Top two strikers for Leeds then?

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I hope you are right. But Hooper is arguably as good a finisher as Rhodes, and the Hooper-FF goal-scoring record is diabolical.

Lets hope Rhodes-FF works, as it's clearly the first choice for Carlos. 

I'm a big fan of Hoopers but my main reservation with him is when he came in last season and also at the start of this season it seemed to take a while for him to get up to speed and given the length of time he's been out for, I'm concerned that even with game time it might not be until late March or early April until we start seeing the best of him.

Going with Forestieri and Rhodes up front would be my first choice with Hooper, Fletcher and Winnal as back up.

If Carlos plays a slightly more attacking brand of football, there's goals throughout that forward line.

48 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I bet there crapping themselves at Leeds. Like some one said before, we could have any striker in the world and he wouldnt score goals with the present set up. No one to feed them.

To be fair mate, we struggled to score last night despite having a good number of opportunities

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Will be Forestieri and one other, he's head and shoulders above the others, both in the scoring stakes, and for his creativity

I agree.

And that's not a criticism of anyone else. I think we have some very good players at this level, but Fernando is a class above.

With the exception of maybe Lee and Abdi (who's really impressed in the last couple of games), I don't think we have anyone on the same wavelength sadly.

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

I bet there crapping themselves at Leeds. Like some one said before, we could have any striker in the world and he wouldnt score goals with the present set up. No one to feed them.

When you've got a centre mid playing wide we're not going to play good balls to strikers. Play with a couple of direct players and don't pass backwards when in a good position and then jobs a gooden.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Fernando Forestieri is arguably the most creative player in the division, Jordan Rhodes is arguably the best finisher in the division.

Give these two game time, help them strike up an understanding and we'll have the most feared strike force in the division.

I agree but if you play ff up top then you have to play with two wingers with creativity and not a centre mid out there 

Guest Copthorneowl

I hope it's Rhodes, Winall or Fletch (pref Winall) and FF left but frankly would like to see Hooper fit, suppose won't happen soon he's been laid off a long time and seems to get out of condition when not playing so I suspect he might not get that many games before the season ends if he's not fit in next week or so.

More important is the midfield and set up won't matter how many or who is up front if we can't have a creative energetic and offensive midfield - as we know.

3 hours ago, just visiting said:

I like that, no cover for right back position, Sacko will have field day and your midfield two will be outnumber and out muscled.

Clearly not seen much of Macca when he's come on for us. Presses well & makes a few interceptions which is more than Wallace does. 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I'd have a 5 man midfield and Fletcher on his own up front 

But CC will  likely go with the same lineup that turned up for about the last 20 minutes against Brentford.

We'll lose this one 2-0

No Rhodes? Really?

Leeds would be ecstatic to see his name on the bench rather than the field.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No Rhodes? Really?

Leeds would be ecstatic to see his name on the bench rather than the field.

Not for this one ...for me if it's just 1 up front it has to be Fletcher.  Rhodes is best with someone along side him.

Fletcher did it in the Prem - Rhodes yet to really prove himself at the higherst level.

Dont think Leeds will be too worried about what we will do either tbh

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Fernando Forestieri is arguably the most creative player in the division, Jordan Rhodes is arguably the best finisher in the division.

Give these two game time, help them strike up an understanding and we'll have the most feared strike force in the division.

Not if we keep going long into them.