Is McGugan the answer?

12 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

££££££££££££££££ 16k a week?

Spot on no one is prepared to take such an expensive gamble on a player who seems to have a tendency to fall out of favour with management.

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Strange one this Mcgugan issue. I questioned in the past if it was his work rate. but I ain't so sure. 

I think it's more to do with the fact he has to be the main attacking man.

The Ginola or Cantona of the team if you will.

Probably was this at his other clubs till the better players started rolling in and he definitely was here till I'd imagine Forestieri took all the attacking prowess, set pieces, main man status off him.

Just a thought!!

Otherwise I am as baffled as everyone else.

you are not on your own with that thought tbh

Guest RocketOwl
56 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly only the top clubs in Championship will pay that and none of them will give him a second look.

It's his choice and I respect that but he could take a drop and play some football. Tells me a lot about him.

Stupid comment.

Would you take 5k off

your basic salary now your job? It's all relative he will be paying mortgages and have a family like the rest of us and any drop in salary will effect the standard of living he has been doing in line with his budgeted salary for his contract.

55 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly only the top clubs in Championship will pay that and none of them will give him a second look.

It's his choice and I respect that but he could take a drop and play some football. Tells me a lot about him.

who in there right mind would take a drop in wages for more work ......he as a nice contract here and can sit tight doing a bit of training for the another year and pick another 750k .at the end of it he can walk away for free and get himself a good deal at another club .it's a no brainer and to be honest I don't blame him for standing his ground .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

who in there right mind would take a drop in wages for more work ......he as a nice contract here and can sit tight doing a bit of training for the another year and pick another 750k .at the end of it he can walk away for free and get himself a good deal at another club .it's a no brainer and to be honest I don't blame him for standing his ground .

No, as I said I respected his right to make that decision. Everyone becomes too focused on the money. I'm not sure he'll get too good a deal when he leaves us and he is sacrificing his career. Why not play the long game and take a cut now and earn a good contract somewhere else. It's quite obvious he is more content taking the money than he is bothered about his career/playing football. Not the kind of guy I would want alongside me when the going gets tough.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Stupid comment.

Would you take 5k off

your basic salary now your job? It's all relative he will be paying mortgages and have a family like the rest of us and any drop in salary will effect the standard of living he has been doing in line with his budgeted salary for his contract.

Pardon? Don't mind you disagreeing but stupid??

See my other comments but this shows the money is the most important thing to him and whilst that doesn't make him unique it says a lot about his attitude to his career.

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

No, as I said I respected his right to make that decision. Everyone becomes too focused on the money. I'm not sure he'll get too good a deal when he leaves us and he is sacrificing his career. Why not play the long game and take a cut now and earn a good contract somewhere else. It's quite obvious he is more content taking the money than he is bothered about his career/playing football. Not the kind of guy I would want alongside me when the going gets tough.

we want a fee for him so if a club have to pay say 500k his bargaining power takes a hit so it's got to be better for him to wait until he can go for free .........

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

we want a fee for him so if a club have to pay say 500k his bargaining power takes a hit so it's got to be better for him to wait until he can go for free .........

Maybe the case but of course we don't know if the club have been asking for a fee or that that matter if there has been many enquirers about him

Guest RocketOwl
37 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Pardon? Don't mind you disagreeing but stupid??

See my other comments but this shows the money is the most important thing to him and whilst that doesn't make him unique it says a lot about his attitude to his career.

Money Is usually the most important aspect of every mans career.

On 21/03/2017 at 20:43, torryowl said:

Totally agree and I bet the ones on here moaning at him for not taking a drop in wages would be very happy to do what he is doing at their place of work. This debacle needed sorting out many months ago and I'm surprised a businessman of DC's standing hasn't stepped in. Carlos is a very lucky boy to have a chairman prepared to pay a player 750k/yr to sit it out due to a reported falling out. 

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 21:27, JackSWFC said:

The answer is no.

This. For me its because apart from today I cant recall him playing a game all season. With CC's/back room staff record of getting players match fit he wont be up to scratch with time left this season