Staggering

Just now, vulva said:

When Wallace was injured we should have pushed FF wide, and brought on Winnall or Rhodes up top. 

We we set up last night, and Sunday, to lose. Huddersfield went to win both games. I'm afraid football has won. 

Agreed. We should have left reach for later on. To say we have a big squad may be true. Its not balanced in way we can use it though. There will be changes this summer and good. Not many teams make the playoffs 3 seasons in a row.

Just now, Almat said:

Play off final defeat first season = over-achievement

Play Off Semi Final defeat 2nd season after further 20 millon spondoolics spent = under-achievement. Worriesome. 

I'm not looking for 'pretty good'. I'm looking for 'very good' at the very least. So should every fan. And so should DC.

Well you go tell him that 

The attitude that we have a divine right to win these sort of games is one that holds no sway with me 

Huddersfield were in the game as of right like we were and last night was 2 evenly matched teams going for it and couldn't be divided except by 2 poor spot kicks it was a *** paper between us 

But of course ill probably be called " not a proper fan " because i can put Football in its proper context its a game. its a pastime no one died just the club we all follow lost a game 

7 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

That and the fact that Carlos didn't seem to have any interest in making effective use of his recruitment.

Abdi and Mcmanaman spring to mind straight away. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

When Wallace was injured we should have pushed FF wide, and brought on Winnall or Rhodes up top. 

We we set up last night, and Sunday, to lose. Huddersfield went to win both games. I'm afraid football has won. 

Being saying it for a while, maybe the reason CC has experienced such a chequered managerial career is at least partly being unable to deal with pressure/expectation. He's basically gone back into his shell this season with his totally negative tactics. And i totally agree with you about football winning last night. If I was a neutral watching those 2 games I would be delighted that Huddersfield prevailed. It's making those 200 quid adult season tickets look a massive bargain at the moment.

7 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

It was quite scary the pace of the Huddersfield team tonight. 

From the full backs to the wingers all of them were comfortable at running at us. 

Hunt and Pudil couldn't handle it whatsoever

I agree about the lack of pace being an issue for us as an attacking unit. But to say our fullbacks couldn't cope, I didn't see Huddersfield making many clear chances. Thought we were good defensively last night just poor going forward.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well you go tell him that 

The attitude that we have a divine right to win these sort of games is one that holds no sway with me 

Huddersfield were in the game as of right like we were and last night was 2 evenly matched teams going for it and couldn't be divided except by 2 poor spot kicks it was a *** paper between us 

But of course ill probably be called " not a proper fan " because i can put Football in its proper context its a game. its a pastime no one died just the club we all follow lost a game 

Fan is short for fanatic. In that sense you're not a 'fan' because you don't want the very best for your club. You've said it already, 'pretty good' is OK for you. It isn't for me. Same with my staff, 'pretty good' isn't good enough for me and if you make it clear 'pretty good' is OK that's the performance you will get...

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

I agree about the lack of pace being an issue for us as an attacking unit. But to say our fullbacks couldn't cope, I didn't see Huddersfield making many clear chances. Thought we were good defensively last night just poor going forward.

I said 4 months ago i fancied huddersfield. Man for man not the best but good as a team. Thats the difference. I hope they win it.

10 minutes ago, Almat said:

Play off final defeat first season = over-achievement

Play Off Semi Final defeat 2nd season after further 20 millon spondoolics spent = under-achievement. Worriesome. 

So what did Brighton do when they were beaten by us in the semis?

Overturn every rock in the team, drop the manager, drop the squad???

Get some flipping perspective and calm down; yes, we need to review our season and squad and spend in the summer and also offload some that weren't needed, but no reckless changes, please.

1 minute ago, northernerowl said:

So what did Brighton do when they were beaten by us in the semis?

Overturn every rock in the team, drop the manager, drop the squad???

Get some flipping perspective and calm down; yes, we need to review our season and squad and spend in the summer and also offload some that weren't needed, but no reckless changes, please.

Spend in the Summer? We've already spent way more than we should have needed to and certainly more than Brighton have. The most important signing at any football club is the manager because they make the most difference to the team. Hughton's managerial record is way more impressive than CC's and there really is no way of arguing differently. Would any sane person not want him here instead of Carlos? They've both had 2 full pre-seasons with their respective clubs, BTW.

It seems a bit pathetic to whinge about finishing 4th when we finished 6th last season, but it's all about what might have been with sensible , structured recruitment.

It seems we have been an agents dream this season, It's almost like a football manager or coach has had nothing to do with the signings.

All the new players have done, starting with the recruitment of Fletcher on silly wages, is cause unrest and fracture the team spirit that served us so well last year.

Well I reckon its time to strip it right back, and talk about who we keep rather than who needs to leave.

Westwood

Wildsmith

Hunt

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Winnall

They are the players that have 'done it' for me this season. If they haven't had good games then at least they have our a shift in.

None of the new signings, bar perhaps Reach, have shown consistent commitment. Fletcher has taken until the last 10 games to look interested, and Rhodes should never have been signed. That was an awful decision, we just didn't need him and we were never going to change our style to accommodate him.

Oh, and Forestieri should have gone when he refused to play.

26 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Sorry to say but think you have got $h!t in your eyes!

So....the visit and neg but don't have anything to say crew are in force.

Forgive me for thinking that before last night, folk were saying he needs dropping?

im not saying he isn't a good footballer and he might have played well last night (albeit in a losing side)...but come on, Lee, Bannan and Sam Hutchinson will never get us out of this league.

Bannan was our best player, anyone who disagrees known nothing about football or is a blunt, which actually is a prerequisite for being a bunt. I could go on and on but will make two points only, we had three forwards on our bench, why. Nuhiu got the call instead of Winnall, why?

Well we've had the ladder kicked from under us once again, best dust ourselves down and get back on it, after all we are The Wednesday.

Is it me or did CC sign lots of attacking players, yet play a more defensive style?

we didn't sign any defenders (Fox n Urby don't count do they?) 

i also think CC has a problem trying to play Lee, BB and Hutch in a 4-4-2 which doesn't work. 

We have a better squad than last season but not a better 1st team 

I've got to say the recruitment has been a shambles in the last 2 windows.  It feels like it's been a scattergun approach without a plan or strategy.  Us fans knew we had a good side last season and certain areas needed addressing to make our first 11 stronger.  There has been too much emphasis on building a bigger squad but the crux of it is that our first 11 has not been improved. As Vulva pointed out, it's the same team as last year.

For me Carlos has to go and we need someone in with fresh ideas to bring in a new footballing philosophy and system to suit the players we have and also to clear out some deadwood. It's a shame it's not worked out for Carlos as I'm sure most will agree that he's a cracking and classy bloke.

I believe if we can make the right appointment early and get our plans in place, we should be a force next season.  We haven't really bottled it like Derby, we have narrowly missed out on 2 playoff campaigns. We have a nucleus of a very good squad and I expect us to challenge for top 2 next season.  There is nothing to fear from the 3 sides that have come down. 

I've tried to see the positives from Reach but for 5mil or whatever it was up front that is an atrocious deal. Hes decent enough at LB but clueless on the wing. Think he was actually most effective at wing back at his past clubs.