Forest fans

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

My Dad did.

He worked at Orgreave when we lived in Catcliffe for a year then worked at Thurcroft when we moved to Dinnington. Spent most of his years working at Dinnington pit though.

Same here, but we're from Brinsworth.

My dad was on strike for best part of a year when I'd just moved into juniors.

Can remember getting free clothes & shoes for school and free school dinners during that time -tough old days, but we survived.

Dad ended up at Dinnington too, but retired about 4yrs later..

30 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Used to be a bit jealous of forest in the period that they signed Assombalonga then Antonio, crazy how times change. 

To hear some of them tell it, they were nailed on for promotion after a dozen games that season. Some of them were already discussing their Premier League away trips before winter had set in - I kid you not.

My favourite comment from a Forest fan was when they beat us at Hillsborough early on that year: "Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept that you've come up against a club that are ready for promotion. Don't worry - Wednesday's time will come."

Not that I've reminded him of that comment at every opportunity for the past few years or anything.

:duntmatter:

15 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Yes,  its a few years back, but the memory is neither forgiven or forgotten (they helped to divide the unions and decimate the coal industry by cow-towing to Thatcher)...  and thousands of people's livelyhoods were affected thereafter.. 

Here endeth the lesson! 

No they didn't 

They stood up to a dictator who used the Miners to feather his own nest in the process decimating an industry that was going to be decimated anyway by a meglomaniac Prime Minister 

Plus if there are 5% of of the Forest Support that are 

A. Old enough to have been involved in any strike 

B. Worked in the Pits 

I for one would be amazed 

19 hours ago, bradowl said:

Think I'd go on the counter for this, give em the ball & hope to catch them out.

If they sit back and let us have the ball we'll tear them a new one - just like last season.

The difference this season is that people know how we play - so it's 11 men behind the ball and we have to grind out more wins

Why do they keep mentioning red card for Westwood. It's been covered enough times this season and was probably covered during radio, highlights and papers during and after match yet still people moaning about it!

FOOOOKING DOUBLE JEOPARDY RULE YA BUNCH OF TIIIIITS! 

Fact is South Yorks police - many of them Wednesdayites - were the ones roaming around like paramilitary and flashing their overtime at miners to provoke them. Same institution that allowed Rotherham abuse to happen. Any real venom should be aimed at them.

I respect Forest as a club - shouting scabs is like them calling us wendies or us calling a Barnsley dingles and so on. Just throwaway jibes really, as it means little to the recipient. 

Edited by CEOwl

1 hour ago, CEOwl said:

Fact is South Yorks police - many of them Wednesdayites - were the ones roaming around like paramilitary and flashing their overtime at miners to provoke them. Same institution that allowed Rotherham abuse to happen. Any real venom should be aimed at them.

I respect Forest as a club - shouting scabs is like them calling us wendies or us calling a Barnsley dingles and so on. Just throwaway jibes really, as it means little to the recipient. 

Quite a lot of the coppers weren't even S Yorks. Nottingham going back to work was pivotal in the strike being broken

On 18/02/2017 at 12:24, Lawrie Madden said:

No they didn't 

They stood up to a dictator who used the Miners to feather his own nest in the process decimating an industry that was going to be decimated anyway by a meglomaniac Prime Minister 

Plus if there are 5% of of the Forest Support that are 

A. Old enough to have been involved in any strike 

B. Worked in the Pits 

I for one would be amazed 

That's very true.

One of my memories is of scargill being chauffeured to orgreave in his jag...