22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The lad has got quality , that isnt in question, but its sad he seems happy to waste his best years sitting on his arse picking up good money. 

i doubt it's sad for him ....like you say he seems happy to do it and who can blame him .no one in there right mind would pack in a job with a guaranteed 15-20k a week for the next 12 months .......he must know he'll never get another contract like what he's on here and like all footballers he'll be a long time retired .it's a no brainer

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i doubt it's sad for him ....like you say he seems happy to do it and who can blame him .no one in there right mind would pack in a job with a guaranteed 15-20k a week for the next 12 months .......he must know he'll never get another contract like what he's on here and like all footballers he'll be a long time retired .it's a no brainer

But...if he went on loan, bust a gut and put himself in the shop window he may end up with a bigger contract at the end of it instead. Or play for halifax or darlington instead

On 22/06/2017 at 10:05, S36 OWL said:

And finding a club that wants a player who hasnt played for over a year aint going to be easy. 

Ched didn't find it to difficult.  WTF:

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

But...if he went on loan, bust a gut and put himself in the shop window he may end up with a bigger contract at the end of it instead. Or play for halifax or darlington instead

maybe no club who wants him on loan can afford his wages .....it's very easy to say he should go on loan but in reality it's not so easy to arrange ., someones got to want him , someones got to match his money , depending who wants him he could end up living in a hotel for 6 months while his wife and kids(if he has any) are 150 miles away .....i'm sure he'd love to be playing every week but if it's going to affect A his wages  & B his family life then you cant really blame him for staying here .

13 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Ched didn't find it to difficult.  WTF:

and neither will mcgugan ....once he's available for free they'll be a queue of clubs who'll be after him , his wages will drop but I doubt that will concern him too much .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

maybe no club who wants him on loan can afford his wages .....it's very easy to say he should go on loan but in reality it's not so easy to arrange ., someones got to want him , someones got to match his money , depending who wants him he could end up living in a hotel for 6 months while his wife and kids(if he has any) are 150 miles away .....i'm sure he'd love to be playing every week but if it's going to affect A his wages  & B his family life then you cant really blame him for staying here .

testicles in essence. Its a piece of wee wee. If he wants to play football he can. The rest is just nonsense

On 22/06/2017 at 13:16, steveger said:

That's just it though, the club have never really mentioned anything in his actual name.....people  like to jump to their own little conclusions

Was rumours on here that he had eaten all of Andy's pies and was a porker... pics proved otherwise...

He hardly looks slim for a pro footballer.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, billyblack said:

testicles in essence. Its a piece of wee wee. If he wants to play football he can. The rest is just nonsense

Obviously said by a single guy!  Family life is FAR more important than playing football.  End of.

8 hours ago, hatcheeks said:

I had a chat with him recently at Leeds brad airport. He said he will never play for Wednesday again. I asked why and he just said it's a long story. He's also grown a big belly.

I'd hazard a guess if he doesn't tell the story at some point, he won't play at Champ level again as no team will go near him.    I'd wager he quits football completely after seeing out his current contract if he's that disillusioned.

I cant believe how many sour grapes there are regarding a player who was described as a hero, our one creative genius and our most talented player by far, whose only crime has been to tell CC that he was not the best player to play the number 10 role. Despite his goal contributions excellent free kicks & penalties and all round attacking midfield nuisance CC dropped him in favour of players who did less for the team and played far too many games without any end product.

McGugan pestered coaching staff to let him play in the U23s and has kept himself fit, which suggests he wants games and is capable of doing himself justice. Good luck to him I say. I think we have missed that type of player too often recently.

Bye Lewis and good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I cant believe how many sour grapes there are regarding a player who was described as a hero, our one creative genius and our most talented player by far, whose only crime has been to tell CC that he was not the best player to play the number 10 role. Despite his goal contributions excellent free kicks & penalties and all round attacking midfield nuisance CC dropped him in favour of players who did less for the team and played far too many games without any end product.

McGugan pestered coaching staff to let him play in the U23s and has kept himself fit, which suggests he wants games and is capable of doing himself justice. Good luck to him I say. I think we have missed that type of player too often recently.

Bye Lewis and good luck! 

Did this post come to you in a dream?

31 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Bye Lewis and good luck! 

Perhaps the multi-millionaire isn't leaving just yet.

9 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Bye Lewis and good luck! 

He was blowing out of his arse after 60 mins and had no impact on the game with young players who weren't supposed to hold a candle to him in terms of ability