Hutton and mulgrew

11 minutes ago, Shezza said:

We were never going to sign two top class Championship center backs. Mulgrew will provide very good cover. 

Yeah, just need to go all out for one top class centre back for this level to partner Lees or Loovens. Whilst versatile players like Mulgrew and Hutchinson would be beneficial squad players to have and very good cover for various positions.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we are using full backs to provide the width, a lot of teams do that, then why do we need wingers? What I mean is, why use wingers as auxiliary midfielders, when we could use the real thing 

If he is using more of a 4231 or even a 433 yesterday then the width will come from full backs more than the midfield or forwards. I think the out and out winger (however much we love them) may be rare  these days. 

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

I know hunt is fashionable to slag off on here but I'm going to go against the grain and go with what I've seen. Hunt is the right age and getting better. Hutton is overrated and getting worse , we don't need to slow our team down even further . 

Is Hutton slow these days then? Used to be the fastest player in the Prem.

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, but if that is the case, do we really need two thirty something reserve centre backs

What's the alternative? 2 young untried, untested CB's on loan? I know what I prefer. You don't half post some rubbish just to be Harry Opposite sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

What's the alternative? 2 young untried, untested CB's on loan? I know what I prefer. You don't half post some rubbish just to be Harry Opposite sometimes.

Why do people always have to mean they want a polar opposite? Just because I suggest we shouldn't really have two thirty something reserve centre backs, doesn't mean the alternative has to be two on loan novices It's hardly the norm that your back up players are in their30s is it? One maybe, then you'd look to have someone a little younger

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why do people always have to mean they want a polar opposite? Just because I suggest we shouldn't really have two thirty something reserve centre backs, doesn't mean the alternative has to be two on loan novices It's hardly the norm that your back up players are in their30s is it? One maybe, then you'd look to have someone a little younger

Says who? I'd much rather have 2 "thirty something" centre halves with Championship experience ready to step straight in. Surely that is common sense? 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Not true, I thought Forestieri was a good signing, and so it proved

1 player. 

You thought 1 player would turn out to be good. 

You've moaned about pretty much every single signing since and before. 

1 minute ago, DeeeeeJ said:

Hutton no

Mulgrew - Wouldn't mind.

My thoughts. 

Mulgrew would be a decent signing. He's got good experience and can play pretty much across the backfour, plus in midfield. 

Hutton is garbage. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

1 player. 

You thought 1 player would turn out to be good. 

You've moaned about pretty much every single signing since and before. 

No, most of the good ones I supported The not so good ones, I was a bit meh about, and I never wanted Gary Taylor-Fletcher

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If we are using full backs to provide the width, a lot of teams do that, then why do we need wingers? What I mean is, why use wingers as auxiliary midfielders, when we could use the real thing 

McManaman, Buckley are wingers and were used. I would say we played more with wide midfielders. 

Just looking up Mulgrew on Wikipedia

"In December 2010, Mulgrew and girlfriend Alana were questioned by Strathclyde Policeafter businesswoman Michelle Mone alerted them when she saw Mulgrew's child left alone in a car in freezing temperatures.[58] The couple were charged with child neglect,[59] although charges were later dropped due to a lack of evidence.[60]"

:wacko: