SAG and SYP own goal?

After our last friendly with Rangers I have been looking forward to Sunday's game since it was confirmed.

I had no idea how fanatical, vocal and sustained their support was going to be four years ago so when it was announced that they were to be given the North Stand i thought this was a great move by the club and would have ensured a 20-25 thousand crowd, not bad for a friendly.

Most of the Wednesday fans I know from the Anston and Dinnington areas are going more for the buzz, day out and banter with the Bears as much as for a single friendly game against a traditionally big side before the season kicks off for real a week on Saturday.

What I'm now hearing is that Rangers are not to be allowed any more tickets for the North after selling their initial allocation?

What the effing hell is going on with the powers that be?

It's really starting to pissss me off and I'm a placid bloke. 

I can't forget last season's 30,000 sell out against Wolves or the the restricted 32,000 we were allowed to sell for our play off against Huddersfield.

Who the hell do SAG or the Police think they are telling us we can't sell the tickets we want to and denying us revenue!!

They have no excuse or valid reason this time to explain why they have only allowed Rangers 4 or 6 thousand tickets in the North or however many they have allowed.

None of this makes sense.

Last time they had 7,500 in the Lepp upper and lower and the atmosphere was brilliant before, during and after the game, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there was one single arrest?

So why have they allowed them to be relocated from a stand where they could I guess use an excuse there are safety issues to a stand with a near 10,000 capacity and yet allow less tickets to be sold?

It does not make sense whatsoever! My season ticket is in the North which is a safe stand and I was happy to have to buy one in the Kop or South to accomodate our friends from Scotland.

What they have potentially done here (whoever is responsible) is cause a situation where hundreds of Rangers fans will be in our end and if anything happens what will the Police have to say then?

If I was Chansiri I would call the kops or sags bluff and tell them they can all have the Leppings lane after all to allow 7,500 to attend again.

Let's see what excuse the two hats from the authorities come up with then.

One annoyed Wednesdayite!!

(And if they have indeed been given 9,500 without my knowledge I will enjoy the egg on my face)

Who are these SAG people, individually? Someone on here tends to know when something needs finding out. Name them & shame them. Ask them directly by their own FB, Tw@tter & email accounts what their reasons are for idiotic rules like this.

Self important stuffed shirts like these will no doubt have all the relevant social media profiles. Usually sad little jobsworths totally out of touch with the real world. Where & when do they meet? Go & lobby a meeting.

The days of writing a stiff letter are over. Get in their faces. I can't believe the club are happy with the rulings. Even if they're not, it's been going on long enough to conclude the club have no say anymore. Fkng ridiculous situation.

11 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

After our last friendly with Rangers I have been looking forward to Sunday's game since it was confirmed.

I had no idea how fanatical, vocal and sustained their support was going to be four years ago so when it was announced that they were to be given the North Stand i thought this was a great move by the club and would have ensured a 20-25 thousand crowd, not bad for a friendly.

Most of the Wednesday fans I know from the Anston and Dinnington areas are going more for the buzz, day out and banter with the Bears as much as for a single friendly game against a traditionally big side before the season kicks off for real a week on Saturday.

What I'm now hearing is that Rangers are not to be allowed any more tickets for the North after selling their initial allocation?

What the effing hell is going on with the powers that be?

It's really starting to pissss me off and I'm a placid bloke. 

I can't forget last season's 30,000 sell out against Wolves or the the restricted 32,000 we were allowed to sell for our play off against Huddersfield.

Who the hell do SAG or the Police think they are telling us we can't sell the tickets we want to and denying us revenue!!

They have no excuse or valid reason this time to explain why they have only allowed Rangers 4 or 6 thousand tickets in the North or however many they have allowed.

None of this makes sense.

Last time they had 7,500 in the Lepp upper and lower and the atmosphere was brilliant before, during and after the game, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there was one single arrest?

So why have they allowed them to be relocated from a stand where they could I guess use an excuse there are safety issues to a stand with a near 10,000 capacity and yet allow less tickets to be sold?

It does not make sense whatsoever! My season ticket is in the North which is a safe stand and I was happy to have to buy one in the Kop or South to accomodate our friends from Scotland.

What they have potentially done here (whoever is responsible) is cause a situation where hundreds of Rangers fans will be in our end and if anything happens what will the Police have to say then?

If I was Chansiri I would call the kops or sags bluff and tell them they can all have the Leppings lane after all to allow 7,500 to attend again.

Let's see what excuse the two hats from the authorities come up with then.

One annoyed Wednesdayite!!

(And if they have indeed been given 9,500 without my knowledge I will enjoy the egg on my face)

I wonder what the legal angle is to sue SAG/ SYP For restrictions of practice/ business income? 

In the event of a FFP Audit it would be interesting to get observations from a legal perspective after all this fixture would probably sell out if restrictions weren't in place?  

Most likely a very unpopular view but we need to leave Hillsborough. There I said it. 

Just knocking down the away end and rebuilding isnt going to cut it imo, they will still restrict us and it will still be the area where the disaster happened. Its still the ground where the disaster happened and were still being punished for it today. Since the findings have come out the police and SAG are shiit scared of allowing a real sell out at Hillsborough, the Wycombe attendance will never happen again at Hillsborough. To them the word Hillsborough is a dirty word.

Every stand apart from the kop has some sort of restriction put on it if I'm not wrong? 

A brand new state of the art, fit for purpose built stadium is the only way we will be able to sell every seat in the house and be treated like every other club. 

2 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

Isn't it customary to have some facts before going on a rant? 

It certainly is and there are many unhappy fans on the Rangers forum that they aren't to be allowed anymore.

The 30,000 'sell out' crowds last season are also fact enough.

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Most likely a very unpopular view but we need to leave Hillsborough. There I said it. 

Just knocking down the away end and rebuilding isnt going to cut it imo, they will still restrict us and it will still be the area where the disaster happened. Its still the ground where the disaster happened and were still being punished for it today. Since the findings have come out the police and SAG are shiit scared of allowing a real sell out at Hillsborough, the Wycombe attendance will never happen again at Hillsborough. To them the word Hillsborough is a dirty word.

Every stand apart from the kop has some sort of restriction put on it if I'm not wrong? 

A brand new state of the art, fit for purpose built stadium is the only way we will be able to sell every seat in the house and be treated like every other club. 

Missed our opportunity with the land across the road from Penistone Road  (mentioned in a thread yesterday)

Guest Ash76

It can only be they want them entering via LL only and we therefore don't have the turnstiles to cope with more than 6k.

If so I'd tell them we're opening the West as well now

14 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Who are these SAG people, individually? Someone on here tends to know when something needs finding out. Name them & shame them. Ask them directly by their own FB, Tw@tter & email accounts what their reasons are for idiotic rules like this.

Self important stuffed shirts like these will no doubt have all the relevant social media profiles. Usually sad little jobsworths totally out of touch with the real world. Where & when do they meet? Go & lobby a meeting.

The days of writing a stiff letter are over. Get in their faces. I can't believe the club are happy with the rulings. Even if they're not, it's been going on long enough to conclude the club have no say anymore. Fkng ridiculous situation.

there job is to make sure that trouble at football stadia in South Yorkshire kept to a minimum.

calling people sad little jobsworths and encouraging others to harass them on their personal social media pages is not on in my opinion.

unfortunatly we play in a stadium that has a terrible history attached to it.  can you imagine the fall out if anything happened or went wrong again, even something relatively minor.

nothing will change until the West stand, which isn't fit for purpose is replaced and significant money is spent on the north concourse to prevent overcrowding issues that have been identified before.

It's not SAGs fault that hillsborough hasnt seen any investment in the facilities since 1995/6.  the stadium is the issue,  not the people who's job it is to make sure it's safe for fans to attend.

Edited by mike84

27 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

???

At least wait until you know how many tickets are available before you complain about it! Cost of policing, stewards etc. could also be a factor in limiting available seats? And who cares if they get 4,000 or 15,000 anyway? keep your knickers on.. There's bigger things to divert your energy at in this world.

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

It can only be they want them entering via LL only and we therefore don't have the turnstiles to cope with more than 6k.

If so I'd tell them we're opening the West as well now

The very last thing SYP need to do is create an overcrowding/crushing situation at that end of the ground.

4 minutes ago, mike84 said:

there job is to make sure that trouble at football stadia in South Yorkshire.

calling people sad little jobsworths and encouraging others to harass them on their personal social media pages is not on in my opinion.

unfortunatly we play in a stadium that has a terrible history attached to it.  can you imagine the fall out if anything happened or went wrong again, even something relatively minor.

nothing will change until the West stand, which isn't fit for purpose is replaced and significant money is spent on the north concourse to prevent overcrowding issues that have been identified before.

It's not SAGs fault that hillsborough hasnt seen any investment in the facilities since 1995/6.  the stadium is the issue,  not the people who's job it is to make sure it's safe for fans to attend.

I meant this

lol

Just now, mike84 said:

there job is to make sure that trouble at football stadia in South Yorkshire.

I've defended SAG/SYP on here before regarding restrictions in North & West Stands but in this scenario nobody can defend them as even with restrictions plus maybe end block of North near Kop being closed then  they should have circa 7-7.5k in North then as sold out we should be opening top of West Stand again with restrictions say additional 3k after this due to the exemplary behaviour of there fans at Hillsborough a few years ago  we can accommodate another 1.5k in Lower West so that's approx 11k Gers fans at Hillsborough.

They cant be any valid reasons for this apart from SYP cant be arsed policing it or SAG treat us different to any other club in the UK.

Absolute Shambles