Derby match Is huge

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Ipswich is a really difficult game, the most difficult of the three, so we can't bank on getting anything there. We need to beat Derby, and hope Leeds slip up against Burton. We've then got to hope that the pressure gets to Leeds and they implode. Other than that, I can't see us doing it. So yes, the next game is the most important.

That's the spirit!

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Ipswich is a really difficult game, the most difficult of the three, so we can't bank on getting anything there. We need to beat Derby, and hope Leeds slip up against Burton. We've then got to hope that the pressure gets to Leeds and they implode. Other than that, I can't see us doing it. So yes, the next game is the most important.

Ipswich are absolute dog sheit. I'm not bothered that they've just beaten Newcastle, We should be doing them over next Saturday. 

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Most games in the Championship are tough, especially away games. Don't see Ipswich, currently in 15th with 13 wins in 43 games, as any more difficult than what we've already faced - and picked up points from - already this season.

Personally, I think a win against Derby and avoiding defeat to Fulham will be enough to finish top 6. Also, don't see Leeds picking up maximum points from their final 3 games, nor do I see Fulham picking up 6 points from their next 2 games either.

We are in a position where we don't need teams to slip up if we do our own job.

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

CHEER UP YOU MISERABLE BASTWARD.

All these games are big of course and we see that mid to lower table teams can beat upper table teams.  

Objectively, however, it is obvious that of the three remaining opponents Fulham are the best team, then Derby, then Ipswich.  

Ipswich is away, of course, which creates difficulties, and they had a great result against Newcastle.  But they are not a particularly good team (and if you want confirmation of that rather obvious fact my cousin who is a long-suffering STH at Portman Road is capable of holding forth at longer length than you particularly need to hear)

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

All these games are big of course and we see that mid to lower table teams can beat upper table teams.  

Objectively, however, it is obvious that of the three remaining opponents Fulham are the best team, then Derby, then Ipswich.  

Ipswich is away, of course, which creates difficulties, and they had a great result against Newcastle.  But they are not a particularly good team (and if you want confirmation of that rather obvious fact my cousin who is a long-suffering STH at Portman Road is capable of holding forth at longer length than you particularly need to hear)

But it's the type of team Ipswich are which will cause us difficulties.

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Ipswich are absolute dog sheit. I'm not bothered that they've just beaten Newcastle, We should be doing them over next Saturday. 

You're right, we should. But as I wrote in another post, it's the type of team they are which is the problem. How can we do the double over Newcastle, a team brimming with good players, yet fail to beat Burton? Answer, the Magpies are the sort of team we play well against, Burton aren't. We really don't want to have to go to Ipswich desperate for a win.

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Most games in the Championship are tough, especially away games. Don't see Ipswich, currently in 15th with 13 wins in 43 games, as any more difficult than what we've already faced - and picked up points from - already this season.

Personally, I think a win against Derby and avoiding defeat to Fulham will be enough to finish top 6. Also, don't see Leeds picking up maximum points from their final 3 games, nor do I see Fulham picking up 6 points from their next 2 games either.

We are in a position where we don't need teams to slip up if we do our own job.

Ipswich recent home form...

Newcastle 3-1

Wigan 3-0

Brum 1-1

Wolves 0-0

Brentford 1-1

Leeds 1-1

Reading 2-2

Pretty similar form to QPR.

Nothing special but absolutely will test us and must be near our best.

Edited by Holmowl

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Ipswich recent home form...

Newcastle 3-1

Wigan 3-0

Brum 1-1

Wolves 0-0

Brentford 1-1

Leeds 1-1

Reading 2-2

Pretty similar form to QPR.

Nothing special but absolutely will test us and must be near our best.

I've had a think about the run in.

We must play play Forestieri with two strikers.. Just MUST. 

Too dangerous to play a game we're not much good at.

It's time to be bold and use the talent we've got..Not to play at "tactics".

Derby under Rowett

1-1 Udders home

0-4 Brentford away

2-1 Brum away

4-2 Fulham home

1-0 QPR home

2-2 Forest away

P6. W4. D1. L1

Away form

P3. W1. D1. L1

As always is this league, tough opposites. Need to be positive from the first whistle. Let's have them wishing for the beach by half-time in front of a very noisy and packed Hillsborough.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I've had a think about the run in.

We must play play Forestieri with two strikers.. Just MUST. 

Too dangerous to play a game we're not much good at.

It's time to be bold and use the talent we've got..Not to play at "tactics".

You would expect the following answer from me....

Had we played two strikers and FF all season we would not be scratching around for 6th.

We have been too good to play solid, tactical line-ups. And as you say, it's not as if it even works!

7 points from next 3 games and we're in, simples. 

Don't mind which order it comes but clearly a win Sat would give us some breathing space and momentum. 

We've done Warnock

We've ended the QPR away hoodoo 

Now let's nail those rams and Smash big Mick up the arsenal!! 

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You would expect the following answer from me....

Had we played two strikers and FF all season we would not be scratching around for 6th.

We have been too good to play solid, tactical line-ups. And as you say, it's not as if it even works!

Ha. I wasn't feeding you a line Holmowl.

Like tens of thousands of others I've been thinking at these vital games.

I started to think about each game dispassionately..From an opposition's point of view.

The one thing that would frighten me to death is our threat in and around the box.

I would see Forestieri as a special case who would take up quite a bit of my team talk.

Same (to a lesser extent.. Hooper,Rhodes, Fletcher and Nuhiu)..thing goes for the rest of our attacking talent.

I would also worry about set pieces.. With Ross putting it on a sixpence and our big defenders putting them away.

It's a bit of a nightmare for opposition coaches..But we need to put out the team that will keep them awake at night.

Not the one who are predictable and easy for journeymen players to stifle.