Forestieri not in the squad

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, ramone said:

It's impossible to debate with 'Fan Girls' mate... if you can't see that FF is in the wrong here then I worry for you as a human being as you clearly haven't been brought up with morals. 

You're going off piste be careful I'm probably old enough to teach you English.

Thanks for for the insult young man you have a chip on you're shoulder you should accept different opinions without such personal crap I won't hold my breath though.

35 minutes ago, ramone said:

I'd happily never watch Adam Reach again in my lifetime. He's dreadful. But at least he wants to play for us. 

I assume that you'll like watching Newcastle from September onwards seeing as you support FF and not the club 

FF wants to play for us, when he's on the pitch the passion he plays with tells you that. I'm not having a dig at Reach but when he plays week in week out with his average at best performances there's no emotion, at least Forestieri is passionate when he plays, you can tell he wants to score, wants to be involved, wants to take people on, wants all the glory...I don't see any of that 'winning' mentality from players like Reach anywhere near enough.  

I think people are reading far too much into this than needs be, we have FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Joao and Nuhiu all competing for the opportunity to play first team football, 7 strikers for 2 positions makes things very competitive. I'm glad they're getting rowdy at training, tough competition means players need to elevate their game to play and Winnall has done that & impressed me these last two games.

We all know FF is diva, the players know it, the club knows, CC knows, but they all know this happens at every other football club in the world, they've all experienced this before...the management & players all know how to handle situations like this. As i've mentioned FF wants to be the main man, play every game, score every goal etc, we get the best out of Forestieri when he is doing that, hence why in his first season he was for the most part unplayable. Now FF has more competition he doesn't like it, he gets upset because he has to play out wide or come of the bench sometimes.

We will either get better with FF and he will calm down and remain a proper professional and work harder for the team OR he will force a move out the club. Only time will tell what happens, but i'm confident that whatever is going of behind closed doors will be resolved and we will get FF back to his best and all the people slating him on here will quickly be back on the bandwagon.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

8 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

You're going off piste be careful I'm probably old enough to teach you English.

Thanks for for the insult young man you have a chip on you're shoulder you should accept different opinions without such personal crap I won't hold my breath though.

Chip on my shoulder? Whys that? And it's hardly an insult to question you for loving a guy that continues to mess with our club. 

Im happy to accept differing opinions. I've offered counter arguments justbas you have done with me... if, like you say, you're old enough to 'teach me English' (not quite sure what this means) then perhaps you should be made of thicker stuff...

Also, you tell me to 'be careful'... be careful of what exactly?

Edited by ramone

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Because he caused a scene in training and refused to play last season. 

Everyone knows that

You keep on referring back to his antics last season. Ok let's do that, just so that we can get everything into perspective, but let's include everything, right!?

Was our top scorer season 1. Fact.

Was our most exciting player first season 1.  Subjective.

Was our most dangerous player season 1. Subjective.

Has been photographed watching the development squad, season 1. Fact.

Refused to play against Villa. Season 2. Speculation.

Played against Villa season 2. Fact.

Scored against Villa season 2, despite speculation of him not wanting to play. Fact.

Was on less money than Fletcher, despite being our main player and not being happy about it. Speculation.

Refused to Travel to play against against Norwich season 2. Speculation/fact.

Made to apologise to the fans. Fact

Apologised to the fans and the club. Fact.

Made to look like a wounded dog season 2. Subjective.

Was the top goal scorer season 2. Fact.

Was our most exciting player season 2. Subjective.

Missed pen at Brighton away where the whole side crumbled despite having a real opportunity to get 3 points from a promotion rival. Fact.

When benched at Newcastle at home (due to injuries) was dying to get on the pitch. Season 2. Fact.

Scored a cracking goal at Forest away showing determination and desire to succeed. Season 2. Subjective.

Jumped into the away crowed when he scored at Forest away. Season 2. Fact.

Scored a flying header against Cardiff at home to beat Warnocks ridged side. Season 2. Fact.

Missed pen in the playoffs. Fact.

Came back/rushed from an injury in the playoffs. Speculation.

Was one of our better players Preston away. Season 3. Subjective.

Refused to play wide left. Season 3 Speculation.

Manager states he did not refuse to play out wide. Fact.

He tracks back more than most players. Season 1/2/3. Subjective.

He had an altercation with another player over a bad/late tackle season 3. Speculation.

He was dropped from the squad yesterday because of that altercation Speculation.

Now..... Go through that list and weigh up the facts against the speculations and the subjective views. You may come to the conclusion that your treatment or should I say anger towards Fernando Forestieri is an overreaction. It's the type of overaction (because of how social media gets us close to the players) drives the players out of the club. This is only reason why I'm even bothering replying to some of you.  As I hope to dilute the guilty first ask questions last mentality.

4 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

FF wants to play for us, when he's on the pitch the passion he plays with tells you that. I'm not having a dig at Reach but when he plays week in week out with his average at best performances there's no emotion, at least Forestieri is passionate when he plays, you can tell he wants to score, wants to be involved, wants to take people on, wants all the glory...I don't see any of that 'winning' mentality from players like Reach anywhere near enough.  

I think people are reading far too much into this than needs be, we have FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Joao and Nuhiu all competing for the opportunity to play first team football, 7 strikers for 2 positions makes things very competitive. I'm glad they're getting rowdy at training, tough competition means players need to elevate their game to play and Winnall has done that & impressed me these last two games.

We all know FF is diva, the players know it, the club knows, CC knows, but they all know this happens at every other football club in the world, they've all experienced this before...the management & players all know how to handle situations like this. As i've mentioned FF wants to be the main man, play every game, score every goal etc, we get the best out of Forestieri when he is doing that, hence why in his first season he was for the most part unplayable. Now FF has more competition he doesn't like it, he gets upset because he has to play out wide or come of the bench sometimes.

We will either get better with FF and he will calm down and remain a proper professional and work harder for the team OR he will force a move out the club. Only time will tell what happens, but i'm confident that whatever is going of behind closed doors will be resolves and we will get FF back to his best and all the people slating him on here will quickly be back on the bandwagon.

We've seen FF on song for 1 season. Last season I didn't see this passion. All I saw was a spoilt brat throwing his toys out of the pram. He was average at best last season. He's dining out on his name and a good 15-16 season.

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

You keep on referring back to his antics last season. Ok let's do that, just so that we can get everything into perspective, but let's include everything, right!?

Scored against Villa season 2, despite speculation of him not wanting to play. Fact.

Was on less money than Fletcher, despite being our main player and not being happy about it. Speculation.

Missed pen at Brighton away where the whole side crumbled despite having a real opportunity to get 3 points from a promotion rival. Fact.

When benched at Newcastle at home (due to injuries) was dying to get on the pitch. Season 2. Fact.

Scored a cracking goal at Forest away showing determination and desire to succeed. Season 2. Subjective.

Scored a flying header against Cardiff at home to beat Warnocks ridged side. Season 2. Fact.

He had an altercation with another player over a bad/late tackle season 3. Speculation.

He was dropped from the squad yesterday because of that altercation Speculation.

Now..... Go through that list and weigh up the facts against the speculations and the subjective views. You may come to the conclusion that your treatment or should I say anger towards Fernando Forestieri is an overreaction. It's the type of overaction (because of how social media gets us close to the players) drives the players out of the club. This is only reason why I'm even bothering replying to some of you.  As I hope to dilute the guilty first ask questions last mentality.

Don't bother...

9 minutes ago, ramone said:

He's dining out on his name and a good 15-16 season.

CC?  Absolutely.

I question your blind loyalty to someone that's got his ulterior motives, plays favourites and has no idea who his best team is three years in, will throw players under the bus to the press, buries some inexplicably and without explanation, solidified his powerbase as nearly absolute at Hillsborough with little check or oversight from a DoF, and has us absolutely unprepared for every big match since Wembley (Huddersfield caught us with our pants down yet again)..

If FF needs to go, no way should CC survive the fallout.  He is complicit in this mess.

• Like 1

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

We will either get better with FF and he will calm down and remain a proper professional and work harder for the team OR he will force a move out the club. Only time will tell what happens, but i'm confident that whatever is going of behind closed doors will be resolved and we will get FF back to his best and all the people slating him on here will quickly be back on the bandwagon.

Referencing your point about the 7 strikers. 

I believe this this should therefore ensure the striker that start play out of their skins due to the competition. We are not seeing this with some of our strikers - yet they keep starting despite not scoring or showing any real threat.

I would much rather have FF upfront than the majority of our other strikers. Winnall has been impressing me recently.

36 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

1 -0 home win against villa

wonder who scored it

1-0 home win against cardiff

wonder who scored it

1-0 away win to Huddersfield

wonder who scored it

Presume it was Nando, but I would also look at the players who kept it at Nil......theres a team out there.

Therein seems the problem, would love to know what the rest of the squad think..Its either Carlos' fault or Forestieris

4 hours ago, just visiting said:

Somebody should of told Swansea, they didn't have a clue.

Don't believe all you read / hear off twitter mate.

It wasn't on Twitter. 

But likewise I don't think we should take your assessment as gospel either. Given that it is heavily biased against the guy....and you think 20m is a fair price for Chris Wood.

Edited by Bluesteel

He's been dropped. 

Fair enough.

We don't know the full scale of what's gone off.

I find it hard to belive that a player has been dropped for a bit of handbags and a scuffle. So suspect there is a lot more we don't know.

For a start these things happen every week at clubs.

The fact that the other person involved hadn't been dropped make it quite  clear that it's more than just catching someone with a late boot.

If the manager feels he's had to drop the player , so as to set an example to the other players or to keep their respect,  so be it. 

Carlos has faults. (Many of them tactical) but I don't think he should be hung out to dry for this one when no one has the full story. 

As for the player. 

I'd like him to stay. He's a real talent.  Whether by accident or design through there seems to permanently be a story filling the airwaves, back pages and forums. And sadly,  too many times for my liking, its getting less and less related to excellent on pitch performance. 

One has to wonder what affect all of these episodes have on the other members of the squad. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

He's been dropped. 

Fair enough.

We don't know the full scale of what's gone off.

I find it hard to belive that a player has been dropped for a bit of handbags and a scuffle. So suspect there is a lot more we don't know.

For a start these things happen every week at clubs.

The fact that the other person involved hadn't been dropped make it quite  clear that it's more than just catching someone with a late boot.

If the manager feels he's had to drop the player , so as to set an example to the other players or to keep their respect,  so be it. 

Carlos has faults. (Many of them tactical) but I don't think he should be hung out to dry for this one when no one has the full story. 

As for the player. 

I'd like him to stay. He's a real talent.  Whether by accident or design through there seems to permanently be a story filling the airwaves, back pages and forums. And sadly,  too many times for my liking, its getting less and less related to excellent on pitch performance. 

One has to wonder what affect all of these episodes have on the other members of the squad. 

What if he's not been dropped for anything at all, and it's just another bizarre Carlos tactical decision ?

lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

What if he's not been dropped for anything at all, and it's just another bizarre Carlos tactical decision ?

lol

Well the club saying it was for disciplinary reasons when asked by the press , so I'll have to take their word for it , until such time as anything else is released. 

If it's all a cover up for Carlos to drop him.... (which sounds far fetched to me, . If a manager just dropped a player because he wanted to I like to think he'd say "He's not in the squad, because I haven't picked him in the squad. End of "  but in an age where some people think the Earth is flat there will be a few who think it a conspiracy ). ..then it seems an OTT way to do it. 

2 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

More facts than a Rafa Benitez interview in that! Wonder if he will have the last say on this issue.