Will we keep hold of players?

If im honest I don't think any if our players would make the starting 11 of a premiership club. The only one that could go close is Westwood. We have some very good players, but they are championship level players.

A few people are mentioning Tom Lees, he'd get eaten alive in the prem. too slow and not good enough on the ball at that level.

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood, Bannan, Lee?

These three I'm concerned about. All for me deserve a shot at the Premier League. Lee and Westwood aren't getting any younger, if a club showed an interest will there heads be turned? Two play off defeats, maybe they will jump at the chance to have a shot at the Premier League.

Does that mean Bannan is ?

Do you know something we don't ?  Anti ageing serum maybe ?  Come on spill the beans.

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

If im honest I don't think any if our players would make the starting 11 of a premiership club. The only one that could go close is Westwood. We have some very good players, but they are championship level players.

A few people are mentioning Tom Lees, he'd get eaten alive in the prem. too slow and not good enough on the ball at that level.

But Michael Keane is worth 25mil?

Harry Maguire has won plaudits all season.

Think last season (when they were all in the same division) Lees looked as good as either of them

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm more concerned about holding on to young Hirsty, I think he could be ready next season.

So a 'possible' 'perhaps' / 'maybe' kid is more fundamental to our team next year than any of the existing first teamers?

I didn't realise how low we'd sunk....

3 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

But Michael Keane is worth 25mil?

Harry Maguire has won plaudits all season.

Think last season (when they were all in the same division) Lees looked as good as either of them

Someone may well take a punt on him but I can't see us having to fend off a bidding war.

You'd think that none of our players would move to a Championship rival seeing as we'll hopefully be challenging again next year and we can compete on wages.

The Premier League obviously is a different ball game.  Therefore, which of our players are good enough to start in a Premiership team?

The only definite for me is Westwood.  He'd also be the hardest to replace.

FF has really disappointed this year. And I think after the Norwich debarkle we should sell. I'm not sure who would take him though now. 

Maybe newcastle. 

I hope if he stays he can prove me wrong and shake the reputation that he has. (Which at times I think is very unfair) 

14 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

John Stones is excellent on the ball but can't defend and he cost loads. I think Tom Lees would do well at a mid table club.

1 hour ago, Jayne Whittaker said:

Westwood twitter yesterday, sound to me like he wasn't going to be here next season.

it was the bit about 'it's BEEN a pleasure ' 

hope I'm wrong

IMG_6441.thumb.PNG.f0f1aab99ffe34b61de69a647f44fcce.PNG

Can see what you mean...

"There's nothing else to say apart from, we'll have to go again. 3rd time lucky as they say".

Definitely sounds like he wants out. WTF:

You're not Doom Howson by any chance ?

While I don't want the players to get unsettled, it would be nice if there was some interest - it would show teams in the Premier league rated our players

It's hard to tell. Even the relegated clubs have players who they can sell for 10-25 million

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:27, offalyowl said:

I'd be more concerned trying to keep hold of fernando than them 

I think he's part of the problem. He isn't a natural central striker but wants to play there. On the left he is more effective but can leave us exposed down that side. For me he is a great player to bring off the bench but he wouldn't be happy with that either. Whatever you do it has an effect on the balance of the team which is frustrating because he can be a game changer.

29 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

IMG_6441.thumb.PNG.f0f1aab99ffe34b61de69a647f44fcce.PNG

Can see what you mean...

"There's nothing else to say apart from, we'll have to go again. 3rd time lucky as they say".

Definitely sounds like he wants out. WTF:

You're not Doom Howson by any chance ?

I suppose we all see different interpretations. 

Like I said, hope I'm wrong. 

And my name is my own ;)

Could honestly see Lee making it as a good squad player outside the top 6 or so, dont think FF, Bannan or Lees are really good enough (wait for the negs)

Westwood would only leave if he was guaranteed no 1. Don't think we should sell anyone to our rivals.