You can't seriously tell me he's getting the most out of the group of players at his disposal!! Last season we were amongst the lowest scorers in the top 10 despite having the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall to choose from. The second leg of the playoffs was embarrassing, the way we went all out defend against Huddersfield after we'd taken the lead and had them on the ropes was a joke.

Is it any real co-incidence that Jordan Rhodes has scored goals for fun his entire career and then comes here and suddenly stops scoring? Other than one cross yesterday the service to him has been abysmal as we ask him to run the channels and win flick ins for players around him... simply not his game!! Had Carlos seen him play before he signed him?

Speaking of players he'd failed to get the best out of did you see the Sunderland match this afternoon? Aiden McGeady was immense as he was the majority of last season at Preston but on the build up to the playoff final Carlos tells him he's not needed and then throws on Jeremy Helen when we are chasing the game and the £170m prize money that comes with it, unbelievably bad management!!!

And then we go onto the issue of money and the fact that it could be argued that Reach, Abdi, Jones, Matias and Joao have all failed to produce since coming here. I'm not saying they're bad players but they obviously don't fit in with what Carlos is trying to do so that's potentially around £12m right there wasted by him and now we're having to start initiatives like club 1867 as we sail close to the wind with regards to FFP.

Of the names mentioned David Moyes, Nigel Pearson, Alan Pardew and Paul Lambert would all do better with respect to the above in my opinion. I'd also be willing to bet that they wouldn't have the best group of players we've had in 20 years sending me to sleep as Carlos did numerous times last season.

I really like Carlos and would love to see him succeed here but I genuinely believe we are now going backwards under him.

garymegson

On 8/13/2017 at 09:54, chirpyowl said:

If you really think that whoever is responsible for our recruitment can bring in a quality left-winger then you haven't been paying attention for the last two years.

We need to keep hold of all of our better players, because the club isn't capable of bringing in better with the money we'd get.

We got FF for around £3m, not bad considering. 

If you really wanna go up you,  should back CC and help get him power to buy and sell.

Alternatively, only route 1 will give you best chance short of mega money.

Pulis at Stoke, Burnley etc , etc.

So you are looking at BIg Sam or Moyes.

But then you don't have time to find a pacy winger, target man , midfield beast and 2 giant stoppers.  

Jesus I pray, desperately that you aren't subject to the reign of terror I suffered at the hands of this clown.

Negative style of play, slow laboured passing, defeatist attitude and generally - Dull as dishwasher.

Think he's just going through the motions, failed his huge Man United test, flopped in Spain and that seems to have taken it's toll. Doesn't have the passion or love for the game anymore (In my personal opinion - I know it may sound like I'm his shrink :laugh:) and he's just looking for one last decent pay-day. 

Your club and you deserve better than this man. The old, charasmatic, badass Scotsman, capable of top 10 finishes on a shoe-string transfer budget is gone. Don't let that fool you - That's why we thought he'd do 'Okay'. No passion, tactically naive, short of ideas and shadow of his former self.

Hopefully it's just paper talk.

One of the most depressing times as a Sunderland fan under Moyes, considering how bad we were under Martin O'Neill, Steve Bruce, Gus Poyet and Paulo Do Canio- It's quite an accomplishment.

Edited by SunderlandfanMark

6 hours ago, SunderlandfanMark said:

Negative style of play, slow laboured passing, defeatist attitude and generally - Dull as dishwasher.

Sounds like a Carlos clone only he didn't woo you with decent football in the beginning only to fall to dour tactics.

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Sounds like a Carlos clone only he didn't woo you with decent football in the beginning only to fall to dour tactics.

We'll not get promoted playing attractive football. We're not good enough, especially in defence. If we ever go up it will be dourly. I want a manager who's better at being dour than Carlos.

9 hours ago, fred mciver said:

If you really wanna go up you,  should back CC and help get him power to buy and sell.

Alternatively, only route 1 will give you best chance short of mega money.

Pulis at Stoke, Burnley etc , etc.

So you are looking at BIg Sam or Moyes.

But then you don't have time to find a pacy winger, target man , midfield beast and 2 giant stoppers.  

Spot on. Absolutely, totally and utterly right. It's why Harsenal will never win the European Cup under Wenger. He tries to beat the Likes of Barca at their own game. The snag is that Barca have better players than the Gunners. If you want to win it, and you don't have the poke of Barca and Madrid, you do it like Chelski.

"Couldn't do worse than Carlos" seems to be a common theme on various threads. 

I remember when everyone said Pleat couldn't do worse than Francis. Then after Ron left, well Wilson couldn't do worse than Pleat. 

It's early days. Be careful what you wish for lads.