Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

23 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Leeds and Aston Villa are monitoring the situation of Reading full-back Chris Gunter, according to the Gazette.

The north east news publication has detailed that Middlesbrough are looking to make progress with their move for the 27-year-old, who is claimed to have a £1million release clause in his contract.

However, it is also said that they face a battle for the 79-time capped Wales international with Swansea having registered an interest, while both Villa and Leeds are reported to be “watching developments.”

Both Championship clubs are well stocked in the right-back position with Steve Bruce having James Bree, Ritchie De Laet and Alan Hutton to select from, while Thomas Christiansen has both Luke Ayling and Gaetano Berardi in his ranks, so it is not clear how interested the two are.

But, Leeds fans will certainly be keen to see the club make an attempt to beat ex-boss Monk to a player following his departure from the club earlier in the summer.

Why aren't we involved if we want a RB. Much better prospect than Hutton, being 5 years younger and probably on similar wages. Fee of 1 million very reasonable, if true. 

29 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Leeds and Aston Villa are monitoring the situation of Reading full-back Chris Gunter, according to the Gazette.

The north east news publication has detailed that Middlesbrough are looking to make progress with their move for the 27-year-old, who is claimed to have a £1million release clause in his contract.

However, it is also said that they face a battle for the 79-time capped Wales international with Swansea having registered an interest, while both Villa and Leeds are reported to be “watching developments.”

Both Championship clubs are well stocked in the right-back position with Steve Bruce having James Bree, Ritchie De Laet and Alan Hutton to select from, while Thomas Christiansen has both Luke Ayling and Gaetano Berardi in his ranks, so it is not clear how interested the two are.

But, Leeds fans will certainly be keen to see the club make an attempt to beat ex-boss Monk to a player following his departure from the club earlier in the summer.

I would love Grunter at Hillsbro . Quality fullback 

On 7/3/2017 at 12:46, Herb said:

If Tom Lees really is on anywhere near £30k a week is there not a chance he could be too expensive for Burnley? 

I know, with Premier League money and the Keane sale, obviously they could afford his fee and any wages he wants but will it not interfere with their wage structure. 

With rumours of Andre Gray being on his way out to seek a pay rise from his £24k a week salary. If their main striker is on such a small amount will they really offer Lees a head turning amount?

Burnley's top earners are on £35k a week with a healthy multi-million bonus pool for staying up. The chairman said this summer the £35k wage ceiling will be increased a little (maybe to £40k a week). Gray's £24k a week is from when he joined in the Championship. He has one year left on his deal.

13:50

EVERTON TRIO FOR SUNDERLAND?

Sky sources: Sunderland are on the verge of a double-signing from Everton this afternoon. We understand defensive duo BrendanGalloway and Tyias Browning are currently on their way to Wearside to undergo medicals ahead of season-long loan deals. 

In addition, Sunderland are close to agreeing a permanent deal for Everton winger Aiden McGeady, which would take the Everton arrivals to three.

However, the Republic of Ireland winger's move is less advanced than the other two, but Sunderland remain in advanced talks with Everton. 

F*ck me, will moyes not learn that signing everyone from Everton, or who he had at Everton does not work..........

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Sky sources: Sunderland are on the verge of a double-signing from Everton this afternoon. We understand defensive duo BrendanGalloway and Tyias Browning are currently on their way to Wearside to undergo medicals ahead of season-long loan deals. 

In addition, Sunderland are close to agreeing a permanent deal for Everton winger Aiden McGeady, which would take the Everton arrivals to three.

However, the Republic of Ireland winger's move is less advanced than the other two, but Sunderland remain in advanced talks with Everton. 

F*ck me, will moyes not learn that signing everyone from Everton, or who he had at Everton does not work..........

Moyes isn't the Sunderland manager anymore 

Just now, marcx666 said:

Moyes isn't there anymore :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

IMG_4683.JPG

31 minutes ago, Bradshaw said:

Barrie Mckay signing for Forest for 500k...wow.

How they've managed that I will never know. Tricky little winger.

Can't pass, can't cross, cant shoot. I don't expect him to cut it at this level tbh, he wasn't great in the Scottish league.

Just now, jack whitham said:

Can pass, can shoot and can cross..should be in for players like this at that price.

I'm not sure what you've been watching, but it wasn't Barrie McKay. He's well known in Scotland for lacking end product, carries the ball well enough but does little with it. His stats last season in the Scottish Premiership were unimpressive to say the least and I'll be highly surprised if he ever adds to his 6 minutes of international duty (which was pretty much just token "i better call up a 'gers player" from strachan).

I wouldn't want Barrie McKay anywhere near the squad, he's not good enough. Ryan Fraser was amuch better player when he came to Bournemouth, but it still took him a couple of seasons to adapt and become the good english premier league winger he is now. I don't expect anything similar from McKay, he'll probablyjust sink into the forest reserves and move to league one in 2 years time.