will carlos change his style.......

Guest bagelybear

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I suspect Winnall and Rhodes weren't his signings, hence his reluctance to use them. As for changing his style. Wells he's changed it before, but the temptation will be, to go again with the style we used this season. We moved up a couple of places, and that sort of improvement next season, would see us gain automatic promotion

And this is why he gets a lot of stick from a section of fans, CC has been given the tools to do a job and he refuses to either not use them or not use them in the correct way. Always goes to his default team of favourites and if this doesn't change we'll be having the same debate on here next may.

I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see beyond a very similar set up to this season.

What are the odds of this being our starting 11 next season? We all seem to know where we need to improve and change, I just hope carlos does too.

Westwood

Hunt Lees Loovens Reach

Wallace Lee Hutchinson Bannan

Hooper Rhodes

No one will complain or remember whatever style he plays if we get promotion.

We all want free flowing attractive football but it would be naive or arrogant to believe that you are going to beat every team playing that way.

It's horses for courses and a result driven business. Its results that managers are judged on not performances.

I think Carlos has to change his style now after 2 years of just missing out. 

I'd go 352 if I was Carlos with:

Westwood

Lees Hutchinson (New CB)

Hunt/(New RWB) Abdi Lee Bannan/(New CM) Reach/Pudil

Hooper Rhodes

Edited by Loughboro' Owl

16 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

No one will complain or remember whatever style he plays if we get promotion.

We all want free flowing attractive football but it would be naive or arrogant to believe that you are going to beat every team playing that way.

It's horses for courses and a result driven business. Its results that managers are judged on not performances.

That argument went down the toilet with 3 limp depressing play off displays. Not good results to be judged on.

He's a very brave man if he trys the same for a another season.

58 minutes ago, Loughboro' Owl said:

I think Carlos has to change his style now after 2 years of just missing out. 

I'd go 352 if I was Carlos with:

Westwood

Lees Hutchinson (New CB)

Hunt/(New RWB) Abdi Lee Bannan/(New CM) Reach/Pudil

Hooper Rhodes

HAS to be this!

I just hope Carlos can see it too

Has to and suspect that would have been discussed with DC.

Fine margins but a more attacking mindset, play 15 yards further up the pitch. Hypothetical, but add in players like Mooy, Cairney and Ince to our team, and easy to see how we could dominate possession,  force teams back and be more creative.

These three, a quality CB and another pacey wide player would see us capable of challenging for the top 2.

Edited by striker

42 minutes ago, striker said:

Has to and suspect that would have been discussed with DC.

Fine margins but a more attacking mindset, play 15 yards further up the pitch. Hypothetical, but add in players like Mooy, Cairney and Ince to our team, and easy to see how we could dominate possession,  force teams back and be more creative.

These three, a quality CB and another pacey wide player would see us capable of challenging for the top 2.

And Striker, a striker One with pace who can get behind and stop sides squeezing us

I hope he does change formation as I think it would get the best out of the players we have.  But, whatever formation we play, we need to sign a centre midfielder who has the quality of a Huddlestone, Mooy or Shelvey. 

Edited by York_Owl

Did he change his style?

Or just fail to get the same sort of perfomance out of a squad disrupted by injuries and made unbalanced by signings he didn't want.

As the saying goes. Someone on here will know.

39 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Did he change his style?

Or just fail to get the same sort of perfomance out of a squad disrupted by injuries and made unbalanced by signings he didn't want.

As the saying goes. Someone on here will know.

Well he did last season, but this season, maybe not. He did tweak a few things though, resulting in a more cautious approach