Channel 5

Mentioned that Fulham are the in form team and the ones to watch. Form table seems to suggest otherwise

Current 2016/17 Championship Form Table, Last 6 Matches, Home and Away

Pos Team P   W D L GF GA   W D L GF GA   GD Pts
1 Brighton and Hove Albion 6   3 0 0 6 2   2 0 1 4 3   5 15
2 Reading 6   3 0 0 6 2   2 0 1 6 8   2 15
3 Brentford 6   3 0 0 8 0   1 1 1 7 6   9 13
4 Sheffield Wednesday 6   2 0 1 3 3   2 1 0 5 2   3 13
5 Fulham 6   2 0 1 7 5   2 0 1 6 5   3 12
6 Wolverhampton Wanderers 6   2 0 1 4 3   2 0 1 5 4   2 12
7 Derby County 6   2 1 0 6 3   1 1 1 4 7   0 11

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Leeds have an advantage of us and Fulham playing each other last game as both cant get 3 points.

These sort of permutations can drive you mad though. Hope CC and the players just concentrate on our games as you cant do anything about the other games.

possibly but i'd be a very worried leeds fan if us and Fulham both need 1 point to make the play offs ....if one of  Fulham or us have made the play offs before we play each other then I think leeds are in big trouble .....course if leeds win there last 3 games they make it ........that's just 3 scenario's chuck in reading and hudders could lose 3 on the bounce and your right the  permutations  are endless .

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

possibly but i'd be a very worried leeds fan if us and Fulham both need 1 point to make the play offs ....if one of  Fulham or us have made the play offs before we play each other then I think leeds are in big trouble .....course if leeds win there last 3 games they make it ........that's just 3 scenario's chuck in reading and hudders could lose 3 on the bounce and your right the  permutations  are endless .

Hope if Wednesday and Fulham both need a point to get in play offs the game is not some sort of farce.

I know many on here would not be bothered but would really dislike if from the kick off they is some pre arranged agreement it will be a draw. I doubt that would happen though as the Football League would probably warn both clubs first that that sort of thing would not be tolerated. In fact it would basically be match fixing.

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hope if Wednesday and Fulham both need a point to get in play offs the game is not some sort of farce.

I know many on here would not be bothered but would really dislike if from the kick off they is some pre arranged agreement it will be a draw. I doubt that would happen though as the Football League would probably warn both clubs first that that sort of thing would not be tolerated. In fact it would basically be match fixing.

It would be the height of stupidity for both clubs if it could ever be proven that they colluded in "fixing" the game, the repercussions could last years.

Having said that I can't see the tackles flying in.

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

It would be the height of stupidity for both clubs if it could ever be proven that they colluded in "fixing" the game, the repercussions could last years.

Having said that I can't see the tackles flying in.

Think they was a match between Ireland and Holland in 1990 World Cup where both team knew a draw would take them through to the next round. With 20 mins left and scores level they was a few nods and winks between the two benches to let the match peter out to a draw. Would be surprised if something like that that happened if situation was the same.

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think they was a match between Ireland and Holland in 1990 World Cup where both team knew a draw would take them through to the next round. With 20 mins left and scores level they was a few nods and winks between the two benches to let the match peter out to a draw. Would be surprised if something like that that happened if situation was the same.

The most famous example is probably The Disgrace of Gijon between West Germany and Austria in the 1982 World Cup

I don't know why anyone is bothered about what any pundit says about us in or on any Media. On balance there has always been a negative media attitude towards us. Goes back to the beginning of media reporting when The Wednesday were THE football team.

I find it quite amusing watching them getting it wrong about us. Why not treat all these shows as comedies, and have a good laugh,

Edited by mark1948

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Like Barnsley and Huddersfield a few years ago on the final day, they just let the keeper have the ball 

On 18/04/2017 at 15:16, darklord said:

We have a big advantage over the other play off teams. We were there last year. We know how to get to Wembley.

We and Fulham have a massive advantage over leeds, it's in our own hands, whatever happens leeds will need to better our results, maybe they will maybe they won't...Bet they would swap places. If leeds lose on Saturday, we win or draw and Fulham draw, none of which is wishful thinking a good possibility imho..then I think leeds have blown it.

Hoping us and fulham are at least 4 pts clear going into the last game, the game may just decide who finishes 4th...hopefully