SAG and SYP own goal?

12 minutes ago, cactus said:

My only knowledge is how the safety regulations work.

I'm not part of SAG , but all the minutes & agendas of their meetings are public documents that you can request from the council. They even publish some of them online, but good luck to actually finding them!

With respect to why the club goes along with the recommendations, they either agree with them or don't potentially want to be personally liable if anything goes wrong (see Graham Mackrell's summons over 1989).

I belive the capacity of the lepps (upper & lower)at this time is around 4,500, it is up to the visiting club to request that amount if they want it, but the club & SYP can restrict it if they feel it necessary.

Fair enough & thanks. Which leads me to believe the minutes etc aren't readily available for a reason. Also, why would the recommendations change from one visiting club to another? It's the same building, that holds 4000 plus from Villa, 11 months ago, how or why does it change in either it's risk or structure for another team? I know money isn't everything but DC is a shrewd bloke & he must know there's thousands of lost revenue going west here, or not, as the case may be!

3 hours ago, Internationowl said:

No, none. I just sit in my spaceship judging stadia via holographic images. I assumed they would all be super futuristic and flawless by now. Thanks for trying to patronise me to show me the light, I feel much better for it. So there are more out there that are out dated you say? That makes Hillsborough totally acceptable then, I retract my criticism. Cheers.

I apologise if I gave you the impression that I was trying to patronise you. It certainly wasn't my intention.

6 hours ago, mike84 said:

there job is to make sure that trouble at football stadia in South Yorkshire kept to a minimum.

calling people sad little jobsworths and encouraging others to harass them on their personal social media pages is not on in my opinion.

unfortunatly we play in a stadium that has a terrible history attached to it.  can you imagine the fall out if anything happened or went wrong again, even something relatively minor.

nothing will change until the West stand, which isn't fit for purpose is replaced and significant money is spent on the north concourse to prevent overcrowding issues that have been identified before.

It's not SAGs fault that hillsborough hasnt seen any investment in the facilities since 1995/6.  the stadium is the issue,  not the people who's job it is to make sure it's safe for fans to attend.

So wtf was wrong with the same stands a few seasons ago when we were using most of our capacity then?

All of a sudden Hillsborough is unsafe what utter boll.ox !

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

Pains me to say it.But we have got to move from Hillsborough. 

Why because SAG want us to ? 

Absolutely rubbish , they need sorting and the ground needs modernising 

We got to move.build it on the old parkwood springs.loads of land .but the only thing is can it be built on yet?.it a an old tip and will have methane  gas under it?.  I don't see no gas burners there. Under old tips  I saw round sheffield  use to have a burner that just set off when required  and burnt all the under ground gas

Edited by OxOwl

1 minute ago, steveger said:

Ibrox still needs  some work doing on it though as there's areas that are in disrepair after the couple of years of neglect from Charles Green and his spivs and crims, mostly cosmetic 

Always found it ironic that the two men that were systematic in Rangers decline were called Green and White....

7 hours ago, Internationowl said:

should this have been possible at a modern day football stadium? regardless of how drunk or mentally alert the guy was. Was this the fault of the police? What if the guy broke his neck?

That could happen at lots of grounds

7 hours ago, Internationowl said:

Yes. Hillsborough is a very dated stadium. I love it on days like Brighton, Arsenal etc. when it's near to capacity, but jeez.. Leppings Lane is a joke. My point is that the stadium is 20-30 years out of date and sometimes has to be treated as such by people whose job it is to ensure safety. 

The people you quote cover their backsides by simply restricting numbers. That takes no skill, the skill would be in keeping the place safe while letting the crowds in. Leppings Lane needs redeveloping there's no doubt about that but that's because it's old and the facilities are rubbish not because it is dangerous. 

20 minutes ago, steveger said:

Nope, I think we should move due to the fact that modern day football stadia has the potential to be a 7 days a week money making machine for our club, at our present location in Hillsborough that wont happen....the Meadowhall area would be ideal for this purpose, land, willpower and money permitting, just my opinion that's all :rolleyes:

This, I really don't want us to move because, being older ish myself I detest most of the souless Ikea stadiums most clubs have these days, and well, I truly love Hillsbrough, but outside of match days it makes f*ck all. Now look at say Boltons ground, it makes money every day of the week, allk through the year, between the office space, the hotel which still makes a fair amount of money even though they were in league one and well in the sh*t, the functions and stuff they hold, plus the fact its built on a complex that is easily accesible with plenty of parking and various amounts of shops, food outlets, cinema, bowling etc etc,

I hazard a guess Bolton would be even more f*cked if they had stayed at Burnden park, and not just coz it only had 3 sides lol

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

This, I really don't want us to move because, being older ish myself I detest most of the souless Ikea stadiums most clubs have these days, and well, I truly love Hillsbrough, but outside of match days it makes f*ck all. Now look at say Boltons ground, it makes money every day of the week, allk through the year, between the office space, the hotel which still makes a fair amount of money even though they were in league one and well in the sh*t, the functions and stuff they hold, plus the fact its built on a complex that is easily accesible with plenty of parking and various amounts of shops, food outlets, cinema, bowling etc etc,

I hazard a guess Bolton would be even more f*cked if they had stayed at Burnden park, and not just coz it only had 3 sides lol

3 1/2 sides....see you in Marks N Spencer at Middlebrook then on Friday for dine for £10  Mark?

20 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

3 1/2 sides....see you in Marks N Spencer at Middlebrook then on Friday for dine for £10  Mark?

Ahh come on the Normid side was hardly a half, it was about an 8th for away fans lol

and yeah fine, I still need to see Spiderman Homecoming anyway:ph34r:

10 hours ago, Internationowl said:

should this have been possible at a modern day football stadium? regardless of how drunk or mentally alert the guy was. Was this the fault of the police? What if the guy broke his neck?

Is that camera on a Yo-Yo ? 

23 hours ago, RichieB said:

Every stand apart from the kop has some sort of restriction put on it if I'm not wrong? 

You are wrong - the restricted view seats on The Kop are no longer sold, so when we are 'sold out' there's 2 big empty blue patches...

22 hours ago, Kevan said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why the club has not insisted on a face to face meeting with the key members of SAG (i.e. representatives, of the police, ambulance, fire brigade and the Council). That way they could make them explain and attempt to justify their decisions.  If the club considered that the decisions were not justified after receiving an explanation, I'm sure there would be legal remedies open to them that they could pursue.

There is definitely an issue here about restraint of trade, - not to mention the idiocy of creating a situation where there will be Rangers fans in all parts of the stadium for this friendly.  I fully expect that the game will pass off peacefully as there is no antagonism between Wednesday and Rangers fans, but nevertheless, any trouble will certainly be the responsibility of SAG.

You are aware that the SAG meeting are held at Hillsborough aren't you ? Pretty sure the club fully understands the reasons given .

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Bizarrely it sounds like sections Q1,P and P1 have been left empty at the Kop end of the North Stand, for segregation ? way, way OTT by SAG and SYP if this is true and tango corner is not available either by the looks of things

Capacity isn't reduced on segregation alone .