Tammy Abraham & Izzy Brown

47 minutes ago, Tommo_ said:

Both eventually returning to their parent club Chelsea. 

Both players would make a big improvement next season and should be signed at all costs. Along with Jota from Brentford

We already have 4 of the best goal scorers in this division + Fletcher.

What we need is PACE and speed of delivery to the front players, so a slight change in how we play, some how mix up the defensive quality's of the last season with the attacking quality of the previous season.

Andrews has done it in this Division, but I was not impressed with Brown.

48 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

3 months since we signed Rhodes.

4 months since Winnall.

10 months since we signed Fletcher.

12 months since we signed Hooper.

Do we just keep going and going, or do we spot that something is fundamentally wrong with how we attack?

Abraham is faster than anything we have. But he would have nothing to chase.

A captain-esq centre back and a speedy winger and I'd be happy going into next season. There's loads of players out there that are realistic that I'd love us to sign but for me, that's all we need. 

49 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

3 months since we signed Rhodes.

4 months since Winnall.

10 months since we signed Fletcher.

12 months since we signed Hooper.

Do we just keep going and going, or do we spot that something is fundamentally wrong with how we attack?

Abraham is faster than anything we have. But he would have nothing to chase.

That's antinio bloke was ok. It his first touch was rubbish

54 minutes ago, Tommo_ said:

Both eventually returning to their parent club Chelsea. 

Both players would make a big improvement next season and should be signed at all costs. Along with Jota from Brentford

400 million.

get your wallet out DC we need these boys at all costs :duntmatter:

What's all this 'Get rid of Winall'?. That would leave us with 3 proven goal scorers at this level.

He is a proven goal scorer at this level, we got him for £500k what would we have to pay to bring in another proven goal scorer?.

NUHIU

MATIAS

JOAO

MELO

SASSO

URBY

PUDIL

SEMEDO

All 8 to go, releasing their wages to invest in fewer players,3 - 4, but of better quality.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Shrewd!!! If you can get 4m for Winnall and Nuhiu, promise me you will come and work for me in my sales dept.

I dont actually have a business, but will start one, and one day spike we will be millionaires.

IMO you underate Fletcher. Five goals in seven games at the sharp end of the season, and has recently showed us how best to play him. Look at those headers he has scored v Rotherham, Derby, Newcastle and udders. Put decent balls over and he wins most of them.

Yes Del Boy, one day we will be millionaires!

Yeah looking back, I was thinking we paid a couple of million for him, we didn't did we, it was add ons and stuff.  I think we could still get a decent fee for Winnall.  What did we pay for him?  I can't recall off the top of my head.  I think Nuhiu is still very handy for somebody.  Most managers have said during his time here that he is difficult to play against, even if we as supporters didn't see it.  I don't think 1m is impossible.  Anyway, the point is moot.  Even if we did get 4m, I don't think there is anybody available with pace, with reputation for that sort of money, so certainly not for less.

My error Holmowl, I didn't express that the way I meant.  I like Fletcher and he is that huge upgrade on Nuhiu.  What I was trying to say is that unless somebody made a banana's bid for him, I don't see him as a player we could sell readily.  He will probably see out his career here unless he goes this close season for a last crack at the PL which I have to say is doubtful.  I see Rhodes and Fletcher fulfilling the same role and to a lesser degree Hooper and Winnall (which makes Wednesday nights team selection all the more baffling).  One of the ingredients we are missing is a pacy striker.  I think what funds we have, must go elsewhere.  So to bring in a striker I think we have to generate the cash from the sale of a striker and other "bloatware".

Just now, Animal said:

its not strikers we need. We could sign messi and it wouldn't change much, the style of play reaching the strikers is very poor at the moment.

Has been all season, they must get so frustrated with our style of play at times

52 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What's all this 'Get rid of Winall'?. That would leave us with 3 proven goal scorers at this level.

He is a proven goal scorer at this level, we got him for £500k what would we have to pay to bring in another proven goal scorer?.

NUHIU

MATIAS

JOAO

MELO

SASSO

URBY

PUDIL

SEMEDO

All 8 to go, releasing their wages to invest in fewer players,3 - 4, but of better quality.

I'd rather McGugan go than Semedo, at least he tries.

I keep hearing we need a lightening fast winger...

But a lightening fast winger is about as much of a threat as a slow winger if they are being asked to play half the game as auxiliary full backs and spend the rest of the time drifting into central midfield to make up the numbers.

Edited by Lord Snooty

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

NUHIU

MATIAS

JOAO

MELO

SASSO

URBY

PUDIL

SEMEDO

1 hour ago, Animal said:

its not strikers we need. We could sign messi and it wouldn't change much, the style of play reaching the strikers is very poor at the moment.

Completely agree, we don't need more strikers. We do need pace though. Other areas need strengthening too so sell a striker or two and unfortunately Winnall looks like the one unless we can pull out of the Rhodes deal which I think is a non starter. So options...

1.Wingers are too easily nullified and rarely have end product. There are some half decent options but would CC play them?

2. Pace from full back is current thinking but we'd need two and they wouldn't be cheap.

3. From heart of midfield, Carlton-esque,?

4. Young on loan striker with bags of pace maybe lacking on end product but it's more for the space they would create and threat.

I've always said my personal preference is from the heart of midfield. A galloping runner who can take slow, central midfielders for a run and get beyond. Like Lee but instead of drifting, being a little bit more aggressive about it.