The one big decision he bottled was sending off Hogg with a second yellow. This was whilst we were one up.

Forestieri was mid way in their half & running at goal, he'd gone past Hogg & he  took him down. Ref was going to give the freekick but Lee retained the ball so he played an advantage. 

A good & strong referee would have done this but then gone back to give the second yellow. Instead he used it as a way of avoiding sending a player off.

There was then a potential third yellow after they equalised where Hogg was mouthing off at the ref. So much so the referee went over to him & Heffle had to get in between them. Dissent is supposed to be punished with a card these days.

In extra time there was then a 4th occasion. Can't fully remember who it was on but I think we were about to break & he hacked our player down to stop it. Again normally a yellow card.

11 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I'm talking about his chance in the first period of et

Honestly can't remember this! There is a chance, by that point, what I was looking through my fingers as my hands covered my face as I couldn't take it any more!!

And I sure as hell ain't watching the highlights to see it! lol

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Hogg should've been sent off.  Hogg made 2 or three cynical fouls whilst on a yellow, one of them he didn't even talk to him about (think he took FF out on halfway line) because he "played advantage"

Not the worst ref this season, but hardly a glowing reference....we've had some horrific referees at S6 this season. They seem to get worse. 

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Honestly can't remember this! There is a chance, by that point, what I was looking through my fingers as my hands covered my face as I couldn't take it any more!!

And I sure as hell ain't watching the highlights to see it! lol

!

yeah it can to him inside 6 yard box, he did well to make room for the shot but it hit a defenders trailing leg.. unlucky I suppose 

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

!

yeah it can to him inside 6 yard box, he did well to make room for the shot but it hit a defenders trailing leg.. unlucky I suppose 

Ah yes, I remember it now! I'd only put that down as a half chance myself, but I've seen him score more difficult chances (Forest away for example).

He could/should have been harder on Mooy and Hogg in the midfield, both guilty of pulling us back on the break on several occasions but all in all he tried to let the game flow and was better than 99% of refs we've had at Hillsborough in the past decade.

13 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

The one big decision he bottled was sending off Hogg with a second yellow. This was whilst we were one up.

Forestieri was mid way in their half & running at goal, he'd gone past Hogg & he  took him down. Ref was going to give the freekick but Lee retained the ball so he played an advantage. 

A good & strong referee would have done this but then gone back to give the second yellow. Instead he used it as a way of avoiding sending a player off.

There was then a potential third yellow after they equalised where Hogg was mouthing off at the ref. So much so the referee went over to him & Heffle had to get in between them. Dissent is supposed to be punished with a card these days.

In extra time there was then a 4th occasion. Can't fully remember who it was on but I think we were about to break & he hacked our player down to stop it. Again normally a yellow card.

Spot on with this. I was fully expecting Hogg to receive his second yellow as soon as the ball went dead.

9 minutes ago, Brammy said:

Spot on with this. I was fully expecting Hogg to receive his second yellow as soon as the ball went dead.

People around me thought that because he played advantage he couldn't give the yellow. But that is incorrect.

Advantage is there to give the attacking team a chance to score. The offence still occurred & should be dealt with when the ball goes out of play.

Hutch booking was premature and Mooy should have been booked somewhere between his 12th and 17th foul of the night. 

Otherwise we were lucky re: Westwood challenge and FF was not fooling Andre Mariner for one second with the "going down like a sack of spanners" routine.

The blame ball is firmly in our court unfortunately.