What's needed.

Guest RocketOwl

You are not going to get much quicker wingers than McManaman and Buckley.

We signed Rhodes and didn't use him properly, played him in the target man role and pinged long balls in to him, it didn't work so we dropped him out of the side.

CC is a defender, Bullen is a defender, maybe we need someone on the coaching staff who can get the best out of our attacking players.

The only two certainties for me is signing a top quality centre half and NOT signing anymore strikers,  away from that anything could happen really ...  I think CC will move quite a few out if he can

I think the play off games; Hull last season and Huddersfield this have shown us that we need a central midfielder of Huddlestone and Mooy's quality. This one player alone ideally coupled with a change in formation would make a big improvement to the team.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A new centre half and a big rethink over the midfield with more presence and pace. I do not want to see another midfield of Wallace Lee Hutchinson and Bannan again.

You'd better miss the first home game(s) of the season then chap...I reckon CC will stick with that to start with especially with Lee back to full fitness...I dont expect any more than a couple coming in...prob both defensive too!!

Guest wilyfox

Centre-half, Centre-mid, and two wingers. If I can be greedy, I'd upgrade on Palmer as well.

Hanley, Scowen, Jota, Sako, and Paterson.

Easy...innit. 

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Can we all agree it's not strikers?

Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher, Winnall, FF and Jooa.

We don't need much.

A centre back to partner Lees making Loovens 3rd choice smd

Sasso 4th choice.

A centre midfield player to compete and cover Hutchinson injuries.

A winger who can penetrate and take people on.

Probably all we need. 

3 players.

Agreed with that, although would be nice to have new RB and LB if I'm being greedy.  

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

We also need any players who need operations to get in asap rather than leave it late and miss the first 5 or 6 games.

Marco is already in recovery. Should be back in 2 weeks. :ph34r:

We need a DoF and maybe couple more England based footballing men working in the background to help Carlos out with things like recruitment etc. Not saying the infamous committee needs to come back, but I think our poor recruitment this season has something to do with us seeming to be lightweight at the top of the club. 

What is needed is play to players strengths.

look at how Rhodes got all the goals at Blackburn and play a system that he would be a better one.

play Abdi in a role similar to he played at Watford.

stop rotating squad.

that is a start

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Can we all agree it's not strikers?

Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher, Winnall, FF and Jooa.

We don't need much.

A centre back to partner Lees making Loovens 3rd choice smd

Sasso 4th choice.

A centre midfield player to compete and cover Hutchinson injuries.

A winger who can penetrate and take people on.

Probably all we need. 

3 players.

I think hutch is one the best  of his type in this division to get someone comparable to cover-compete for him would be very difficult .......who do you think we could get who's as good as hutch and be happy to sit on the bench waiting for him to get injured coz as we all know when hutch is fit he plays .