God No!!!!

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

It's called putting your name on the market, that's all ... or is it throwing your name into the hat.  be interested to know who people do want for manager should he get the chop

Be an abject failure ... have the worse CV in the world and you can get on any short list

and even appointed a "managers" job in football.

You couldn't make it up ... and whose paying for it ... us,

via money we pay at the gate or to tv companies.

I like Moyes TBH. Did fantastic at both Preston and Everton. Was very unlucky at Manchester United, he was always on a loser coming in as the first manager after Fergie. When he was handed a 6 year contract I thought they'd give him a chance to do the rebuilding job that needed doing there and I think they would be in a better place than they are now if they had? Real Sociedad was a learning curve and Sunderland like Aston Villa have been on a downward spiral for years and relegation for them was inevitable at some stage.  He could yet re-build his career somewhere but I don't think it will be here as no old school British manager would buy into the set-up we currently have IMO?

41 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I like Moyes TBH. Did fantastic at both Preston and Everton. Was very unlucky at Manchester United, he was always on a loser coming in as the first manager after Fergie. When he was handed a 6 year contract I thought they'd give him a chance to do the rebuilding job that needed doing there and I think they would be in a better place than they are now if they had? Real Sociedad was a learning curve and Sunderland like Aston Villa have been on a downward spiral for years and relegation for them was inevitable at some stage.  He could yet re-build his career somewhere but I don't think it will be here as no old school British manager would buy into the set-up we currently have IMO?

I'm not sure that we wouldn't be the next part of his downward spiral

My shortlist would be:

Martin O'Neill - Would be my first choice if he's open to managing both us and ROI, but unlikely to happen, nor would he come cheap.

Paulo Sousa - Portuguese chap who has won cups and leagues in Hungary and Switzerland.

Pearson - Put together the bulk of the Leicester team that won the premier league.

Allardyce - Had Sunderland punching well above their weight. Won't give a flip about the scandal if he gets us firing.

Alex Neil - Promotions with Norwich and Hamilton to their respective top divisions.

Edited by adifferentgame

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We didn't have better players than Huddersfield. We may have had more household names from five years ago, but better players? No chance

We did have better players the problem in the playoffs being they were all injured or carrying injuries nothing we could do about that.

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thank f00k that you're not in charge. 

I'd rather we actually get someone good in if we are to make a change. 

Each to their own though. 

Some of you want us to keep to the same formula of failure

I'll never understand that loser attitude 

But like you say 'each to their own'

2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Some of you want us to keep to the same formula of failure

I'll never understand that loser attitude 

But like you say 'each to their own'

So you'd sack the manager and replace him with anyone, regardless of how crap they are. 

Proper "winners" attitude that one. 

To all you Carlos outers.....lol is that the best you lot want to replace him two most boring type of football managers in Thier style and how they come across in everything about them Moyes and Pardew .....lol.......lol........lol.......lol......and you lot want exciting football!!!!!lol.......where has George Graham gone get him in too!!!!!!lol....half of you know nowt!!!!!UTO.......2GAMES IN.....LOL......

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

To all you Carlos outers.....lol is that the best you lot want to replace him two most boring type of football managers in Thier style and how they come across in everything about them Moyes and Pardew .....lol.......lol........lol.......lol......and you lot want exciting football!!!!!lol.......where has George Graham gone get him in too!!!!!!lol....half of you know nowt!!!!!UTO.......2GAMES IN.....LOL......

Yeah but wanting the manager sacked and replaced with anyone (let's get the tea lady in for a spell) is the attitude of a "winner". 

Just ask @horny owl

43 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

We did have better players the problem in the playoffs being they were all injured or carrying injuries nothing we could do about that.

Sure Hooper and Lee were a big miss undoubtably, but I think a lot of our fans are guilty of believing our players are better than they are. Often we are dismissive about opponents players, perhaps because we don't know much about them, but some of them are actually pretty damn good

Just now, gurujuan said:

Sure Hooper and Lee were a big miss undoubtably, but I think a lot of our fans are guilty of believing our players are better than they are. Often we are dismissive about opponents players, perhaps because we don't know much about them, but some of them are actually pretty damn good

Don't worry - you constantly remind us all of how they aren't that good.