What's needed.

Guest RocketOwl

Sell Jones.

Go get Tom Lawrence from Leicester. He's a starlet. Fast, creative, box to box, goal scoring mid (scored several screamers for Ipswich last season, amongst other goals), who can also play on the wing if needed.

Get McManaman again...and play him this time.

Back in for Tom Clarke from Preston.

Keep an eye out for a full back.

The prime target has to be a centre back for me, Loovens is decent but not got the legs anymore, the defence on the whole did well but there has to be a reason for his tactics to change so defensively, did he not have confidence to put pressure on back 4? I obviously don't know but for me a quality partner for Lees is a must.

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I think hutch is one the best  of his type in this division to get someone comparable to cover-compete for him would be very difficult .......who do you think we could get who's as good as hutch and be happy to sit on the bench waiting for him to get injured coz as we all know when hutch is fit he plays .

Lee Cattermole.

For me the priority has to be at least one quality with pace CB, Sasso isn't good enough and his signing last year was only as a backup because we failed to sign a third CB on top of Loovens and Lees.  Loovens isn't getting any younger and our lack of pace at the back I believe resulted in Carlos changing tactics so we became more defensive and sat back inviting teams on to us.  With more pace we could push up and go back to being a more attacking team.

As others have said we need something else in midfield although i'm still hoping Abdi could be the man and a right winger. 

How embarrassing is it we need a left back when Carlos has signed 3 this year. He certainly knows how to waste his transfer budget. Rhodes 10M, hardly plays him, doesn't play to his strengths. Reach 6M, plays but is he worth even half of that amount. Abdi 4M, even when he was fit struggled to even make the bench. Jones 1.5M, Never hardly plays. Fox 2M, Seen better players on Parsons Cross park. Winnall 500k, not given a chance. I'm actually a Carlos fan but having 10 of the 11 start last Wednesday, who started the play off final is scary, and if Hooper would have been fit would most definatly have started.