Next season kit

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The picture has come from here

http://www.slaughtermediagroup.com/archives/portfolio/elev8-energy-drink

Which appears to be a portfolio of a graphic designer/web developer so is absolutely not a legitimate brand.

Other google searches show it to be some sort of energy supplement tablet... thing? 

It's the closest logo of anything posted so far though. Just don't know where that site got the instruction/inspiration from.

Finally the shirts have been announced and they are alright need to see them in person as I don't think the photo's really make them look great. One thing for me though is no mention of the third shirt that had the design finalized months ago are we now not having this?

1 minute ago, scottiec said:

Finally the shirts have been announced and they are alright need to see them in person as I don't think the photo's really make them look great. One thing for me though is no mention of the third shirt that had the design finalized months ago are we now not having this?

It's mentioned on the club site.

It's going to be released at Owls in the park.

Just now, SiJ said:

He's right though. 

I'm actually very patient about on the pitch matters. Got a bit bored at matches last year but wouldn't get rid of CC. Loved the season before and the gallant failure. Think DC has chucked enough money at it and deserves a slightly better balanced squad than we have but that's not his fault.

But you wouldn't notice I say all those things and no reason why you should tbf.

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

It's the closest logo of anything posted so far though. Just don't know where that site got the instruction/inspiration from.

Very true, so far you're closest :biggrin:

Ah well, I suppose a company has to start advertising somewhere, why not a football shirt? And what a company! Such a broad range of expertise... Both textile manufacturing and energy drinks...

22 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Only 12 more pages until it's the

150th

Maybe Chansiri is playing a naughty trick on owlstalk.

12 more pages of whinging and he'll release em.

ITK

Told you he was waiting for this thread to reach 150th

WOW and not in a good way.

To me, the home kit looks nothing like the 60's original its supposed to be honouring and therefore has absolutely no claim to be representative of any of our 150 years of history (i'm choosing to ignore the three buttons horlicks).

The away kit may look better in the flesh....but I suspect not.

The sponsor is largely irrelevant to me and I've never bought or not bought a kit on the basis of the manufacturer. I do however, despite my age (50+) like to buy a shirt each year, on the basis that its added some more into the clubs coffers. But I only started buying the home kits again when the stripes started appearing on the backs of the shirts  - so I'm never going to buy one with no stripes at all.

We've had some nice away kits over the years and I bought last year 3rd kit - so hopefully this years 3rd choice may allow me to part with some money, because lets be honest, thats why clubs produce repro shirts.

Why of why couldnt they just have copied a striped shirt from our history even if it was just for one year, would maybe have forgiven a 60's style one the year after...

Eurgh...they're horrible; I'll still buy them as I like to collect kits and support the club.

But it looks cheap, the design is poor (in my opinion) and it's out about 2 months late.

What a fiasco; I hope the big man is put to task over this at the steering group.

The home kit... well I guess it's what we were all expecting. I'm not going to buy one. Just received my Sheffield FC away shirt today and I'm pleasantly surprised so I will be wearing that.

But that away kit... it's blooming horrible. When I heard rumours of yellow and black I got excited but that thing.. it's a bad version of a hull shirt. And those pinstripe stripe things just look pants.

So by the looks of it the best kit might end up being one that a Wednesday fan designed.. does that surprise you. So many kit ideas banded about before now and that's what's given to us. 

Like I say the home kit was expected.. but that away kit.. F me.