Is McGugan the answer?

9 hours ago, steveger said:

Thing is if he had done something "serious" then he would have been sacked for gross whatever by the club, that screams of he's opened his big mouth and said what he thought and paid for it by being cast out...... just a wild guess by the way, i'm like Jon Snow, i know nothing....:biggrin:

IMG_1196.JPG

44 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Mcgugan gets on with all the players bar 1 I won't name him . Carlos has made mcgugan an outcast , we have him till July 2019 on 16k a wk doing nothing. Like said already he would have been sacked if he did something very wrong, and I know he ain't .got that off a good source. But no1 knows what Carlos thinks only him. To me barnsley game is a huge huge game ,a shocking performance and atmosphere will turn toxic. Then I wonder if mcgugan will get his chance? But like said Carlos has made him so Un match fit.didnt even get a u23 game yest when half u23 side were not avaliable 

This surely confirms that DC can't be the interfering type chairman. Imagine you were the owner of a company and was paying an employee 832,000 spondoolics a year who had been sent home by your MD because of a bit of an argument. And you were committed to shelling another almost 2 million before he could be sent on his way. Wouldn't you be asking searching questions? I bloody would. It's ridiculous and I can't for the life of me believe that this would have been allowed to drag on like this at any of Carlos' previous clubs. It's a flipping dream job, I really hope he fully appreciates it. 

Big Forest fan I know reckons McGugans dad is his agent, and that causes a fair few issues. 

You can can look at this situation both ways. If someone is daft enough to pay me thick end of £1m per year to do nothing, I'm daft enough to take it. Management is all about getting the best out of the resources you have. You can't tell me that at times this season, and in particular right now, McGugan couldn't have done a job for us, even If only off the bench. 

Id be interested if he is actually training. Can anyone who watches training actually confirm this?

33 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Never mind how this has happened at every club he has ever played for. 

For me, te fact he has never come out and complained or said anything (what's he got to lose) and the way he has turned down loans in the past speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. He is one of those that's happy to take the money . 

People le seem to ignore things just to have an excuse to have another pop at Carlos. 

Could well be and/or he is just sitting tight waiting for Carlos to be sacked and then get another shot here under a new manager.

6 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Yeah coz that's what he did at every other club init. Sorry you can't blame Carlos for this one. Just look at his past. It says everything , although it's pretty clear that you have an anti Carlos agenda 

Why do I have an anti Carlos agenda just for suggesting that we bring McGugan back into the team?

2 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Your reply to my previous post just read like something the Anti Carlos crew would reply , a load of waffle with no substance. Mcgugan waiting for Carlos to go , have a word with ya self. He is a mercenary , look at the factual evidence of all his previous clubs. 

Not at all it is just my interpretation of what he is doing.

Edited by York_Owl

3 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

We already get over run in midfield so some of you think the answer is to play one of the laziest players I've ever seen. 

And some of you question CCs judgement!!

I don't remember us getting overrun in midfield when he played under Gray. Personally I think we should play a three man central midfield to prevent this regardless of whether or not McGugan plays. But I do think McGugan would fit nicely into this system and give us that bit of creativity and goal scoring threat from midfield that we appear to be missing.

No one player is the answer. Rhodes being the perfect example.

The answer is to use the whole squad collectively better, particularly in terms of tactics.

Astounding that we are approaching the end of the season and still don't know our best 11.

My take on it is this. 

Yes, I think he could be. Staggering how he's totally out of the squad.

But Carlos will never play him. He wouldn't risk it. Imagine mcgugan coming back and turning our fortunes around.  Would make Carlos look a right idiot. Carlos is far to stubbon for it.

Only chance of mcgugan playing again is with Carlos getting the sack and the new manager brining him back in.

Question: how long has mcgugan got on his contract?

Guest RocketOwl

The funny thing about Mcgugan is everyone now believes this myth he doesn't work hard enough and has a bad attitude.

When he played under Gray in a midfield 2 - no one ever once said he didn't work hard enough.