will carlos change his style.......

Guest bagelybear

9 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I hope part of conversation was "you promised attacking football what happened last season to it you can have job if you do it again" I hope in some way that was translated across to him lol surely something got said cause you could clearly see difference last season to season before. Also the fact we did it against Norwich and hammered them 5-1 shows we can still do it. But he changed it again a week later confusing but still true. Like been posted on here a happy medium would be good. I'm sure something had to be compromised and promised 

Classic case of seeing the score and assuming we were all out attacking 

We didn't play any more attacking against Norwich, just everything we hit went in and they were a defensive shambles 

Against Brentford both home and away we created enough chances to score 12 goals! We got a point from both games!!!

I'm pleased he's stayed. Not least of all because of the player disruption that leaving would have caused. We're not that far away, we're really not but the question that needs to be asked is have you got the testicles to go for it when it matters. Shoe horning your chosen ones has to be a thing of the past. We have to go out to win games and not set out not to lose them. 

I've gone past being upset then frustrated about last week. I'm just bloody annoyed we chucked it away because of our lack of bottle. 

The fans await your reaction Carlos!!!

9 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

No I don't see why he would change his style.  

I think we'll continue to be narrow and defensive minded.  

His last game in charge he brought Nuhiu on - who hasn't scored a league goal in over a year - over Winnall who's scored about 15 in that time. 

It'd be a stretch to suggest that he'll go from such a defensive mindset to being attacking and free flowing. 

It's what we want but it's unlikely to be what we get based on what we've seen this year.  

He changed it to this style...

He really has to. I've always been a fan and I'm pleased that he's staying but, his decision making has to change. Bringing Nuhiu on in that last game (who ran into the box organising people for defending the corner then promptly missed his defensive header) was quite possibly one of his worst. A good clear out of the deadwood and we go again. 

I assume we don't really need to change our style. We just need to start the season much better. Perform in the first third of the season like we did in the second and third then we'll be right up there. Did we lose the automatic promotion race before he settled on the style that people don't like? Although obviously it would be nice if we were more attacking.

Carlos wants attacking football, isn't that his style in his book? IMO we'll revert to a version that we had in the 1st season. He realised we were too easy to beat and changed it in order to progress, we still ran short so that idea as a whole will be binned. In post match TV interviews he's said we'd change for the next game to be more entertaining, we didn't really see much change tbh but over the next few months he's got the chance to change it.

We'll be reyt :manager:

Over a season I'm not sure it needs a huge overhaul. If you think back to the start of last season we dropped points because we had tried to shoehorn players in and we were unbalanced.

Toward the end of the season we started to get it right and if we can do that with fewer injuries over the course then we're in with a shout. Teams will still look to stifle us.

However, I think we need more pace and physicality for certain games because when teams close us down we struggle. It's just that plan B that we keep talking about and it has eluded us in key games.

I'd be very surprised if Carlos hasn't had discussions with DC regarding the money spent on purchasing attacking players and their relative ineffective use. I would also be shocked if Carlos didn't reflect on this himself given that's it's been highlighted by fans, journalists and pundits alike.Given that DC was unhappy that SG played too negatively and was sacked, I would have thought he was looking for assurances re next season, but we will just have to wait and see.

I think we will all just have to wait and see if he tries to change things pre season. Hopefully we do not have the same awful run of injuries next season. We could do with Abdi, Mattias, Hooper all being fit to compete right from the off.

All that needs to happen is finding a balance.

i think, in terms of teams approaches against us, it will be the same as last year. Teams will come to Hillsborough and sit in. Maybe even more so than last year. We're a big hitter in this division now. I think we could have let the shackles off a bit more last season. My praise for Carlos and my desire for him to stay doesn't cloud my vision. I dont think much needs to change. The best manager of all time is quoted as saying 'Attack wins you matches, defences wins you leagues'

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

All that needs to happen is finding a balance.

i think, in terms of teams approaches against us, it will be the same as last year. Teams will come to Hillsborough and sit in. Maybe even more so than last year. We're a big hitter in this division now. I think we could have let the shackles off a bit more last season. My praise for Carlos and my desire for him to stay doesn't cloud my vision. I dont think much needs to change. The best manager of all time is quoted as saying 'Attack wins you matches, defences wins you leagues'

Sir Alex Ferguson?