Blades putting pressure on Carlos?

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

91/92 they did the double over us 

Leeds -  82pts

Man Utd - 78pts

Wednesday - 75pts

They finished mid table but it made their season, still get pig mates reminding me that they cost us the title 

I think the fact you have pig " mates " speaks volumes lol 

I for one would be delighted for them to come up and have one season in the second division. They'd soon be sinking again. There is a jump that many of them won't be expecting. 

As for pressure on us from them...

I never feel any pressure from them at all. 

They're like a scruffy adopted brother who plays with his own poo.

Even if they do well from time to time the most effect it has on me, if at all , is  to raise a patronising  smile.

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Heres one to throw in the mix...

Anyone think that Uniteds present success is worrying Owls fans, and in some way fuelling the nervousness apparent on here?

Are they "Coming for us"...are you worried about it if they are?

I think theres some substance in me theory, half the f.ookers on here are bedwetting cos The Blavdes might come up...Get a grip FFS!

errr...

Thoughts lol

No reference to Carlos in the OP...

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Thats a relief not a worry

Now, now - remember how badly it went when they outbid us for Ryan France (if my memory is correct the player was such a nonentity that I might have even got his name wrong).

:milan:

The might be able to cut it in tinpot league but there is a vast chasm of class in between League 1 and The Championship. They will get annihilated on a weekly basis IF they manage to bridge the gap.

Would take huge investment on all fronts to get anywhere near the level they need to even survive this league.

Also, regarding it affecting pressure on CC. The day anyone is more concerned about the fate of them at The Lame over us is the day they ought to give their head a wobble and come back to reality.

1 minute ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

The might be able to cut it in tinpot league but there is a vast chasm of class in between League 1 and The Championship. They will get annihilated on a weekly basis IF they manage to bridge the gap.

Would take huge investment on all fronts to get anywhere near the level they need to even survive this league.

Also, regarding it affecting pressure on CC. The day anyone is more concerned about the fate of them at The Lame over us is the day they ought to give their head a wobble and come back to reality.

Is that a typo or deliberate? :duntmatter:

Either way, it's funny!

garymegson

10 hours ago, Almat said:

Barnsley's performance so far since coming up (and losing their 3 best players) would suggest otherwise. 

Barnsley recruited young and after their season last season were riding on the wave of massive positivity and just carried it on to this season, it's been unbelievable to be honest, somehow can't see Sharp, Lavery, Clarke and Hanson being prolific in the Championship

Hope for United's sake they've got a few quid stashed away somewhere.

The squad they have now is decent enough to win a pretty weak looking league 1, and let's be honest they have pretty much won it, but it makes the bang average squad we brought up in 2012 look like it belongs in the champions league.

Think finishing 20th ( and obviously beating us ) would be the target for them next season, they're a long way off "coming for us" yet.

Mind the gap etc etc

10 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Hope for United's sake they've got a few quid stashed away somewhere.

The squad they have now is decent enough to win a pretty weak looking league 1, and let's be honest they have pretty much won it, but it makes the bang average squad we brought up in 2012 look like it belongs in the champions league.

Think finishing 20th ( and obviously beating us ) would be the target for them next season, they're a long way off "coming for us" yet.

Mind the gap etc etc

You reckon they are a worse side than Barnsley last year? Because I don't. Don't forget Barnsley got up via the play-offs (after finishing 6th) whereas it's looking increasingly likely that United will come up as champions. In Wilder they have the best manager they've had since Colin. Should we still be in the Championship next season, they won't be a pushover for us imo, especially if we play them early on. 

Edited by Almat

10 minutes ago, Almat said:

You reckon they are a worse side than Barnsley last year? Because I don't. Don't forget Barnsley got up via the play-offs whereas it's looking increasingly likely that United will come up as champions. In Wilder they have the best manager they've had since Colin. Should we still be in the Championship next season, they won't be a pushover for us imo, especially if we play them early on. 

Probably a fair point actually and I know it's never a pushover in a derby

Do think for all they've achieved this year though, Barnsley will be a lot further down the table next time around.

As they stand they are of little concern.

However, what about the Chinese billionaire McCabe has lined up for investment when they get promoted ?

Would that level the playing field in the Championship or will Wilder be out of his depth ?