Through balls and crosses

Guest Deleted member

Our strikeforce must be the envy of many teams, opposition players, fans and managers. And yet we persist with negative defensive football, starving them of service and completely nullifying them. Don't be so kind to the opposites, unleash our strikeforce by supplying them. Take the shackles off and return to the exciting attacking football of your first season Carlos, otherwise it will be Carlos' downfall.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

And Grandad, it's not just Rhodes. Im sure there are plenty of highlights for Winnall and Hooper who give them some service they will score. 

The game against Norwich is a prime example, twice yes Bannan got forward whipped in 2 great balls and Rhodes fired them in. Why can't we do this more often?! I know not every single cross Rhodes will score from but if you give him roger all service he ain't got a chance at all. 

Guest Deleted member

He doesn't make his own goals, but boy can he put away chances 

Why on earth aren't we making crosses? So many times yesterday we got to the byline then tried to take it into the box, only to be tackled

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Why on earth aren't we making crosses? So many times yesterday we got to the byline then tried to take it into the box, only to be tackled

Can't argue with any of that, time to allow the players to express their obvious talents.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I don't know Grandad,  but for me the answer is midfield, it doesn't provide the security that our wing play needs. It's hurried, if there's any build up at all. Nothing punctuates our attack. We can retain the ball OK no bother and sit deep (fine if other teams are imposing or high up).

Cb to run with the ball, a CM to orchestrate please. Rhodes, Hooper and Co would thrive.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

In the warm up yesterday Hunt was crossing the ball for Rhodes, FF and a couple of others, I said to my mate that I hoped it was a sign and we were going to play with width, hit the line and fizz some decent crosses in, we didn't, our wing play was shocking, on one side Hunt threatened to overlap a couple of times and on the left it was just as unproductive!

Was so pleased I got in early to witness that tbh

It was the most positive we looked all afternoon

15 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Our strikeforce must be the envy of many teams, opposition players, fans and managers. And yet we persist with negative defensive football, starving them of service and completely nullifying them. Don't be so kind to the opposites, unleash our strikeforce by supplying them. Take the shackles off and return to the exciting attacking football of your first season Carlos, otherwise it will be Carlos' downfall.

spot on

We dont put crosses in because Reach cannot cross or put a through ball in or go round his man to make the final pass.

similar Pudil, Hunt most of the time and Boyd for his hour yesterday.

Put the players on the field that can deliver service and put them in positions to do so.

If Bannan is playing then it has to be in a more advanced role as Lee would normally occupy.

Yesterday it was like playing with 4 centre halves

I like you but put the meat on the fire Carlos before someone else is doing the cooking

Who will cross the ball ? Are full backs are supposed tobprovide width, and not one of them can cross the ball.

We could have Rhodes, Hirst or Ronaldo upfront. Neither would score considering what a poor service our strikers are getting.