Keep Sam at RB

Big no from me he looked awkward and unconvincing there. I am his biggest fan love him in hold midfield role at Preston it was clear he was not fit. When at CB we lose the grit in midfield from him. Please do not play him at RB he just does not look natural there 

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Might not be popular but when he's fit id be tempted to stick Lee there. That was his original position and he'll run all day and night. 

It was but when he is fit for me first name on team sheet in the middle of the park. 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

He would shine in that position.

Prem standard easy.

I see it as his best position. Hope Carlos lets him have few games there to see.

In the 85 appearances he's made for us, i'm interested to why you think his best position is RB? With the grand total of a 20 minute display in that position vs a league 2 opposition as the only evidence?

Our style of play depends massively on our fullbacks getting forward and being able to take people on & get balls into the box, Hunt is far better at that than Hutchinson. 

This thread is almost as bad as the ones that want Kieran Lee back to RB.

25 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Might not be popular but when he's fit id be tempted to stick Lee there. That was his original position and he'll run all day and night. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a no from me. 

It's a good point, plus it's both there natural position, they have been adapted and adapted very well to playing in other areas.

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Scored a goal though. And looked pretty composed doing it running in from the right.

How often do hunt or Palmer score?

Perhaps not the main responsibility of a right sided defender, but fair point nonetheless - his goal was all about real ambition of getting forward and scoring.

Reason I say Lee at right back is if everyone's fit and you play the diamond, bannan will start, then you will have hutch playing Jones role. Then you have Wallace and FF making up the 4. Do you do drop Wallace ?? I agree Lee needs to be included and right wing back seems the best place without removing other vital players.

5 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Reason I say Lee at right back is if everyone's fit and you play the diamond, bannan will start, then you will have hutch playing Jones role. Then you have Wallace and FF making up the 4. Do you do drop Wallace ?? I agree Lee needs to be included and right wing back seems the best place without removing other vital players.

That assumes that we'll play that formation.

He's said all sorts of things.

4 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The odd thing is. You could still include Lee in this system quite comfortably.

I think that you could play Wallace or Abdi  in the hole and Fernando up front in this system....as  (though I don't like Fernando as a centre forward.)....the strikers find space out wide with the midfield tucked in . They become the natural out ball for the fullbacks. 

<---------------- Fernando       Hooper----------------->

Wallace/Abdi

Bannan                       Lee

Hutchinson

Reach          Loovens          Lees        Hunt

Westwood

Until we land that 4th CB Sam shouldn't be playing. 

If we finish this window without a buy, Sam and Glenn should be used very carefully and never play the same game. If both get injured it's nothing short of a disaster.