Staggering

17 hours ago, vulva said:

That the side side tonight was exactly the one that lost against Hull, other than Fletcher, in place of an injured Hooper. 

Our recruitment in the summer was horrific. 

Sure wasn't great but you have to wonder why , even accounting for some injuries, why the likes of Winnall, Abdi, Rhodes, Buckley, Jones etc and even FF this season have seen the shine taken off their former reputations whilst with us. The Mcgugan situation has been a big waste too.

Just now, A12owl said:

He was one of only a few who came out with any credit. He was superb in what he did. Do you see his 60 yards dash into the oppos final third being hounded by one of their players. 

How can you say he has lost it? 

Unbelievable

Yes though I've often been disappointed with him this season; last night, especially first half, he was IMO our best player by a distance.

16 hours ago, Owls77 said:

I totally agree that we need better options, but I can only judge on what happened last night and Bannan was the stand out player!

Yes he was but he has been slated to death at times for his champagne pass that fails and for his running with little end product. He needs a big strapping,ball winning player at the side of him..the sort that lets him play with flair and covers for mistakes. Lee and Bannan are a no go for me. Sam is a liability and and injury risk. 

I dislike Barton but no one can deny, a player of his ilk would have got us over the line..The big bald bloke for Udders proved this....as did most of the Hull team last year.

failed to prepare etc etc

Edited by fatzooma

On 18/05/2017 at 17:27, daveyboy66 said:

So finishing higher, winning more games, beating the champions home and away is not improving

losing in the play off semi's to a weaker team compared to Brighton is not improvement.

We might have improved on finishing higher but we've still failed at the penultimate hurdle

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

losing in the play off semi's to a weaker team compared to Brighton is not improvement.

We might have improved on finishing higher but we've still failed at the penultimate hurdle

Overall I'd say we have improved over the course of the season. Winning brilliantly against Newcastle both home and away for example. Another example being the several wins in a row at the end of the season,by playing attacking open football full of confidence. 

Where we have failed is the nervous, negative mindset that we showed when it really matters-Hull in the play off final last season repeated again against Huddersfield. 

Had we played with any freedom and confidence we would be in the final. CC as much as I love him looked terrified and under huge strain. I thought the Hull play off final performance was just stage fright,but the Huddersfield performance makes me think the mindset is all wrong in the big games. If CC is nervous it transfers to the players. 

We need a manager who is calmer and more confident under pressure to progress. 

1 hour ago, Tudders said:

Overall I'd say we have improved over the course of the season. Winning brilliantly against Newcastle both home and away for example. Another example being the several wins in a row at the end of the season,by playing attacking open football full of confidence. 

Where we have failed is the nervous, negative mindset that we showed when it really matters-Hull in the play off final last season repeated again against Huddersfield. 

Had we played with any freedom and confidence we would be in the final. CC as much as I love him looked terrified and under huge strain. I thought the Hull play off final performance was just stage fright,but the Huddersfield performance makes me think the mindset is all wrong in the big games. If CC is nervous it transfers to the players. 

We need a manager who is calmer and more confident under pressure to progress. 

and a manager that is able to get the best out of our array of stars that we have .. the way we failed to utilise the tools at our disposal, Rhodes, Winnall, Fletcher, Abdi etc just raises some serious question marks!