If the rumour of 17/18 k a week are true he is here for the next year.

Lets look at it he hasn't played in 2 years apart from the odd under 23 game in which from what I was told was a waist of a shirt. He has a questionable attitude and has turned down moves.  

When his contract is up he will get a move I'm sure but it will probably be looking at 3/4K a week. While he's pulling in over 5 times that he's not going anywheee. 

Guest Ash76

I can't believe that people still think he has something to offer us.

Whats more I can't believe that people seriously think other clubs would be prepared to pay him 15 - 20k a week.

Was always going to end this way

4 hours ago, steveger said:

Again we know nothing about the circumstances surrounding McGugan's demise and continued exclusion apart from knitting circle gossip made up on this site....

Oooooo coooool. I didn't know we had a knitting circle. lol 

In hindsight McGugan was a bizarre signing, understandable given his loan spell and the fan pressure to sign him up, but don't think he was Carlos choice and has been born out in his lack of playing time. Had Carlos been in post earlier, I do not think we would have signed him.

he is on 17-18k if he goes elsewhere he might get 9k a wk 9k x52 weeks  = £468000 so there is no way he going to lose that much money would you?  and figure 18 months ago would have been much bigger ,unless he goes on loan and they pay say 10k a wk to us surely that would be good deal for both ,he would still get his 18k a wk he would build his match fitness up and maybe earn a better deal in January if all goes well at new club.

38 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Yes he's being a nob by sticking to the terms of his contract shame on him eh

to right mate I'd be doing exactly the same .....he didn't force the club to sign him and just coz 1 year down the line they decide they don't want him is the clubs problem not his .

2 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Oooooo coooool. I didn't know we had a knitting circle. lol 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Might as well, the amount of needle between some on here.

:duntmatter:

Stop it,stop it.

You two have got me in stitches.:tango:

30 minutes ago, torryowl said:

to right mate I'd be doing exactly the same .....he didn't force the club to sign him and just coz 1 year down the line they decide they don't want him is the clubs problem not his .

Or to play devils advocate he could've thought I'll wee pipe it off an play and train  like a knob, have Saturdays off pocket me wages for a couple of years then move on. I don't know but what I do know is that fans from other clubs he'd played for warned us he was a lazy sod who might disappear. What they didn't say was it might be from the face of the club.

Edited by darra

31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Then when it comes to finding another club it may not be so easy