will carlos change his style.......

Guest bagelybear

Guest bagelybear

now we know that he is staying & after playoff misery for the last 2 seasons, do you think that Carlos has to change the style we play to  a more aggressive & attack minded to make sure we end up top 2?

No I don't see why he would change his style.  

I think we'll continue to be narrow and defensive minded.  

His last game in charge he brought Nuhiu on - who hasn't scored a league goal in over a year - over Winnall who's scored about 15 in that time. 

It'd be a stretch to suggest that he'll go from such a defensive mindset to being attacking and free flowing. 

It's what we want but it's unlikely to be what we get based on what we've seen this year.  

I don't think its a case of wanting to but more a case of needing to.

I firmly believe that a top 2 spot could be on the cards if we hit the ground running and in order to do that he needs to identify how he gets the best of players such as Abdi and Rhodes, to do this he needs to change his tactics.

I also believe a season of shoehorning players into the team won't wash with the fans or more importantly Mr Chansiri.

This is a big season for Carlos, he will either be a hero or an out of work under achiever at the end of it.

1 hour ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

His last game in charge he brought Nuhiu on - who hasn't scored a league goal in over a year - over Winnall who's scored about 15 in that time. 

It'd be a stretch to suggest that he'll go from such a defensive mindset to being attacking and free flowing. 

It's what we want but it's unlikely to be what we get based on what we've seen this year.  

I suspect Winnall and Rhodes weren't his signings, hence his reluctance to use them. As for changing his style. Wells he's changed it before, but the temptation will be, to go again with the style we used this season. We moved up a couple of places, and that sort of improvement next season, would see us gain automatic promotion

1 hour ago, bagelybear said:

now we know that he is staying & after playoff misery for the last 2 seasons, do you think that Carlos has to change the style we play to  a more aggressive & attack minded to make sure we end up top 2?

Doubt it. We need wingers to play to JR strength, a central midfielder and a defender. I'm concerned about his team selection and style of play, but this has been said many times on here so it's nothing new. I was hoping for a change of manager but who? Not re-treads again. However, I've very grateful for the owner being generous with expenditure on players.

1 hour ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

He changed it from the first season.

Why wouldn't he change it again?

Think it's going to be the same again with Carlos but hope not but then again if it gets us promoted, I can't complain but can't see it and also I think we all know by the players we sign and release, hope I'm wrong but honestly can't see it 

prove me wrong Carlos and id gladly hope my hands up and admit it and hope I have to 

I look at teams who score 3 or 4 and even more , away from home , Tottenham come to mind lately and I just cannot ever see us being that ambitious and attack minded , our mindset seems to be get in front and  hang onto the lead instead of killing teams off , my pet hate is when we try and play keep ball by the corner flag , that irritates me  so much ,the under 23's we're doing it against Hull when we were 3-1 up !!  I don't pay to see that , we need to play with more freedom this coming season 

It only needs a tweak here and there, so I hope so, for his sake and for ours.

We don't need hung-ho. We don't need two flying wingers.

IMO this is what we need:-

• Simple balance. Two CMs, two wingers, two proper strikers
  • Positivity. Mix short backward throws and free-kicks with launches into the box
  • Tempo. But this comes with balance anyway.
  • Trust the players to impose our game on the oppos, not insist we compromise to stifle oppos

It won't win 46 matches, but it will win us enough to finish top two.

Am I optimistic? No. I think we all know Carlos's favourite side. It starts when everyone is fit, and it's awful. I predict we see Bannan LW, Fessi striker. It won't work, it never does, but this time fans will have zero patience and if we are 8th-10th several weeks in.

I wish i could be more positive..............................i`m actually really surprised that he is staying, his body language in the play off semi screamed for all the world that he had ,had enough and wanted to go home.

I like the guy , i think we all do...............but, he HAS to alter his style this season and be less stubborn in his team selections and MUCH more proactive in his tactics or we might be looking at it all ending rather acrimoniously sometime around November.

It really is stick or twist time for Carlos , and i hope he has the guts to admit where we went wrong.

A big reason Carlos sets up the way he does , tight first half especially, is to try and avoid conceding the first goal.

From memory we haven't won many after conceding . 

Is there anyway that gives the stat"" games won in championship this season after conceding first goal " ?

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

A big reason Carlos sets up the way he does , tight first half especially, is to try and avoid conceding the first goal.

From memory we haven't won many after conceding . 

Is there anyway that gives the stat"" games won in championship this season after conceding first goal " ?

Forest, Bristol and Wigan to name but a few if my memory is right.

I hope part of conversation was "you promised attacking football what happened last season to it you can have job if you do it again" I hope in some way that was translated across to him lol surely something got said cause you could clearly see difference last season to season before. Also the fact we did it against Norwich and hammered them 5-1 shows we can still do it. But he changed it again a week later confusing but still true. Like been posted on here a happy medium would be good. I'm sure something had to be compromised and promised 

There are lessons to be learnt from both seasons, both positive and negative. 

I think he is bright enough to take them on board and make us even stronger 

People on a whole seem to want to forget we were better this season than last!

I hope so, but suspect he won't. Maybe if he brings in the players necessary, i.e the likes of Ince who we were linked with may see an attacking shift.

I hope DC made this a key consideration of extending his contract......sell/release some potatoes and buy more fish.