1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Could be argued that Hutchinson got away with a few offences after his yellow too in fairness.

I'm not sure because I've not watched it back.

can't remember Hutch doing too much wrong, Hogg was pulling back all the time which is an easy yellow.

1 hour ago, Jeff King's dog said:

No, in fact he did us a favour by not giving them the pen they deserved.

We can blame CC, the players and ourselves but not the officials on this occasion.

Should've sent Mooy or Hogg off or even both.

1 hour ago, September65 said:

Be interested to know how many times Forestieri got fowled.

The problem with him is that his diving abilities leave those of Tom Daley in the shade, like Sam Hutchinson, his reputation goes before him, in this game you make your own bed and then have to lie in it. Conversally the likes of Gary Lineker and Bobby Charlton could get away with the odd rick, as the refs were not looking for them to err from their 'gentlemen player' status.

1 hour ago, iliveinthenow said:

So the 30k Wednesday fans moaning about him all game, but according to Owlstalk he did ok?

Not sure he did everything he could, their number 6 should have been off but he refused a second booking, gave Forestieri nothing but that is his reputation preceding him

33 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I'm not sure because I've not watched it back.

can't remember Hutch doing too much wrong, Hogg was pulling back all the time which is an easy yellow.

Was watching the match on Sky....Hutch made one tackle in the second half which was borderline yellow. The commentator said at the time, and I agreed with him, that with it being a play off he didn't really want to be showing a red. The same also applied to Hogg's challenge on Forestieri.

Could be argued that Hutch's initial yellow was unlucky but no doubt the second challenge would have got one if he hadn't already been booked.

All round I thought it was well reffed.

Edited by fredmciverslovechild

Did not Hefele pull back Rhodes when he was the last man. From our seat in the North it looked a red card but not seen it back to comment further and in the heat /tension of the occasion could have been mistaken.