Is McGugan the answer?

4 hours ago, York_Owl said:

I thought he looked quality whenever I saw him play. The "bust up" happened shortly after we signed him on a permanent deal when Carlos wanted home to play the no ten role. McGugan said he couldn't play there and we've barely seen him since and not at all this season.

If Carlos was that stubborn and they didn't get on like everyone makes out then surely he wouldn't have been played at Shrewsbury in the cup last season? And when he scored two goals that match surely he should have been in with a shout for a squad place at least? And wasn't he basically a No 10 under Gray?

I'm not digging at you, I just find that this bust up has been blown out of proportion/fabricated

41 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

The funny thing about Mcgugan is everyone now believes this myth he doesn't work hard enough and has a bad attitude.

When he played under Gray in a midfield 2 - no one ever once said he didn't work hard enough.

Curious, why did you neg my original comment on the thread?

I seem to remember a few people said he wasn't very hardworking but he provided the quality and flair we were lacking that season so he got away with it and as I said previously, Forest and Watford fans all said that on his day he undoubtedly has class in this league. But his day comes about every 4th match if he can be bothered. 

Guest RocketOwl
25 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

Curious, why did you neg my original comment on the thread?

I seem to remember a few people said he wasn't very hardworking but he provided the quality and flair we were lacking that season so he got away with it and as I said previously, Forest and Watford fans all said that on his day he undoubtedly has class in this league. But his day comes about every 4th match if he can be bothered. 

You talk little sense.

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

Lewis McGugan, the footballer who gets better the less he plays.

For some players, I agree with that that. The reason the McGugan situation is an odd one, is that for a long period he was our best player, and we bust our balls to sign him. I don't recall McGugan having many bad games, if any, unlike some players who get picked regardless. 

Guest RocketOwl
13 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

lol 

Lets play league matches while; Westwood, Bannan, Fletcher and Rhodes are away on international duty

Would pose similar problems for the opposition.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, FuthaMucker said:

Like who?

Sorry pal, didn't realise we were only side in league with international players, my bad.

Its like when I didn't see the secretive style we played last year that's been found out.

Guest RocketOwl

Statistically Mcgugan is a better and more productive centre midfielder than Bannan.

At a more cultured club Mcgugan would be appreciated, unfortunately with our fans we prefer Bannan running around after 8 players with no chance of getting the ball and then being out of position.

Guest RocketOwl
19 minutes ago, Kameron said:

You can add Pudil to the list too.  Shame because he's no worse than Fox.

Pudil has been poor to be fair this season so he's been dropped for poor form which I can understand.

If he could find last season from then he's twice the player Fox is.

Strange one this Mcgugan issue. I questioned in the past if it was his work rate. but I ain't so sure. 

I think it's more to do with the fact he has to be the main attacking man.

The Ginola or Cantona of the team if you will.

Probably was this at his other clubs till the better players started rolling in and he definitely was here till I'd imagine Forestieri took all the attacking prowess, set pieces, main man status off him.

Just a thought!!

Otherwise I am as baffled as everyone else.

1 hour ago, FuthaMucker said:

If Carlos was that stubborn and they didn't get on like everyone makes out then surely he wouldn't have been played at Shrewsbury in the cup last season? And when he scored two goals that match surely he should have been in with a shout for a squad place at least? And wasn't he basically a No 10 under Gray?

I'm not digging at you, I just find that this bust up has been blown out of proportion/fabricated

I don't have any of those answers it doesn't make much sense to me. All we know is that the story is  he was asked by Carlos to play at ten and refused or something along those lines.

i don't recall him playing no 10 under Gray but as one of the central midfielders.

to be honest I don't really care what has gone on before I'm just looking at the situation as it stands now. We basically have five fit central midfielders: Hutch, Bannan, Jones, Semedo and McGugan. Of those I would say McGugan is the most creative, arguably skilfull of the lot who also offers a goal scoring threat. It is because of this that I think he would improve the team. We have also struggled to find the right combinations in midfield. Ideally I'd like to see us go with a three but even in a two I think his style would compliment Hutchinson the best.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Sorry pal, didn't realise we were only side in league with international players, my bad.

Its like when I didn't see the secretive style we played last year that's been found out.

lol good argument pal. Well done. Back to school now. Good luck in your exams, you'll need it. 

10 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

I don't have any of those answers it doesn't make much sense to me. All we know is that the story is  he was asked by Carlos to play at ten and refused or something along those lines.

i don't recall him playing no 10 under Gray but as one of the central midfielders.

to be honest I don't really care what has gone on before I'm just looking at the situation as it stands now. We basically have five fit central midfielders: Hutch, Bannan, Jones, Semedo and McGugan. Of those I would say McGugan is the most creative, arguably skilfull of the lot who also offers a goal scoring threat. It is because of this that I think he would improve the team. We have also struggled to find the right combinations in midfield. Ideally I'd like to see us go with a three but even in a two I think his style would compliment Hutchinson the best.

I completely agree that he's the best out of that in regards to creativity. But as someone said in an earlier post, Abdi forced his way back in and Carlos ate his words and publicly praised Abdi for it as well. McGugan not being able to do it (or pushing) just screams bad attitude to me. 

Talking about Abdi, is he injured again? I haven't actually seen anything. 

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, FuthaMucker said:

lol good argument pal. Well done. Back to school now. Good luck in your exams, you'll need it. 

I can only hope to get the necessary grades to enable me to debelop

your fine wit. 

Edited by RocketOwl