Is McGugan the answer?

10 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

I think it's a mix of the two. I think he likes been the star but he doesn't like to put the work in on the training ground. 

I have nothing to back up my thoughts but I've read nothing that makes me think otherwise. 

Bit like Le Tisser he hardly ever trained well but always performed on match days.

It's certainly time that the TRUE reasons for McGugan, who , if I remember correctly, was one of the most praised,and certainly one of the most asked for players on the Post, has not even got a squad number. It MUST be drastic if he is simply not considered, yet we idolise a player who actually REFUSED to travel. At one time that would have been tantamount to instant dismissal, yet it merely resulted in a 'slap on the wrist', but we keep paying McGugan's not inconsiderable wages, but never consider him, yet play Semedo who, with the best will in the world, and a heart bigger than a dustbin, is nowhere near top Championship class.

If the management consider his attitude/ability is not up to scratch, why do we keep him and continue to pay his wages?  Either play him and see, or get rid and reduce the wage bill, enabling us to bring in someone to play the position required.  

52 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

I think it's a mix of the two. I think he likes been the star but he doesn't like to put the work in on the training ground. 

I have nothing to back up my thoughts but I've read nothing that makes me think otherwise. 

One of my favourite Owlstalk phrases. 

18 hours ago, torryowl said:

while bannan  can walk onto the pitch mcgugan as no chance .....be interesting though if bannan gets injured to see who carlos would turn to .mcgugan would be the last man standing but I wouldn't be surprised if he played Wallace in the centre

I think that will quickly stop as and when CC goes - also think Bannan would get moved on quite quickly too tbh...he has been patchy this season and doesn't have the ability to dominate a midfield - never has which is probably why he has never really cut it at a higher level.

3 hours ago, FuthaMucker said:

I completely agree that he's the best out of that in regards to creativity. But as someone said in an earlier post, Abdi forced his way back in and Carlos ate his words and publicly praised Abdi for it as well. McGugan not being able to do it (or pushing) just screams bad attitude to me. 

Talking about Abdi, is he injured again? I haven't actually seen anything. 

Yes Abdi is injured again. Not sure for how long tho.

25 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I think that will quickly stop as and when CC goes - also think Bannan would get moved on quite quickly too tbh...he has been patchy this season and doesn't have the ability to dominate a midfield - never has which is probably why he has never really cut it at a higher level.

Another player who may work better in a three man midfield.

Guest RocketOwl
10 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

How's he managed to do that ffs

Would make more sense but like you say how would he do that.

6 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

££££££££££££££££ 16k a week?

Exactly only the top clubs in Championship will pay that and none of them will give him a second look.

It's his choice and I respect that but he could take a drop and play some football. Tells me a lot about him.