On 2017-5-21 at 11:17, stevie snerklebox said:

I thought that it was another bizarre signing in a whole string of "kid in a sweatshop" signings. Our recruitment is disgraceful. For me there is only Fletcher & Reach who have actually added anything to us this year.

I dont think a sweatshop is what you meant. 

3 minutes ago, Jonanderson1971 said:

Poor signing and sums up CC negativity in most games when bringing him on as sub.Would of gone for Wells at Huddersfield or similar .Other than FF name another wow factor player.

More like an underrated signing and as for your last point name a wow factor player in Brightons squad apart from Knockaert.. same point goes for Middlesbrough, Burnley Etc 

Edited by s6 owl

14 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

More like an underrated signing and as for your last point name a wow factor player in Brightons squad apart from Knockaert.. same point goes for Middlesbrough, Burnley Etc 

Sorry as a season ticket holder paying good money he is poor and if that's the way we are moving forward..not for me .

As for CC we have all said he needs to find the blend in the squad 

Edited by Jonanderson1971
Spelling

PS all of our signings last season were Meh. No one has lit the place up. Sure, some of them have had little chance to shine (McManaman, Buckley) but we've wasted a lot of money. 

I'd love to see Reach pass rate from Hudds game. I reckon he kept possession about 15pc of the time. Terrible. 

On 21/05/2017 at 11:20, WhiteOwl91 said:

Again comes down to style of play. 

He he was never going to be like for like with Hutch and should never have been expected to.

Last season he played alongside Barton (think of the totally different type of players we have in CM) and didn't look exposed. At all. In fact he was brilliant. Compare that to how he has looked with us on the whole. 

So again, we sign David Jones and I'm amazed we didn't build a midfield to suit, same with Abdi.

Very good signing on paper, his track record proved that. But once again strikes of signing the best players and not the best players for our style. 

another example of building a team of individuals rather than a team ...

On 5/21/2017 at 19:48, markg said:

He was okay to help Burnley win the league, after most of the season for him but for us only good enough for the last 15 minutes of matches?

The fact is he hasn't shown the form when called upon here, to justify selection.  I can't recall seeing him playing for Burnley (although of course he did), so I can't comment on his form at that time.

He's obviously got pedigree hence his four promotions to the premier league. He was steady enough for the most part when he played this season but he got bullied at times. I'm not sure where he fits in as Carlos will always pick Hutchinson when available but I think it's pretty obvious we need someone who can play this role who has more physicality and staying power but I haven't got a clue who's available who fits the bill?

On 5/21/2017 at 11:06, General_Grievous said:

Anyone remember what contract length he signed? Is he going to be a key player for us next season?

I think we signed Jones when it became clear that Abdi had an injury problem that was going to keep him out for quite a while.

He's been a steady signing if not spectacular, problem is he's another of our midfielders who doesn't score goals.

14 minutes ago, Martin Howson said:

Get rid, not good enough.

Cobblers. He's more than good enough, just been hamstrung by our style and formation.

If we finally get past having too many strikers on the field most of the time and actually learn to play to the strengths of our team then Jones can be vital to a midfield allowing  Lee and Abdi or Bannan to impact games a lot more

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I don't think we would have conceded that goal vs Hudds had he been on pitch. Also prob a better peno taker than Hutch. 

absolutely this. he is a quality player with bags of experience at this level. wasn't it a main part of the six wins in a row ? should never have taken fletcher off and if it was for something wrong with fletch David Jones Should have come on to break up their effective midfield. 

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

Cobblers. He's more than good enough, just been hamstrung by our style and formation.

If we finally get past having too many strikers on the field most of the time and actually learn to play to the strengths of our team then Jones can be vital to a midfield allowing  Lee and Abdi or Bannan to impact games a lot more

everyone is crying out for a midfield beast but we have it in him as Long as he is in an effective formation. to allow hutch into defence where he should be and Lee and abdi bannan able to get forward will mark a significant improvement on result and play.....442 is dead to me moving forward WAWAW