Top two strikers for Leeds then?

3 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I'd have a 5 man midfield and Fletcher on his own up front 

But CC will  likely go with the same lineup that turned up for about the last 20 minutes against Brentford.

We'll lose this one 2-0

got a feeling this will be a more open game, as both sides will attack more, both sides want to consolidate that play off spot.

and after Tuesday night there will have been a few words said.

there will be goals, 4-2 Wednesday,

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Definitely Rhodes and Forestieri.  McManaman in on the right. Can't play both Macca and Ff on the wings...we'll get mullered!!!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

7 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not for this one ...for me if it's just 1 up front it has to be Fletcher.  Rhodes is best with someone along side him.

Fletcher did it in the Prem - Rhodes yet to really prove himself at the higherst level.

Dont think Leeds will be too worried about what we will do either tbh

Totally agree leave Rhodes on bench play fessi in hole behind fletcher .other clubs regularly had Rhodes on bench  for tough away games .our problem is fullbacks if sacko and there other wingers run at out full backs woods will get loads of service and if sasso and loovens are in middle I will worry.leeds will know our weakness fullbacks , and Bannan in midfield , but who does he play ? He should have got a bully in midfield in January . Fox Lees have to play Saturday or I fear worse. I saw us against leeds earlier in season and we got bullied by there bigger players and got exposed by sacko pace down wings . On paper we have a much better squad but they have a working unit of a team and they will be well up for this game .I'd take a point now 

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

A month ago I'd totally agree.

I think ff looks more dangerous in a ten role right now. But I don't know why that's the case. Perhaps the deernamics changed.

He looks really dangerous in the ten role, and he looked really dangerous left against Brentford and Blackburn. He is a wonderful forward wherever he plays.

The reason I strongly prefer him left is what it does for the team rather than for him as an individual. For whatever reason, our strikers don't score when he plays. Two goals from his co-striker all season. And that is a huge problem.

Perhaps that will change with Rhodes.

Whether you play reach and ff or reach and Wallace there still going to be bobbar defence down one side through a game to the people saying we will be weak down the side defensively nothing will have changed.

id play reach right and ff left with Rhodes and winnall up top.... 

Edited by Animal

I'd go for

Westwood

Hunt - Sasso - Loovens - Reach

Mcmanaman - Bannan - Hutchinson - Wallace

Fessi

Rhodes

Im just wary that Leeds have very good wingers, playing Macca & Fessi on the wings could open us up a little too much.

Playing like this still gives the defenders lots to worry about with Macca's pace, Wallace on his favoured wing, Fessi roaming around and Rhodes picking up scraps.

Hopefully Hooper will make the bench as well, he likes scoring against Leeds.

Guest Copthorneowl

Quite a number mentioning Hooper - do you guys know something we don't can anybody please tell us his current stats if you know it. As usual no info from HQ still waiting for the white smoke.

Cant believe a few are already putting Rhodes on the bench! Five games into his career here.

Upto Boro he was an out and out ever-present for his clubs. Never dropped and never injured, and he scored goals for 8 consecutive seasons.

Karanka was the only manager who devised a system that stopped Rhodes scoring freely, by playing him largely as a target man. 

We play 442 - utterly made for JR, but then we keep the ball among our back six (incl Westy and Hutch) and pull our one and a half wingers narrow. Rhodes must be pulling his flipping hair out.

If we drop him to play Fletch in 451, do we do the same against other tough sides like Norwich, Newcastle, Cardiff? 

Get him service and he will score. That's what's needed. Not dropping him to play even more "solid" than we do now. 

49 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Cant believe a few are already putting Rhodes on the bench! Five games into his career here.

Upto Boro he was an out and out ever-present for his clubs. Never dropped and never injured, and he scored goals for 8 consecutive seasons.

Karanka was the only manager who devised a system that stopped Rhodes scoring freely, by playing him largely as a target man. 

We play 442 - utterly made for JR, but then we keep the ball among our back six (incl Westy and Hutch) and pull our one and a half wingers narrow. Rhodes must be pulling his flipping hair out.

If we drop him to play Fletch in 451, do we do the same against other tough sides like Norwich, Newcastle, Cardiff? 

Get him service and he will score. That's what's needed. Not dropping him to play even more "solid" than we do now. 

Maybe that was in the past, this season he didn't do it at Boro, and he's struggled here so far. I agree, there is an issue with service, but it's probably the same issue that stopped our existing strikers scoring more freely. In this system, the only one of the strikers who looks like scoring, is Forestieri. So if no one is scoring regularly, you look to see what else they offer the team. Without goals, Rhodes doesn't actually contribute much, so leaving him out shouldn't be such a great surprise

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe that was in the past, this season he didn't do it at Boro, and he's struggled here so far. I agree, there is an issue with service, but it's probably the same issue that stopped our existing strikers scoring more freely. In this system, the only one of the strikers who looks like scoring, is Forestieri. So if no one is scoring regularly, you look to see what else they offer the team. Without goals, Rhodes doesn't actually contribute much, so leaving him out shouldn't be such a great surprise

It would surprise, shock and disappoint me.

If we go through...

Nuhiu

Joao

Hooper

Fletcher

Winnall

and finally Rhodes

and none of them can score in our current system, what does that tell you?

Either they are all not good enough

or

the system is badly flawed.

50 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It would surprise, shock and disappoint me.

If we go through...

Nuhiu

Joao

Hooper

Fletcher

Winnall

and finally Rhodes

and none of them can score in our current system, what does that tell you?

Either they are all not good enough

or

the system is badly flawed.

As well as a surprise it would be a colossal waste of money.

When you invest in a proven goal scorer at this level the manager and his coaching staff should be making every effort to build a team around him and play to his strengths.