Danny Williams

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd rather our number 1 target be a pacy wide man or a centre half, rather than ANOTHER central midfielder.

I'd imagine we'll be looking for all 3

Doesn't matter what order they come in, but we need at least one of each, 2 centre halves imo.

Get rid of Bannan, replace with Williams

Get rid of McManaman and Buckley, replace with Jota and another

Get rid of Sasso, replace with Hanley and another (lad at Bristol City?) 

5 signings, all of which we need. Sorted

48 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Already said I assess on more than goal records

Correct, but anything more than £3m is too much as is more than anything in wages of over 20k per week.

No I'm not in judging him on what I've seen of him in the last 18 months. To go back any further that isn't really fair 

That's a fair point but his was already going south before joining us.

i think he will struggle, I also think there's better value to be had out there.

i said the same about McGugan too. Think Jordan will find himself behind Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall next season.

Strikers have bad spells. Strikers are affected by the style of play. Strikers make bad moves. The move to Boro was a bad move, they didn't play a style that suits him and that's clearly knocked his confidence and he's going through a bad time.

The time to judge Rhodes for us is next season. He'll have had a pre-season with our team, had time to integrate into our style (if he can - he might not be able to), and hopefully he'll get the right kind of service to do what he does - scores goals. That is the time to make a judgement, and if he simply doesn't fit into how we play, then you have to ask why he was signed. You have to be pretty naive to judge a player without them being given a fair crack at the whip.

Carlos thought McGugan had the ability to do what Forestieri does, but McGugan didn't want to play that role. That's nowt to do with McGugan's ability, more like his attitude.

23 minutes ago, MOwl said:

:ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd rather our number 1 target be a pacy wide man or a centre half, rather than ANOTHER central midfielder.

Another CM? 

Think we're desperate for a young, fit and quick CM. 

Whether it be Williams, Irvine or even if it's a young loanee.

We've seen Abdi, Lee, Jones and Hutchinson show themselves to have limitations - can you guarantee a full season out of 1 of them?

Wallace, Reach and Semedo should never have been options in CM at any point of the season. 

Guest wilyfox

Would be awesome, that's why it won't happen. Rather than an athletic mid like Williams or Irvine, I bet we'd go for another technical player like Dorrans instead. That's how Carlos rolls. 

On 30/05/2017 at 14:03, MOwl said:

Agree in parts.... 

keep McManaman and play him right.

Dont get Hanley but Ayala would be good.