12 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

46 games in a season not 7

3 goals in 2 seasons

shoots like a cripple

1 in 30 forward passes he pulls off

pace of a snail

tackles like a fairy

there's a reason he's failed at every club in the premier league

Nah..unfair that...Actually you don't get yer own song if you play like that at Hillsborough...thats a fact

Played for Villa an' Palace in the Prem..so sayin' "Both clubs in the Prem is a little more accurate than...""EVERY club in the Prem"

I agree we need better, but that goes for every position bar bloody maybe Lee an' Westwood

8 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Unfortunately I think FF is premiership bound but I don't think we can command a particularly high fee for him - 10 mil at most (would have been upwards of that in January or last summer)

I'd be amazed if a premier league team came in for him. He isn't at that standard. He was great last season but the only solid offer we had was from Derby, no premier league team will take him following this season. 

Guest Coyt

For those saying FF is premiership bound, really? Based on what. To be honest he's been well below par this season. I said to my mate the other night that this season he's shown alot why he was used as a sub at Watford and not been a first team regular. 

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Was a £3m player when he came. One stonking season and his value soared on the back of it. This past season has seen him more at his Watford level. Good player but if someone offers us triple our money I suspect he'll be off.

We have more than enough striking options to cover him leaving. 

38 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I'd be amazed if a premier league team came in for him. He isn't at that standard. He was great last season but the only solid offer we had was from Derby, no premier league team will take him following this season. 

There was a piece in the paper the other day about Newcastle being interested Maybe a swap for Hanley now we're still in the championship? We wanted Hanley before, but we'd have to sell before we could afford him I reckon

2 minutes ago, Coyt said:

For those saying FF is premiership bound, really? Based on what. To be honest he's been well below par this season. I said to my mate the other night that this season he's shown alot why he was used as a sub at Watford and not been a first team regular. 

It's all based on the typical over inflated owlstalk opinions. 

think we could do with losing bannan or lee, I'd rather sell bannan. Its like carlos is scared to drop one of them and with a four man midfield containing three centre mids at the same time is horrible to watch, so maybe losing one of them could do us a favour. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There was a piece in the paper the other day about Newcastle being interested Maybe a swap for Hanley now we're still in the championship? We wanted Hanley before, but we'd have to sell before we could afford him I reckon

FF should be worth more than Hanley in reality, but I don't think it would be too bad for a swap with £2m or so coming our way. 

37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Having said that, if we lost Forestieri for £5m (Hanley) and gained Jordan Rhodes for £10m, that would just about sum up our recruitment policy

In the past every time we have lost players I have always been devastated  ( Brunt ,Whelan, Antonio ) but for some reason it's different this time. think it is because we are in a position to bring better ones in or just go down a different route, play a different way.

Forestieri, Westwood, Lees, Bannan. Wouldn't want to lose any of them. But this time we would be getting good money and be in a position to get like for like as a minimum, if not better. 

So not quite the devastating news losing players has always been in the past.

41 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

In the past every time we have lost players I have always been devastated  ( Brunt ,Whelan, Antonio ) but for some reason it's different this time. think it is because we are in a position to bring better ones in or just go down a different route, play a different way.

Forestieri, Westwood, Lees, Bannan. Wouldn't want to lose any of them. But this time we would be getting good money and be in a position to get like for like as a minimum, if not better. 

So not quite the devastating news losing players has always been in the past.

Possibly, or we could end up paying more for players who actually aren't any better

Edited by gurujuan

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Having said that, if we lost Forestieri for £5m (Hanley) and gained Jordan Rhodes for £10m, that would just about sum up our recruitment policy

I took a bit of a battering on here before Xmas for saying our recruitment policy was a "scattergun approach". I still stick by that too, only 1 change from last years playoff final. £20m+ spent. 

Definitely need to keep hold of Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee and Hooper. As for Bannan and Forestieri, I'm not fussed either way. The likes of Abdi and Fletcher we'd probably need to keep due to length of contract. The remainder I'm open to improvements.

Thing is, we're a top six championship club now. Serious promotion contenders and will be one of the favourites for automatic next season. It's not like when we had to sell Grant to pay the tax man. If player's heads are turned and they want to leave, we can afford to replace them with players of equal or superior ability. 

I'd really hate to see Lee go. It's been great watching him grow with us, and his improvement has been nicely in line with ours as a whole. 

Westwood again I'd hate to see go, but we could attract another great keeper. Even a reserve keeper from the Premiership would be fine, look at Huddersfield. 

Bannan I'm not overly fussed about. He's had more bad games than good this season. When he's good he's still really good, but he's just not been at the level he was at least season unfortunately.

FF... I'd give you a different answer after every game this season. I love him, but he's soft going to the ground every two minutes and he's a mardy arse who would usually rather flap his arms at the ref than chase a defender down. 

Hutch, again, love him but you've got to play him knowing you're going to miss him for 10-12 games a season through injury and suspension. 

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Thing is, we're a top six championship club now. Serious promotion contenders and will be one of the favourites for automatic next season. It's not like when we had to sell Grant to pay the tax man. If player's heads are turned and they want to leave, we can afford to replace them with players of equal or superior ability. 

I'd really hate to see Lee go. It's been great watching him grow with us, and his improvement has been nicely in line with ours as a whole. 

Westwood again I'd hate to see go, but we could attract another great keeper. Even a reserve keeper from the Premiership would be fine, look at Huddersfield. 

Bannan I'm not overly fussed about. He's had more bad games than good this season. When he's good he's still really good, but he's just not been at the level he was at least season unfortunately.

FF... I'd give you a different answer after every game this season. I love him, but he's soft going to the ground every two minutes and he's a mardy arse who would usually rather flap his arms at the ref than chase a defender down. 

Hutch, again, love him but you've got to play him knowing you're going to miss him for 10-12 games a season through injury and suspension. 

Pretty much how I feel too mate. 

who we lose will depend on who is the manager, there must be some upset at where they are being asked to play, some that signed expecting to play a big part in our season who are bit players at best or who have hardly had a game.

when we get a new manager it will mean everyone starts equal again and there could be some surprises, so lets get the new manager in and get them to work as soon as possible