Time to to spend big on a

On 5/18/2017 at 18:30, siggi jonsson said:

FFS Pardew got job in April 

sigi you seem certain that Pardew is the man, if he has signed or is signing what is going on at the moment, and why would CC be holding talks next week with DC, i believe his contract was only for 1 year and ends soon

On 2017-5-18 at 19:09, StudentOwl said:

Does anyone actually think a manager in a job at Fulham or Huddersfield would join Wednesday? 

Some of you may not like to hear this... But that's a sideways move. For Wagner, there's a chance it'd be a backwards one too come May 29th...

I think Wagner will be off even if Udders get promoted. His stock is very high with what he has done on a bottom three budget and style of play . I can see a mid table prem team , or a German team poaching him. 

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think Wagner will be off even if Udders get promoted. His stock is very high with what he has done on a bottom three budget and style of play . I can see a mid table prem team , or a German team poaching him. 

rumours going about that he is returning to Dortmund

Trouble is I don't think DC wants a manager. Clearly the setup at the club is for a head coach to take care of the first team and people above him to take care of transfers. This will limit us unless we are willing to alter the structure.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:38, ShaunO1 said:

I can see heckingbottom being another Danny Wilson. I'd have Wagner if I could choose any from the other championship teams

People who have been complaining about us being too  boring and defensive would have a stroke watching us pass the ball around at the back for 80 mins then resort to hoofball in the last ten because that what Wagner did against us for three games this season

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

People who have been complaining about us being too  boring and defensive would have a stroke watching us pass the ball around at the back for 80 mins then resort to hoofball in the last ten because that what Wagner did against us for three games this season

Fair point. 

The other side of that coin is that people would be vvanking themselves silly if we had just got into the playoff final like he's just done. 

He's dragged a team who looked nailed on to be relegated when they lost to us at Hillsborough last season to the playoff final all on the same budget of Rotherham.

A bit of pragmatism goes along way in this league.

Edited by ShaunO1

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

None of those mentioned is any better than Carlos If he is going, and we're pushing the boat out for a manager, let's look at someone who can get us up, and keep us up

Jokanovic, Wagner & Stam are all much better tacticians than Carlos and are all head coaches and not managers. I'd have any one of them as our in a heartbeat. In fact I'd go as far as saying that if we'd have had any other manager in the top 7 of the league table this season we would have gone up.

I thought we'd turned a corner just in time but in play-offs we went back to playing in a style that had a lot of us worried in February/March time particularly. The simplest of all is play Fessi up front and we create next to nothing.

All other play-off team managers have taken a floundering or dessimated team last season to genuine promotion candidates with very little investment into their squads.

We have made countless big money signings and no progress. All because Carlos seems to think we need to play more like Hull did last season to get promotion. He abandoned in my opinion what had made us such a successful team last year, quick attacking football. He is making the players who were successful at that play a system not suited to their instincts or style. 

We are doing better than 2 years ago because we have better players not because of Carlos. Stuart Gray would have done just as well with the same players. We will do even better next season with a better manager at the helm.

41 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Jokanovic, Wagner & Stam are all much better tacticians than Carlos and are all head coaches and not managers. I'd have any one of them as our in a heartbeat. In fact I'd go as far as saying that if we'd have had any other manager in the top 7 of the league table this season we would have gone up.

I thought we'd turned a corner just in time but in play-offs we went back to playing in a style that had a lot of us worried in February/March time particularly. The simplest of all is play Fessi up front and we create next to nothing.

All other play-off team managers have taken a floundering or dessimated team last season to genuine promotion candidates with very little investment into their squads.

We have made countless big money signings and no progress. All because Carlos seems to think we need to play more like Hull did last season to get promotion. He abandoned in my opinion what had made us such a successful team last year, quick attacking football. He is making the players who were successful at that play a system not suited to their instincts or style. 

We are doing better than 2 years ago because we have better players not because of Carlos. Stuart Gray would have done just as well with the same players. We will do even better next season with a better manager at the helm.

I don't know that they're better coaches than Carlos, but certainly all three have shown promise, but no more than Carlos achieved in his first season with us. While I continue to support Carlos, I do think he's lost his way a little, especially on the recruitment front. By signing the likes of Winnall and Rhodes, he's backed himself into a corner, and we can't play the way Fulham, Reading or even Huddersfield do

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Thought not

Would be nice to get a young head coach or assistant from the continent, they seem to be doing the business.

Something that stuck with me Wednesday night was the commentator saying how Wagner signed a lot of players who had won something the season before, shows what sort of attitude he likes to have.