One man team myth

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which player do these posters who claim we're a one man team see as our main man?

Hutchinson?

Forestieri?

Hooper?

Wallace?

Lee?

Lees?

Bannan?

Westwood?

:ghoulguy:

Someone posted about the fantastic contribution of the Reach/Pudil axis a few days back too.

We have become a proper team unit.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Someone posted about the fantastic contribution of the Reach/Pudil axis a few days back too.

We have become a proper team unit.

That much is fairly obvious. But who do these people who claim we're a one man team see as that 'one man'?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Yes last year it seemed that FF was our only threat. The opposition knew to stifle him and they had a huge advantage. This year though with us not only having FF but a fully fit Hooper,Rhodes and an in form Fletcher, the opposition can't afford to focus on just one of our players. It's a nice position to be in.

34 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which player do these posters who claim we're a one man team see as our main man?

Hutchinson?

Forestieri?

Hooper?

Wallace?

Lee?

Lees?

Bannan?

Westwood?

:ghoulguy:

McGugan - he's a one man team (he plays with his sen every match these days) :biggrin:

47 minutes ago, StarmanNWC said:

It's no surprise that the rise in popularity of the wide players like Wallace, Reach and the full backs happened at the same time as we actually started getting crosses into the box and scoring lots of headed goals.

As was said earlier though, our defence never gets enough credit. Over the last 6 games we have conceded only 3 goals and 2 less than our closest competition in that regard. Loovens especially doesn't get the credit he deserves for his organisation at the back and helping Lees stay calm and focused.  It would be interesting to see the points for and against tally for Loovens, I think that would be interesting.

With Glenn 1.78 points per game

Without Glenn 1.82 points per game

Nothing in it. Shows how well Sasso did for us. 

Terrific squad.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Hope we can put this nonesense to bed now.

How many times last over the last two seasons have we read on here that we are a one man team? It frustrate the arris off me, and I'm sure it pees the players off too.

Football is, always has been, and always will be, a team game. 

This season...

With Nando 1.75 points per game

Without Nando 1.87 points per game

With Hutch 1.8 points per game

Without Hutch 1.8 points per game

Unquestionably two superb footballers. At their best they are magnificent footballers, but this season's results show that it takes XI to tango, not one or two.

I am delighted to see players like Hunt, Pudil, Wallace, Hooper and even Reach getting more and more praise on OT. They are nowhere near as exciting to watch as Nando and Hutch sometimes are, but boy are they effective and equally important.

We enter May in the wonderful position that two of our very top players have to force their way into a winning team on merit rather than reputation. It fills me with huge optimism.

That's two players.

25 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

We have been a strong team this year but no question last season we relied on FF to make something happen.

Can someone put the stats for leeds with and without chris wood bet thats interesting reading

It really is, but not how we would assume.

Without Wood P6. W4. D2. L0

Glad he stayed fit!

(In a couple he played less than 45 minutes. They are included above)

Yes it all about the TEAM.

But SOMETIMES you need an extra bit of sparkle from an individual to gain the extra points.

That could be a goal line clearance or last ditch tackle or brilliant save from the keeper, but they don't linger in the mind as much as a goal created from nothing with a piece of magic, that is usually from a forward player.

The opposites don't come into a game thinking, we have got to stop loovens, they will be concentrating on stopping Forestieri.

But it is the TEAM ethic that wins you the most points.

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Anyone got win ratio with Hooper. Must be pretty high 

Without Hooper P26. W12. D6. L8 = 1.61 points per game

With Hooper P19 = W12  D3. L4 = 2.05 points per game

59 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think last season it could have been levelled at us at times that we were over-reliant on Forestieri and when he got his red card at Hull, we couldn't buy a win while he was out of the side.

I think when we got to the playoff final Hull knew that if they stopper Fernando then they'd done half the job.

This for me however is one of the most encouraging things about this season is that we don't rely on him half as much as we did last season. Of course a player of his quality will always be a very important member of any squad at this level but our performances and results this year while he's been out of the side this season as opposed to last have been far far better.

Very true Trev.  Also it looks as if CC has now decided (as many of us thought on here) that FF's best role is wide left, rather than as one of two central strikers, or maybe just playing behind the main striker.  Overall the whole squad has clicked into gear over the last 7 matches and if we can continue with the level of performance achieved during this period, we will be strong contenders to go up (dare I say it)?

We, as supporters need to get behind the team in the last 3 or hopefully 4 matches and ensure that the level and intensity of performance is maintained.

UTO WAWAW

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Disgusting behaviour! No wonder Carlos isn't keen on him if he's doing that while the lads are trying to get ready in the changing rooms.

:duntmatter:

Aye, Carlos told him his time will cum soon if he keeps working at it. :manager: