Keep Sam at RB

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

He was all over the place defensively , maybe if he had a run there me maybe ok but I wouldn't want him there . 

I think coming into the game as sub when he isn't used to it will be the reason he looked shaky to begin with.

If he trained in that position and played there a few games, we would have an excellent right back.

If we play like we did on Tuesday, (i.e. Wing backs providing the width), absolutely not. It suits nothing about Hutchinson's game. And more importantly, suits Hunt's game perfectly. 

However, if we change to a system where we ask the wingers to provide the width, and the full backs to just defend (or at the most, support), then imo he'd be a better option than Hunt, as he's a better defender. 

As it is, I can't see that happening, so he'll continue to be an option in the middle. 

Edited by frastheowl

Just now, frastheowl said:

If we play like we did on Tuesday, (i.e. Wing backs providing the width), absolutely not. It suits nothing about Hutchinson's game. 

However, if we change to a system where we ask the wingers to provide the width, and the full backs to just defend (or at the most, support), then imo he'd be a better option than Hunt, as he's a better defender. 

As it is, I can't see that happening, so he'll continue to be an option in the middle. 

Scored a goal though. And looked pretty composed doing it running in from the right.

How often do hunt or Palmer score?

33 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

He would shine in that position.

Prem standard easy.

I see it as his best position. Hope Carlos lets him have few games there to see.

Don't agree, we have to remember that Sam is playing season at a time because of his knees. 

Right back is a more demanding position than CB or DCM.

Against a pacey left winger he will last 10 minutes, he will either break or get sent off.

Plus CC wants his fullbacks to get past his winger, I am sure Hutch is one of the fittest at the club when running in a straight line but don't think he will manage to get up and down like Jack does.