Carlos- 3 major mistakes

13 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Biggest mistake was not playing for the win in the first leg. 

It's almost like we were playing for penalties since last weekend. 

Only seen bits and pieces tonight but why did we leave Reach and Rhodes on the bench? Why shoehorn three players into a system that has never looked right this season?

I know - it's crazy when you reflect on it.

He would have done the same in the final too which would have played into Readings hands.

Still, we'll never know ..but it think it's safe to say that's that's probably it for CC. 

Lovely chap but just couldnt get us to play to our potential when it really mattered and take that next critical step.

I like Carlos as a character, his enthusiasm is infectious and he obviously loves the club.

His performance as manager this season , however, as been very hit and miss.

His recruitment in both transfer windows has been poor - signing players that we didn't need or that he had no intention of giving a proper chance to such as Abdi, Rhodes, Emmanuelson , McManaman, Buckley and Winall .

4th place is , on paper, a decent end result but there is a definite sense of 'what might have been' .

For me the issue is in recruitment, whoever is in charge of that. We've ultimately spent £25 million on squad players. The starting 11 tonight was basically identical to last seasons except Fletcher in for Hooper. 

We looked at last season and knew we need to strengthen but no sign of Abdi, Jones, Reach, Winnall or Rhodes in starting 11. That amount spent on 5 players should have been enough to push us closer after last years effort but it was never spent in the right places or seemingly with any thought to building a "team" We've got so many central midfielders that we insist on playing 3 of them in a 4-4-2 because We don't have any quality wide players. In the game today, full backs are arguably the most important players on the pitch yet we did nothing about ours close season and Pudil was found out again today.

I'm not here to jump on the "I told you so' bandwagon, this is an incredibly hard league to get out of but the scattergun approach to recruitment doesn't work (a la Derby).

I thought that the Sky pundits summed up our predicament perfectly. Wednesday are very one paced and very predictable to play against. We have a pretty impressive array of individuals but aren't quite sure how to fit them into an effective system . Other than Loovens and Lees no partnerships have developed and flourished.

A couple of disappointments for me.... Fessi has been a shadow of the player that he was last season, I know that there is an injury issue but it all seemed to start on day one when he had to be persuaded to play against Villa, didn't celebrate his goal and then refused to travel to Norwich.

Then there's Abdi... I remember being extremely excited when we signed him, and look what happened there...well, I'm not sure any of us really know the full story.

Anyway, off to bed to dream of what might have been. Instead of £200 million and trips to Old Trafford and Anfield it back to Burton Albion and probably flippin' Millwall.

Bring on adthe flipping nuhiu when you need a pair of quick legs to finish them off.

Nothing stacks up, sorry Carlos.

Backwards from last year. 2 failed promotions. Cant think the team spirit will be there next year, chuck him.

47 minutes ago, steveger said:

With 3 minutes added time to go i decided to got to ASDA as i knew what was coming, just couldn't face watching any more, Huddersfield were the better team by far, we were unimaginative and one dimensional as we have been for most of the season, the midfield has been weak and needs a total re-haul, time for Mr C to throw some more mega money at it as we need much better in midfield, MUCH better, we have an amazing array of forwards who have mostly always scored goals wherever they have been, so that aint the promble, at least on paper....

The fact that he again decided to bring on big Dave says it all 

What did you buy mate?

How much did Huddersfield spend on their squad and wages. 

Wagner was the master tonight. Good luck to him in the final. They deserve it. 

Gutted for us, though. 

Edited by M Royds

Guest The Horse
25 minutes ago, debram said:

Mr chansiri wont be happy, an expensive luxury

With a more forward thinking manager, he'll be the leagues top scorer again. 

Biggest mistake has to be having ff start, he's not half the player he was last season. All he seemed to do was back into people and try win fouls. What happened to the direct runner who put defenders on the back foot. Poor over both legs and missed another crucial peno 

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bringing on Nuhiu instead of Winnall who has scored 15 goals in this league this season was a shocking decision. 

For me Winnall should of been on for Wallace and FF onto left