Oliver Burke

7 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

What if they do? What changes? Still a very good player to have

if they do and they are friends, then he is more likely to belive them and take their advice if they turn round and suggest coming to us on loan., and a young lad joining a club already knowing and being friends with some players helps him acclimatise. Its not rocket science lol

Would be a ridiculous signing. 

One of those players who looks like he has a bit of everything. He's fast and can beat a man but at over 6ft he's also a big lad who can mix it up a bit. Good delivery and scores the odd goal..

A signing that would instantly give us so much of what we lacked last season. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Bale esque, which is why I think it might be wishful thinking.

Reach has similar physical attributes but needs to be more confident in taking players on.

Yeah I was thinking very similar. 

Bale-esque in that his ability to beat players and his pace belie his physical stature. Big, strong and rangey. 

Agree on Reach too. Burke is obviously the better player but if Reach starts to fullfill his potential then they'd give us similar attributes down both sides.

Must admit I'm excited by Reach and Burke on opposite sides. That starts to look a lot more like a promotion midfield even with just the one addition. 

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Yeah I was thinking very similar. 

Bale-esque in that his ability to beat players and his pace belie his physical stature. Big, strong and rangey. 

Agree on Reach too. Burke is obviously the better player but if Reach starts to fullfill his potential then they'd give us similar attributes down both sides.

Must admit I'm excited by Reach and Burke on opposite sides. That starts to look a lot more like a promotion midfield even with just the one addition. 

Agreed, if the snodgrass rumour is true too, then it shows we want a more robust physical winger. However, West Ham fans criticise his lack of tracking which under Carlos would see him benched.

Even Burke is quite raw and has a few Reach moments where he scuffs things but you can see why, as atheletes they have a big price tag. Burkes natural game seems to be attacking whilst I think Reach isn't quite sure what he wants to be.

As well as being able to play in either wing, Burke can also play behind the main striker (s). We could have the option of playing 4-4-2 with pacey wingers or reverting to 4-3-3, 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. More importantly, he will give us more dynamism and more of a threat going forward. Pace will make a big difference as well as more creativity and hopefully we will dominate games more. Even if we don't manage to loan him, it's a positive sign of intent that we're interested in players of Burke's quality and the right type of players to improve us. If we do get Burke it would be a coup and a good sign that we might make the top 2 next season. What a start to our player recruitment that would be! 

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Would be brilliant if we went in for a double swoop,  Burke and Hanley.  

At a rate like this, we will have the whole Scottish National team in our squad in no time. :laugh:

The double swoop I'm hoping for, more in blind optimism, but what would be a real sign of intent would be Burke and Osborn. Just imagine Forest's Ben Osborn orchestrating things from deep in midfield, whilst the likes of Burke and Forestieri run at the opposites, terrorising them with dynamic pace and skill. That would be mouth-watering and top 2 material.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

This has got me feeling very excited, really hope we can get this deal sorted. 

Don't get too excited.

We've only enquired and RB Lepzeig haven't said they want to loan him out.

Would love it to happen but long way to go yet.

2 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Leipzig will sign more players, I mean, they just signed Bruma who can play as a number 10 or down either wing, and he wont be the last, plus they might not even be in europe next year

Mate you seem confused Germany will still be in Europe next year.

It's us that's leaving.:columbo:

1 hour ago, lukestheman82 said:

Ill let Chansiri boink my wife if we got Burke.

Actually, maybe a better form of persuasion would be to say if Chansiri doesnt sign him ill make my wife boink him.

lol