The 2017-18 Run In

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I think the whole season looks tough

I was quite happy with it - thinking it wasn't going to be so hard - until I saw the end of the season. Reboot. I am happy with the end of the season because we play better against tough teams.

There are no easy games in this league. This is the reality. No team is going to go through the season winning by 3 or 4 goals week in and week out. Be prepared for another season of tight defending and looking to get something on the break. Hopefully this season we will be better equipped in the attacking formation and strategy.

41 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

This is the run in:

17th March Leeds United Away

31st March Preston Home

2nd April Sunderland Away

7th April Fulham Home

10th April QPR Away

14th April Hull City Away

21st April Reading Home

28th April Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

6th May Norwich City Home

Not the easiest of run-ins.

We'll be promoted by this point! 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How do you know how the season will pan out? These might be all near bottom of league by then? In any case the only tough ones there are Leeds Sunderland and hull all away

Exactly, we don't know which teams might come to the fore It might all be irrelevent because we ourselves might be rubbish Nobody knows

30 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You could argue it's a tough start.

Our worst two away performances last season were Burton and Preston. Add in Fulham away and we might struggle to get off to a flyer unless we hit the ground running .

All the more reason to be wary of those fixtures and get something out of them - and be points up on last season already.

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

You could argue it's a tough start.

Our worst two away performances last season were Burton and Preston. Add in Fulham away and we might struggle to get off to a flyer unless we hit the ground running .

Yes we have a few physical encounters early on, hopefully we'll be better equipped to deal with the likes of Preston and Burton

It made chuckle this morning...

I support a team that, for the last 2 seasons, have been challenging at the top end of the league. I was scouring the fixtures earlier and was going 'ooo dont fancy them' 'that will be a tough one' 'not happy about playing them after them'. 

On the other side I hear United fans saying how poor this league is and that they've nothing to worry about WTF:

Bless them

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Best team to come to Hillsborough last season.

Good manager, good young players (if they can hold onto them). They'll be top 6 or very very close

Maybe, but you need strength in depth which sides like them don't have. Huddersfield did well not to have any significant injuries otherwise they would have been in the same bracket. And us the previous year to be fair.

Really excited now that the fixtures are out. 

A measure of how tough it will be can be seen in the first 10 fixtures against teams that were in the Championship last year.

Our results were:-

PNE 1-1

QPR 1-0

Fulham 1-1

Burton 1-3

Forest 2-1

Brentford 1-2

Cardiff 1-1

Brum 1-2

Leeds 0-2

Derby 0-2

We took the grand total of 9 points from those ten fixtures last season. 

Lets hope we are well prepared and have our A-Team in place on 5th August. Preston is a good test of where we are, and QPR at home proved tough the last two seasons.

Cant wait.

Edited by Holmowl

13 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

This is the run in:

17th March Leeds United Away

31st March Preston Home

2nd April Sunderland Away

7th April Fulham Home

10th April QPR Away

14th April Hull City Away

21st April Reading Home

28th April Wolverhampton Wanderers Away