Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Apparently Welsh international full back Chris Gunter has got a £1million release clause. Surely we should be interested in him? He would be ideal for us. His crossing is superb, and he's got plenty of energy, he's good defensively and going forward. Also he can play right back and left back. He would improve us has he's one of the best full backs in the Championship. I'd be amazed and disappointed if we aren't interested in a full back of that quality? (Sources: Gazette live & Wales Online)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Apparently Welsh international full back Chris Gunter has got a £1million release clause. Surely we should be interested in him? He would be ideal for us. His crossing is superb, and he's got plenty of energy, he's good defensively and going forward. Also he can play right back and left back. He would improve us has he's one of the best full backs in the Championship. I'd be amazed and disappointed if we aren't interested in a full back of that quality? (Sources: Gazette live & Wales Online)

We should be all over this at that price! 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

He wouldn't come this far North. He had problems settling when at Forest and wanted a move South.

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

He wouldn't come this far North. He had problems settling when at Forest and wanted a move South.

Darn it, would love us to sign a decent Welsh player, as the Welsh team is vastly superior to the Scottish team. Gunter and Lawrence would be my pick. Plus being a Welsh Owl, we ain't had many decent Welsh players.

Maybe that explains the obsession with Scots? :ph34r:lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Darn it, would love us to sign a decent Welsh player, as the Welsh team is vastly superior to the Scottish team. Gunter and Lawrence would be my pick. Plus being a Welsh Owl, we ain't had many decent Welsh players.

I'd happily take Bale or Ramsey if you can make that happen?! lol

5 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

*Cough* Pembridge *Cough*

Just now, Philb125 said:

*Cough* Pembridge *Cough*

Yeah, I remember him from our Premier League days, also a young lad called Ryan Jones. As well as Mark Crossley for his famous goal against Southampton. Weren't Mark Pembridge and Jeff Johnson players of the year for us in the 90s and 80s?

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yeah, I remember him from our Premier League days, also a young lad called Ryan Jones. As well as Mark Crossley for his famous goal against Southampton. Weren't Mark Pembridge and Jeff Johnson players of the year for us in the 90s and 80s?

Pembridge certainly was - as a fellow welshman, he was my favourite player at the time. Real grafter, would probably do well under CC.

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Pembridge certainly was - as a fellow welshman, he was my favourite player at the time. Real grafter, would probably do well under CC.

Yeah, he probably would be his type of player. He seemed a bit of a mustard player, he was underrated. I rated him too but think most of his best moments came for Everton, Fulham and Wales. Ryan Jones was exciting when he briefly burst onto the scene but then vanished after a bad injury against Wimbledon, I think it was?

28 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yeah, he probably would be his type of player. He seemed a bit of a mustard player, he was underrated. I rated him too but think most of his best moments came for Everton, Fulham and Wales. Ryan Jones was exciting when he briefly burst onto the scene but then vanished after a bad injury against Wimbledon, I think it was?

Ryan Jones was only exciting cos he was a monster. He must have been 6ft 4 and built like a brick sh!thouse. 

Leeds and Aston Villa are monitoring the situation of Reading full-back Chris Gunter, according to the Gazette.

The north east news publication has detailed that Middlesbrough are looking to make progress with their move for the 27-year-old, who is claimed to have a £1million release clause in his contract.

However, it is also said that they face a battle for the 79-time capped Wales international with Swansea having registered an interest, while both Villa and Leeds are reported to be “watching developments.”

Both Championship clubs are well stocked in the right-back position with Steve Bruce having James Bree, Ritchie De Laet and Alan Hutton to select from, while Thomas Christiansen has both Luke Ayling and Gaetano Berardi in his ranks, so it is not clear how interested the two are.

But, Leeds fans will certainly be keen to see the club make an attempt to beat ex-boss Monk to a player following his departure from the club earlier in the summer.